• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 10, 2018
Watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good. Agree with others that Captain Luthor is probably Alexander. CW alumni train don't stop. The guy they cast for him previously played basically Satan in The Vampire Diaries.

EMBee99

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
This was excellent. Superman's compassion and care is both his strength and weakness - this show really does a great job showing that without being too sappy. Felt very human.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Really solid premiere. Feels like the CW is aiming for a slightly older demo with this one which is nice since I've aged out of the audience they normally program for. Obviously a bit of teenage angst is to be expected but I just don't want them to go full soap.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I love Superman. He''s one of my all-time favorite characters so I'm really happy that i've come around on Tyler as Clark Kent. But JFC I hate these kids. I wish that there was just kid and that he was actually like Jon Lane Kent from the comics. I'll give it another episode or two but I'm not hopeful.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I bet one of the boys will be turned to the dark side and help captain Luthor fight superman and the other boy and in the final episode supes and the good boy will manage to change his mind and they will defeat captain Luthor together . Happy end .

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
So he can breathe in space? and Supergirl can't? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Guess we should expect some of this as the series continues...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm watching the litlte post-show thing and Berlanti himself called it the Arrowverse

I'm not getting the hate for the kids, Jonathan felt really well adjusted and like a great brother - remember he tried to shield Jordan - and Jordan they actually gave a reason for his teen angst in regards to mental health and (literal) alienation

So he can breathe in space? and Supergirl can't? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Guess we should expect some of this as the series continues...
Crisis

The answer to all these continuity issues is Crisis

The same way this show will treat aliens as a secretive hidden thing, while Supergirl will continue to celebrate them in an integrated world while Flash completely ignores they exist and Legends hunts them down as a joke

Alexander Luthor Jr. would be such a good idea because OG Lex fucking hates him too.
I would really enjoy seeing this seemingly serious vengeful Parks' Luthor square off against little comical Cryer Lex

The reviews mentioned we're getting a big reveal regarding 'Captain' Luthor in the second episode so it shouldn't be long before we get an idea of the status quo

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Just started watching it, but the suit doesn't look right. They want him to look buff in the suit so added padding to it, but it's clear when he's out of the suit that he just doesn't have that kind of build. It's fine to have a slim build Superman, like Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh were, so I'm not sure why they went with this approach.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
It wasn't bad , they didn't spare expenses
Feels safe but enjoyable
Not so crazy about Lois
This feels more like a hbo show than cw
Top 4 bottom trope are the angry kids of the secret hero, it's played out hope we move past it quickly

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I didnt mind Cryers Lex. Since he is Earth primes Lex Luthor I wonder what hell do now since he knows Supermans Identity

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well, he knows one Earth's Superman's identity. He didn't actually think his Superman was Clark Kent though. He dismissed the idea as preposterous.
Youre right, I was always thrown off by that line in Crisis, since I didnt know if he knew that every Superman is basically Clark Kent lol.

That entire scene might be the most nonsensical moment in the entire Arrowverse.

Lex literally teleported his Earth's Clark Kent to the Waverider. So he know she was involved with what was happening. And he was visiting an alternate universe version of himself, who was Superman.

... But he wasn't able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that his Clark Kent was also Superman.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That entire scene might be the most nonsensical moment in the entire Arrowverse.

Lex literally teleported his Earth's Clark Kent to the Waverider. So he know she was involved with what was happening. And he was visiting an alternate universe version of himself, who was Superman.

... But he wasn't able to put 2 and 2 together and realize that his Clark Kent was also Superman.

It's absolutely ridiculous. But I also do kind of enjoy the idea that Lex's one and only blind spot is his inability to see the most obvious thing possible because it's TOO OBVIOUS.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's absolutely ridiculous. But I also do kind of enjoy the idea that Lex's one and only blind spot is his inability to see the most obvious thing possible because it's TOO OBVIOUS.

I didn't even realize it when it first aired because everything was happening so fast.

But upon rewatches, I was like, "Wait. Clark was with them. He's right there. Lex knows this. What."

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This was... way better than I ever thought it could be. Admittedly my expectations were low even though I've always loved the casting of Clark and Lois for CW. I just didn't think it would be... so.. heartwarming? Seeing Superman be so human and vulnerable, dealing with such normal problems. I loved it.

Can't believe the big bad of this season is Doomguy though, that twist was wild.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I really liked the pilot but you know I'd like to see Jonathan Kent live long enough in live action again to see Clark grown up, established with his career and Superman, maybe even at least long enough to get married. If I had to choose one thing from Lois and Clark that I appreciated the most I think it'd be that.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got to watch the pilot and just finished it, and it was really good. It's funny, because I'm not the biggest Superman fan, but I remember loving Lois and Clark back when I was a teen (though my mega-crush on Teri Hatcher was certainly a motivating factor in why I watched it), and this show, weirdly enough, made me think of it. Moreso because of the heavy focus on Clark and Lois, as opposed to a heavy focus on Superman.

As 90's goofy as Lois and Clark was, they did do a great job of making Superman incredibly human and likeable. Obviously, budget and VFX were the primary reason why they had to fill the show with other things besides Superman punching stuff, but it worked. Tyler does such a fantastic job as Supes. He was an unconventional choice when I first heard he was cast as Superman way back for Supergirl, but he's consistently managed to nail that "Boy Scout" nature of Superman, without being obnoxious or pretentious. Chris Evans did the same with Captain America, and I'm here for it. His Clark is just so damn likeable. I feel like I don't even need to comment on Lois, because I've loved Elizabeth Tulloch since Grimm (I still need to finish that series, though!), and I think she's great as Lois.

The boys are also well written, and I really like that they seem to be handling Jordan's mental health with consideration and tact. I'm expecting more teen drama angst, as per CW mandate, but I feel like it won't bug me as much in this show so far. Both brothers are distinct, and aren't just carbon copies of Clark, which is going to be a good dynamic for him and Lois going forward, I think.

What surprised me the most about it is how much I was invested in the non-Superman aspects of the story. I think this is a very, very good pilot, especially because so many shows have fairly meh pilots, but this one has me genuinely interested in the next episode, and where the story is ultimately going to go!

I'm just so taken aback by how much I enjoyed the pilot. I didn't expect much from it (neither something super good, or terrible), but am totally onboard this series if they can keep the quality going all season.

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
Finally got around to watching this. Loved it. SFX and cinematography for a CW show were top notch. The writing was solid. Lot's of great easter eggs. Superman is both human and heroic. Lois is both loving and determined. I love the take on Sam Lane, the comics should steal it.

The kids are a "wait and see." I don't hate them though. I feel like they could accomplish the same thing with just one kid. Two might be overkill and there for the sake of CW drama.

Hope they can keep up the production levels and writing. If this devolves in a low-budget mess where "Team Superman" is Lois, Jordan, and Jonathan working out of a barn helping Superman stop a freak of the week... I'll be a sad panda.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh yeah as I've seen mentioned this version of General Lane is much better than the others, good that they Crisis retconned him

him liking Superman and thinking he's necessary but not caring for their relationship is a very good angle. Didn't need another daddy in the dark plot line

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I grew up watching the Fleischer Superman cartoons on VHS repeatedly, and this may be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

21015f36-904f-4d60-bf4fjiz.gif

Great series premiere, and I am here for all the Smallville drama. But it kills me that we will probably never see live action Fleischer Supes again.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I grew up watching the Fleischer Superman cartoons on VHS repeatedly, and this may be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

21015f36-904f-4d60-bf4fjiz.gif

Great series premiere, and I am here for all the Smallville drama. But it kills me that we will probably never see live action Fleischer Supes again.

I'm gonna need an episode where his costume is destroyed and he pulls that one out temporarily.

That shit looked great.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
That opening scene with the Fleischer suit blew up on Twitter. If they didn't have any more flashback scenes or a Winter Soldier type scene where he brings out the old suit planned before, I bet they do after last night.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The boys are also well written, and I really like that they seem to be handling Jordan's mental health with consideration and tact. I'm expecting more teen drama angst, as per CW mandate, but I feel like it won't bug me as much in this show so far. Both brothers are distinct, and aren't just carbon copies of Clark, which is going to be a good dynamic for him and Lois going forward, I think.

I'm really pleasantly surprised that Jordan feels like the "main" of the two boys, rather than Jonathan being the focus while Jordan sits in the background being "weird" like in a lesser show.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking they give one brother super durability, heat vision, freeze breath, flying (Jordan), and the other have super speed, super strength, and super vision (Jonathan). Contrast the powers with their personalities like having Jordan or Jon being careless while the other is more careful with their powers and abilities. Even if it's just Jordan having all the powers of his dad I'm okay with that lol.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I quit the Arrowverse show years ago, only tuning back in last year for Crisis and Arrow's last season. Despite liking Tyler's Superman I wasn't planning to watch this, but all the good impressions here changed my mind and I'm glad. I'm surprised at how good the pilot was, it didn't even look like the CW shows. Stylistically and tonally it feels like a really good midpoint between the Arrowverse and Man of Steel. Even if some the teen angst with Jordan was already starting to chafe a bit, I really like what they've got started here. Definitely in for more.

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing that bothered me was the suit. Clark is a dude in pretty good shape. Then in the suit, he is massive. Its a noticable difference and a distraction and makes his head and neck look small.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the people of Smallville, fucking vampires preying on Martha like that, knowing that she will never say no to them.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the premiere. The brothers are wholesome and I'll be devastated when one of them turns. I busted out laughing when Clark took his glasses off to show them he was Superman and I thought he was going to stop there.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked the premiere. The brothers are wholesome and I'll be devastated when one of them turns. I busted out laughing when Clark took his glasses off to show them he was Superman and I thought he was going to stop there.

One of the animated movies poked fun of the glasses thing with Clark and Diana. I forgot which one it was but it was pretty funny how glasses can entirely change how a person's face can look.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the episode.
Pretty decent, but I feel like the teenage angst will easily drag the show down if that is something that will linger for the entire show or season.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a pilot and they probably sank a good amount of extra cash into it, but that didn't feel like a CW production. Even the first episodes of other Arrowverse shows didn't have such high quality VFX and cinematography. I wish it were able to continue the entire show but I'm sure we'll be back to the usual two sets and a Vancouver street approach soon enough. Still, a distinct start with its own look and feel, and a clean cut cast (something say Batwoman severely lacked and frankly still lacks). I notice it's only 15 episodes like Legends, hopefully that lets them allot more budget per episode.

I thought he was going to say something like they hadn't REALLY seen Superman, like there's just some intangible aura when he's in Superman mode that's absent when he's just Clark, but they just went with the glasses.