• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
It's right under the 'Episodes' section of the OP. ;)

(15 though! It was originally scheduled for 13 but The CW recently ordered two extras.)
I read the OP but must have stopped reading after the synopsis area. Thanks.

Not sure how I feel about that. My first reaction is "why," since more episodes means less budget on each episode and usually less structure to its plot. Watching stuff like Wandavision makes me wish we got a similar quality in our DC shows.

To me, about 10 episodes is a perfect length for a season. But we'll see. I'm hopeful it will be a halfway decent show, at least worthy to give a watch as a big Superman fan.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I found Hoechlin a bit wooden in Supergirl. He was a perfect Superman in that show precisely because his portrayal didn't steal the limelight. I'm not sure how I'll feel about him in this. At the same time, if the writers nail it, and if he's allowed to open up a little more as a performer, I'm excited to see him do his thing.

Regardless, the real reason to be hype for this is Tulloch's Lois. Absolutely perfect in Supergirl, and I always wanted more; especially after the anemic Snyderverse Lois. Can't wait.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I found Hoechlin a bit wooden in Supergirl. He was a perfect Superman in that show precisely because his portrayal didn't steal the limelight. I'm not sure how I'll feel about him in this. At the same time, if the writers nail it, and if he's allowed to open up a little more as a performer, I'm excited to see him do his thing.

Regardless, the real reason to be hype for this is Tulloch's Lois. Absolutely perfect in Supergirl, and I always wanted more; especially after the anemic Snyderverse Lois. Can't wait.

Tulloch is fantastic.

I'm excited about Hoechilin though, especially after the Elseworlds crossover where he was able to show more range.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Im interested in this for sure since you know we finally have supes in the arrowverse. That and Ive been watching through Smallville for the first time so been wanting more Superman content. I doubt it will but I wonder if we will have any Bruce refrences since after crisis they were friends in the earth prime timeline now lol. I think having him and Batman as the original heroes in the timeline works for the arrowverse.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
The only reservation I have about Hoechlin is his Superman stayed getting bodied. Hopefully that trend stays tied to the episodes he appeared in.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Nope. He's a major character in Supergirl at the moment and will continue to be when her series returns in a few months.
Guess that when she heads off with Mon-El into the future to help the Legion (my prediction for how the series will end), Lex will get bored and go back to Metropolis or Smallville to bug Clark, lol.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I mainly hate the teens because they look like CW actors. I guess I'm just sick of the CW schtick, though. It's probably just a me problem.

I much would have preferred a young ~10-year-old Jon Kent with no teen drama.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
My only hope is they don't cw drama the hell out of the teenagers.

LOL who am I kidding

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Somehow YouTube TV doesn't have the CW of all channels, at least for me. On demand it is, I guess

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Watch out Clark she is a Hexenbeast, you are weak to magic.

*Slayven makes a joke no one else will get*

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
OH MY GOD THE RETRO SUIT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE ONE HE'LL BE WEARING NORMALLY

FUCK

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing good ever happens with Sam Lane involved.

Nice nod to the Jimmy Olsen signal watch

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
This one scene probably had a higher budget than an entire season of Supergirl lol

Show is good so far.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the radioactive steam that is going into the next rain shower