• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

TVLine has learned that Superman & Lois, from Warner Bros. TV, is currently in development and it will follow "the world's most famous Super Hero and comic books' most famous journalist" as they "deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today's society."

Former Flash showrunner Todd Helbing will pen Superman & Lois and serve as an executive producer alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Geoff Johns.

Amazing news if it works out.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Oh that sounds like it could be fun.

Though I question how the UK will get it seeing as we're not getting Batwoman which leaves Crisis a bit up the creek

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh with the shitty jobber supes no fucking thanks

Also Arrowverse garbage

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's time

Superboy_Jonathan_Kent.png

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Superman and Lois were great in the last crossover. They had chemistry and were really cute together. She was pregnant so I'm guessing this is going to just continue with that storline and that's fine by me. or maybe an alternate Earth where they already have grown kids.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I just noticed it's the old Flash show runner too. It's going to be a disaster.

Being a Superman fan this decade has been awful :(

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Supergirl is insanely bad and only had one okay half season and now the same group is making a superman show. It's gonna suck.
Hellbing has done Spartacus, Black Sails and The Flash. The others are executive producers on every single Berlanti show. None of them are particularly involved with Supergirl.

Fuck I just noticed it's the old Flash show runner too. It's going to be a disaster.
So let's repeat; Spartacus, Black Sails. He has also written some of the best Flash episodes.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Supergirl is insanely bad and only had one okay half season and now the same group is making a superman show. It's gonna suck.

Nah. I'm going through the Arrowverse for the first time. Season 1 was solid, season 2 was a lot better. Enjoying season 3 so far as well.

I'd much rather DC's streaming service do a Superman show.

Their streaming service will be dead in 2020.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. If they have Jon and all, this might be really interesting to see.

However, I really hope this doesn't mean WB/DC blames Superman for the whole Man of Steel / BvS era of awfulness.
And I really hope Joker success doesn't mean they gonna lean hard on Batman in the big screen. A Superman film can co-exist just fine with this series.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
What Arrowverse show will this replace?

Could just end up being an additional show. The Canaries is replacing Arrow and as far as we know, nothing else is ending unless Crisis is going to have some sort of surprise series finale for one of the shows.

So it could potentially be seven shows airing during the season, though not all will be full 22/23-episode seasons.

The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Black Lightening
Batwoman
The Canaries
Superman and Lois

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I wonder how Melissa Benoist feels about this.
Honestly I feel the show needs a hard reset. Do it Crisis! Melissa is so great, but, I just can't watch the show, it's the only DC show I can't watch. But she's a pretty awesome person, she's probably really happy about this would be my guess, it's unlikely it's going to effect her show in anyway.

Sep 28, 2018

I'd much rather DC's streaming service do a Superman show.

Which half season was that? I just randomly jumped to Season Four and I'm loving the Agent Liberty storyline. I might go back after and watch the seasons I missed out on, though I'm aware the political themes have been said to be pretty heavy-handed.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman was my jam back in the 90s.
I kinda liked the angle of being heavily Lois-centric

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. If they have Jon and all, this might be really interesting to see.

However, I really hope this doesn't mean WB/DC blames Superman for the whole Man of Steel / BvS era of awfulness.
And I really hope Joker success doesn't mean they gonna lean hard on Batman in the big screen. A Superman film can co-exist just fine with this series.

Fact is Superman on the big screen has been more trouble than he's worth for WB. There's no reason for them to think a new Superman movie would do great and they don't need to with Joker doing well and Reeves' Batman will definitely do well