• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Asking for a friend, when was the last time CW canceled a show after its first season?

Which half season was that? I just randomly jumped to Season Four and I'm loving the Agent Liberty storyline. I might go back after and watch the seasons I missed out on, though I'm aware the political themes have been said to be pretty heavy-handed.
Season 4 lol. It completely wastes Manchester Black but its an okay season overall. But season 5 has been awful so far.

Nah. I'm going through the Arrowverse for the first time. Season 1 was solid, season 2 was a lot better. Enjoying season 3 so far as well.

Their streaming service will be dead in 2020.
no offense but you like Supernatural

full offense
giphy.gif

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The real reason Legends is losing Routh ... right? ):
I wish lol, I'd be willing to give it a chance on Routh alone. It would have been perfect if it was in another universe cause then we could get a Jon at an appropriate age rather than a baby which I'm assuming they're going with.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
To all the people saying this means no more Superman movies....

Maybe DC/WB has finally let up on their stupid mandate about not having the same character in multiple things?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I don't know why some people seem to think this is only happening because there is no upcoming Superman movie. I mean, there isn't but I don't think it's related.

They had no problem doing a Flash series even though they were in development of a Flash movie in a different universe. We'll just ignore that it entered development hell, as we all know the reason for that.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Also there's a Batman movie in development and Bruce Wayne also appears on Titans and

is supposedly cameoing in Crisis

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Like with GA and the Canaries show, it's probably not going to be a full 22/23 episode season. Give it 13-16 episodes a season, share the slot with the other so when one finishes the other picks up and there ya go.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yes, because it's usually good.
A show that lasted 14 seasons and has millions of fans. For its genre it pretty much did the impossible lasting so long. I mean yeah it's not art, but hell yeah it's fun and entertaining. Some people just have to hate, instead of just being indifferent to things they don't personally like.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't know why some people seem to think this is only happening because there is no upcoming Superman movie. I mean, there isn't but I don't think it's related.

They had no problem doing a Flash series even though they were in development of a Flash movie in a different universe. We'll just ignore that it entered development hell, as we all know the reason for that.
Yeah I don't get it either. There wasn't any movies planned anyway, and there is nothing stopping a new Superman movie in the year 2023 when this show is on season 4 (or 3), assuming it lasts that long. Flash existed in both tv and movies at the same time.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 4: Lois runs an article on the importance of child vaccination and a debunk of antivax myths, but then has to answer to public backlash when it's found out that Superman and Lois's child cannot enter preschool due to the child's skin being too tough to take the vaccination shots.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
They should make a Superman tv series on HBO Max or something.

Heck, why not build an interconnected DC Heroes series on HBO Max with budgets that can compete with the Marvel Disney+ series.

Stop wasting time and resources on a budget ass show on the CW.

Go big or go home.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Supergirl is insanely bad and only had one okay half season and now the same group is making a superman show. It's gonna suck.

I'd much rather DC's streaming service do a Superman show.

I'm not talking about the quality of the show, I know Supergirl normally sucks, just meant the saltiness over Supergirl being the better/stronger hero in her own show

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Heck, why not build an interconnected DC Heroes series on HBO Max with budgets that can compete with the Marvel Disney+ series.

Go big or go home.
Yeah DC feels like a mess at times, even though I watch most of the shows. Like my favorite show is Doom Patrol, and, I was worried it would be cancelled because they limit it to their streaming service and are obviously having more money put into it than a CW show. So we have CW shows or DC Universe shows which likely won't last after two more years. Hell they cancelled Swamp Thing and it was like only 1 of 3 reasons to subscribe to their service if you don't watch comic cartoons or shows from the 90s.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Cool, I'm not into Supes, but I've liked Hoechlin in the small bits we've gotten so far. Same goes for Tulloch.

Keep the Arrowverse shows coming.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about the quality of the show, I know Supergirl normally sucks, just meant the saltiness over Supergirl being the better/stronger hero in her own show
what else you want me to call that superman? bootyman? I'll call him bootyman from now on.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

The Flash movie is never coming out

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
This is interesting. The overwhelming consensus was he'd die in Crisis. I guess it's Routh's Superman instead. Somebody Super has to bite the dust.

probably doesn't bode too well for Supergirl, although that show is five years old at this point and there's more female led shows on the horizon. And yeah Todd Helbing writes good episodes but is a bad showrunner. He needs someone else with him.

The Flash had been in development for a year and had started airing by the time the movie was announced. Arrow lost quite a few characters to the films. They're wildly inconsistent.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This is interesting. The overwhelming consensus was he'd die in Crisis. I guess it's Routh's Superman instead. Somebody Super has to bite the dust.

probably doesn't bode too well for Supergirl, although that show is five years old at this point and there's more female led shows on the horizon. And yeah Todd Helbing writes good episodes but is a bad showrunner. He needs someone else with him.

The Flash had been in development for a year and had started airing by the time the movie was announced. Arrow lost quite a few characters to the films. They're wildly inconsistent.

Oh, I know the films have impacted the shows. But WB certainly had plans for the film, despite the fact that it never ended up happening.

A bigger character like Superman might be different. But it's clear that Superman is done on the big screen for a bit no matter what.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just when I start to lose interest in the CW DC shows, they pull something like this and completely redeem themselves.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
i honestly do not think cw supes can carry a show. maybe i need to watch more supergirl though

i'm happy for him either way

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get why Warner Bros is not willing to invest the big bucks on a proper DC tv series or universe.
No more janky ass writing and production quality. Consumers deserves better ffs.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
CW: "All DC all the time.. Plus some high school show and something about space.."

Happy for more Hoechlin Superman though. He's great.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

It is just a testament to how important Geoff Johns is for Warner. They let him do his pet project despite the movie.

Go big or go home.

They are already doing that with Titans, Doom Patrol and Stargirl.

Yeah DC feels like a mess at times, even though I watch most of the shows. Like my favorite show is Doom Patrol, and, I was worried it would be cancelled because they limit it to their streaming service and are obviously having more money put into it than a CW show. So we have CW shows or DC Universe shows which likely won't last after two more years. Hell they cancelled Swamp Thing and it was like only 1 of 3 reasons to subscribe to their service if you don't watch comic cartoons or shows from the 90s.

Swamp Thing was a political mess.
I really don't get why Warner Bros is not willing to invest the big bucks on a proper DC tv series or universe.
No more janky ass writing and production quality. Consumers deserves better ffs.

They are doing it. And consumers certainly seem to be enjoying the Berlanti domination.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It is just a testament to how important Geoff Johns is for Warner. They let him do his pet project despite the movie.

They are already doing that with Titans, Doom Patrol and Stargirl.

Swamp Thing was a political mess.

They are doing it. And consumers certainly seem to be enjoying the Berlanti domination.
Ok, it was still fantastic tv. Politcial mess or not, whatever that really means. And critically acclaimed.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder who will be Superman's guy in the chair Chloe/Felicity/Mr T/Luke Fox/Cisco character cause you know they're gonna fuckin do it. They will also pair off 90% of the characters into stupid relationships to act as filler.

I'm also assuming that Superman will inexplicably not be able to dodge a normal ass human's attacks at random points in an episode.

Who tf is going to be Olsen. Are we getting an Olsen knock off? There won't be a Cat Grant either. Hell they used a bunch of his villains in Supergirl already too.

They're gonna fuck up Eradicator too aren't they.

I am so sick of fucking Vancouver.

There won't be a Lex Luthor.

Man they fucked this by being in the same universe as Supergirl.

I need to make an Arrowverse Bingo.

Don't be like me and watch like 15 seasons of Arrowverse. It will leave you scarred. Forever.

Black Lightning is the shit and you should watch it