• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I hope its not Until Dawn 2.

That would be the peak of sequel for sequel sake. The story ended on a really strong note, and I don't need a shoehorned experience.

A brand new narrative horror game for us to fawn over, pls.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope its not Until Dawn 2.

That would be the peak of sequel for sequel sake. The story ended on a really strong note, and I don't need a shoehorned experience.

A brand new narrative horror game for us to fawn over, pls.
If it was going to be something lengthy and standalone like Until Dawn was, I wouldn't even need it to be a horror game. While Hidden Agenda is not what I wanted in many ways, that genre shift in a similar interactive structure would be neat.

wapplew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if they are making Cornor and Hank buddy cop adventure instead of QD that clearly go multiplatform.
It's not the first time Sony let other studio continue their IP.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's not going to be Until Dawn 2 because the Dark Pictures Anthology is basically that. I'm sure they have cool stuff in the pipeline though.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good. Now make an Until Dawn sequel (and not only these short Dark Pictures episodes) with Sony's budget behind it.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully something in the vein of Until Dawn but not a sequel.

"Several titles" would imply to me they're working on a bunch of VR games, which isn't my cup of tea, but I'll keep an open mind.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they are trying to show Sony that they don't need them to get a higher offer on being acquired?

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao if people actually think these games are going to be more than PlayLink games or VR games.

Oct 27, 2017
Until Dawn 2 would make me lose my shit. That's probably my biggest surprise of the generation. I wasn't going to bother with it, but a friend talked me into getting it and I also figured it would kill some time before MGSV came out. Wound up liking it a lot more than MGSV.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Rush of Blood 2 (or a game that plays like Rush of Blood with a different IP)...

...plus a full VR Scuba diving sim please (Ocean Descent wasn't nearly enough).

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Needs to be about el La Llorona. A group of teenagers go explore some delapidated ancient aztec ruins in a jungle while they are hunted down by la El Llorona. DLC could include La el Chupacabra and bigfoot.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would love Until Dawn 2 but WITHOUT the twist in the last quarter of the game. Completely killed the game for me. Other than that, hopefully new IP's.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I played Until Dawn through PS+, and it was excellent. Hopefully they make another high quality title that does solid sales wise.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I hope they use what they learned from Rush of Blood, The Inpatient and Bravo Team to do something great if its another PSVR game. Rush of Blood was great, The Inpatient had a lot of potential but it was wasted and Bravo Team was just bad. An Until Dawn like game with railway shooting gameplay would be amazing in VR (something like Rush of Blood but with more choose your own adventure elements).

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
How about making an Until Dawn (or Quantic Dream) kind of game but with comedy theme?

Too many serious story these days, wish we got a genuine funny game...

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
How about making an Until Dawn (or Quantic Dream) kind of game but with comedy theme?

Too many serious story these days, wish we got a genuine funny game...
I don't want a comedy-themed game, that would be tiring. At least for me. Several comedy bits would be nice and it worked in Detroit (Hank-Connor interactions)

It will be more PlayLink and PSVR and you are going to like it.
How about no

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They should choose entirely new story genre, not horror. How about teen romcom genre, make it dating sim style where you can hook up with everyone, along with the romantic triangle/quadruple/etc depends on how many character there are. Imagine when you tried to romance girl A but then it turn out she's interested with your best buddy Guy B, then you can choose to support them or try to sabotage their relationship etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.