• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the one in spider-man PS4 :(

tumblr_inline_p8646qfLZo1sjmkcf_500.jpg

Going from the above, kick ass and practical to:

batgirl-new-costume.jpeg

??? Also bat ears poking out the hair?

I don't actually follow comics much at all, so if the above costume order is wrong I blame google for lying to me.

They're finally fixing this one:

Batgirl-DC-Comics.jpg

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
My favorite Beast is non- furry. Xmen has plenty of blue people, and I think he looks awesome with giant gorilla hands and feet. But the blue and furry version is too iconic, nostalgic for 90s kids, etc, and artists love to give their "take" on it.

Back in the Xfactor days they made him lose the fur for a bit, I was thrilled. And then they gave him a frickin BROWN costume. Wolvie can pull brown off, Beast not so much.

images

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not going to say it infuriates me, but Grunge Hercules always looked odd.

242823-135682-hercules.jpg

Also there's this cursed image right here.

2189232-hercules___clean_shaven_w_thor_80_s_togs_panel_color_lrg.jpg

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe they still have Hawkeye running around in a t-shirt. That worked in Matt Fractions run but he should be back in his blue/purple suit now.
clean.jpg
19772b890d09813b019ef6d1834b1227.png

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Ooh boy here we go.

Black Panther's suit in his standalone movie (as well as Infinity War/Endgame) is absolute trash. Took what is easily one of the top 5 best looking superhero suits ever put to film and turned it into this flat, goofy looking mess.

Civil War suit. Incredible looking, absolute King shit.

black-panther-is-confirmed-for-avengers-infinity-war.jpg

1527060307-black-panther.jpg

file-20180313-30975-lnv556.jpg

tmp_V2ybJJ_ddcbfdd5ee0e211a_MCDBLPA_EC091.jpg

Now look at his suit from Black Panther onwards.
those-purple-lines-across-the-new-suit-serve-a-special-purpose.jpeg

bbdd462b08f3b95d51461ed191bb24b9eccd112f.jpg

Black-Panther-Tchalla-New-Suit-Busan.jpg

black-panther-avengers-infinity-war

MLU-17652_R_crop

Awful. Mask is terrible. The bare, flat chest draws attention to his massive clawed hands. The whole suit looks more like cosplay than a million dollar production. Hate it, absolutely hate it. Couldn't believe they'd throw away such a god damn good looking suit for this. (I'm also a sucker for a proper helmet, but I get it just make things easier for them to have a 'magic' nano helmet.)

Shout out to T'Chaka's suit as well, another spectacular suit. (Although this is the Hot Toys model).

marvel-black-panther-tchaka-sixth-scale-figure-hot-toys-feature--1120491.jpeg
I am so mad about that Black Panther suit. It sits goofily on him, this bulky mask, the awkward big paws, the fact you see his eyes. Terrible.

Last edited:

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Ooh boy here we go.

Black Panther's suit in his standalone movie (as well as Infinity War/Endgame) is absolute trash. Took what is easily one of the top 5 best looking superhero suits ever put to film and turned it into this flat, goofy looking mess.

MLU-17652_R_crop

Awful. Mask is terrible. The bare, flat chest draws attention to his massive clawed hands. The whole suit looks more like cosplay than a million dollar production. Hate it, absolutely hate it. Couldn't believe they'd throw away such a god damn good looking suit for this. (I'm also a sucker for a proper helmet, but I get it just make things easier for them to have a 'magic' nano helmet.)

Shout out to T'Chaka's suit as well, another spectacular suit. (Although this is the Hot Toys model).

No lies detected.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I mean this politely but man bendis should fuck off, he's ruining dc and they keep giving him more books storylines and characters to ruin , everything is a big meh so far

Superman and Batman getting the shirts back not because it looks bad but because they had perfected the modern Redesign and it was symbolic of everything wrong with DC , harping about something no one cared for because honestly the no underwear redesigns had found perfection

Fuck yes, preach it. I can't stand that they went back to the shorts/trunks for Batman/Superman. The modern redesign without looked fantastic for both.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
batman-beyond-essential-episodes.png

Why do you have a mouth?!
Because otherwise you get very little expressivity or animation from the character. Sometimes the eyes widen or slope the other way when he's like "OH NO", but he's not very physically gestural. Oftentimes he's talking to Bruce over comms, so on-screen, all we would see is a static-faced Batman as two disembodied voices speak. Otherwise, you're cutting every time someone talks to make it clear to your young viewership who is talking. Then you can see him grit his teeth when he's pissed, see him smirk when he's being glib, etc.

There is a reason Iron Man in the MCU developed the face cam of Tony. Because when visually testing the character, kids weren't sure if Iron Man was just a robot or something. That head shot of Tony in the suit is unequivocally the most important thing that makes Iron Man work as an on-screen character.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
God I hate Zipzap's name and look so bad. It is like they got to him and gave up
stranger%2Bcover.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
This actually doesn't look half bad, it's when we see the light blue/silver more clearly that it truly looks awful.

kamala_new_suit_revision.jpg

Honestly I really like the update to the silhouette of her dress/tunic, and this could possibly work if they fixed the colors, ditched the random lines, and kept the original mask.

One of the more personally infuriating designs because while most the design on a functional level looks ok (subjective assessment about colour combinations and designs within the fabric notwithstanding), that stupid asymmetric and tightly worn skirt just shits on aforementioned functionality. You do a squat in that you are not going to be looking like that when you stand up.

Ugh..

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure that is Jen?
Going by the press release, it is Jen

"World War She-Hulk, the upcoming arc in Jason Aaron and Javier Garrón's action-packed run on Avengers will continue into September with Avengers #48!" reads Marvel's announcement of this turn of events in Avengers #48. "This explosive new arc will see She-Hulk facing off against Red Guardian and the Russian Winter Guard, who are tasked with bringing Jen to justice. After being taken prisoner and sent to the notorious assassin-training academy known as the Red Room, She-Hulk will be transformed into something terrifying and the Winter Hulk will be unleashed upon the world.

www.gamesradar.com

She-Hulk + Winter Soldier = Winter Hulk, coming this winter from Marvel Comics

Another Marvel mash-up in Avengers #48

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
All the modern Batman Beyond designs where he looks like a robot or is super buff. God they're terrible.

dhE55sNRdLF6dJNqbULdGC0jnaVJ0oIhMGBeIQo9ftw.jpg
I've always liked this design as it's own modern interpretation of the Beyond suit. I get it's overly designed and detailed compared to the simple nature of the original but there's something cool about it with the wings attached.

It's honestly probably close to what we would get if we ever got a live action Beyond suit. I don't think they would ever give us the really super simple design of the original.

hbpIykM.jpg

rJOn5FM.jpg

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As far as a live action/realistic Beyond suit goes, they should just cover his mouth. Even that armored one posted above has the odd black mouth, rather than just having a black mask covering it too. Trying to give it a realistic design while keeping the visible mouth just doesn't work.

Even in the cartoon the mouth could be hidden at times.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Batman Beyond will always be a tough job. It's supposed to be a SLEEK look, bulking it up with armor entirely defeats the purpose.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've always like this as it's own modern version of the Beyond suit. I get it's overly designed and detailed compared to the simple nature of the original but there's something cool about it with the wings attached.

It's honestly probably close to what we would get if we ever got a live action Beyond suit. I don't think they would ever give us the really super simple design of the original.

hbpIykM.jpg

rJOn5FM.jpg
Why didn't they make the wings red? C'mon now.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
Ooh boy here we go.

MLU-17652_R_crop

1000% spot on with this. I swear to god when Black Panther releases in the avengers game and they inevitably release an MCU skin for him and it's not the Civil War one ima be pissed.

Oct 25, 2017
I've always like this as it's own modern version of the Beyond suit. I get it's overly designed and detailed compared to the simple nature of the original but there's something cool about it with the wings attached.

hbpIykM.jpg

rJOn5FM.jpg
I feel like Beyond would be the case for either a Spiderman like suit or BvS suit material without the huge muscle suit.

Spiderman style suit would seem silly in a standard Batman adaptation but Batman Beyond you can show the nanotech inside and it works.

I could see one basically made up of something like the blue material areas on Raimi Spiderman
99742c59a3900da6819de0c08cfe1a18.jpg

Last edited:

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Ooh boy here we go.

MLU-17652_R_crop

Omg this so true. The Civil War suit is perfection and the Black Panther suit is a travesty, to the point where it really lessens my enjoyment of the character.