• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Sue Storm's 90's costume was.. a choice.

8162bb7634aa483ff78bbd31bcf7013f.jpg

I guess the colorist got distracted in the fifth panel.
Nudity is power, don't you know.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Every one of those Taskmaster "dorks" looks better design wise than the original posted on the comic.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Alan Scott's Lantern-ish costume:

GysyRWE.jpg

On a somewhat related note, always HATED how Marvel would keep briefly giving Sunfire his superior Age of Apocalypse design in the main universe, but undo the change a few issues/months later.
B-Dubs I am sending this straight to review, this is picture offends me on an atomic level

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
This broke my heart, i could no longer read Superboy due to it
main-qimg-2c18c0c61f3986372d76a601d3f28851

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
I can't believe how quickly the fucked up one of the best new comic characters of the past 10 years.
Completely agree.

Costume looks fine to me
I suppose if you're into over-designed messes with lines everywhere. But my point isn't so much the costume change, but how much they changed the character overall. He went from a fun Superboy to a boring Superman Jr. overnight, which I believe to be a big mistake. DC doesn't understand why this character worked and was so popular.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
MCU taskmaster might be the worst of the bunch, might not even be Tony Masters too seeing how their identity is a secret. Spiderman design is cool and also the Avengers one but the MCU one just feels like mini boss enemy.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
latest

Pictured: a bunch of dorks who play real world simulation war games dressed up in costumes they don't tell anyone cost as much as they did.

I liked the one in spider-man PS4 :(

tumblr_inline_p8646qfLZo1sjmkcf_500.jpg

Going from the above, kick ass and practical to:

batgirl-new-costume.jpeg

??? Also bat ears poking out the hair?

I don't actually follow comics much at all, so if the above costume order is wrong I blame google for lying to me.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
captain_america__avengers_1__transparent_by_davidbksandrade_da1tqsf-fullview.png

I really don't care if there's some lore reason as to why he looks like such a fucking dork. But the first Avengers CA costume was and still is *the* worst superhero costume ever put on screen. And it makes it 100x worse knowing that it follows up a great suit from the first movie. Joss Fucking Whedon, man.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So while it doesn't infuriate me, it disappointments me that Marvel essentially has no idea what to do with She Hulk, discounting her legal history and natural intelligence as "tread ground", so they just make her a brute that's inferior to all the other hulks, as well as her former self. Every redesign she's had over the past 2 years just sinks her in a deeper hole of project managers not knowing what to do with her and using her as a Hulk stand in until the Hulk inevitably returns, and then she's cast out and redesigned AGAIN.

screenshot_20210505-1jska9.jpg

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
The costumes definitely suck, but everything is made even worse by the "just learning to colour drawings in Photoshop in 1998" look.

A lot of comics from the 90s-early 2000s would look infinitely better if they were recoloured nowadays. Marvel's reprints of Miracleman are the best example of that.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Pictured: a bunch of dorks who play real world simulation war games dressed up in costumes they don't tell anyone cost as much as they did.

But that's the grand comedy of Taskmaster right? His battle intellect aside, he's a huge dork who plays real world simulation war games dressed up as someone from a Ren Faire, rather than someone dressed up for a paintball league. He's a big silly idiot who's REALLY good at fighting and copying people's moves.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
captain_america__avengers_1__transparent_by_davidbksandrade_da1tqsf-fullview.png

I really don't care if there's some lore reason as to why he looks like such a fucking dork. But the first Avengers CA costume was and still is *the* worst superhero costume ever put on screen. And it makes it 100x worse knowing that it follows up a great suit from the first movie. Joss Fucking Whedon, man.

It's been said a million times, but it's really just the helmet that's the problem. The rest works and sells what they were trying to do. Scenes where he isn't wearing the helmet are great.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the grand comedy of Taskmaster right? His battle intellect aside, he's a huge dork who plays real world simulation war games dressed up as someone from a Ren Faire, rather than someone dressed up for a paintball league. He's a big silly idiot who's REALLY good at fighting and copying people's moves.
Fun fact, on his off days he just eats junk food and listen to pop music cds.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been said a million times, but it's really just the helmet that's the problem. The rest works and sells what they were trying to do. Scenes where he isn't wearing the helmet are great.
I think he looks fine even with the helmet. He looks like fucking Captain America.

Also asymmetrical zippers rule.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Wonder Woman's New 52-inspired looks are not bad at all, but I'm glad they mostly retired the muted blue-and-silver color scheme. She's clearly defined by her gold colors.
hd2y6wU.jpg

kfy77Ps.jpg

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Alan Scott's Lantern-ish costume:

GysyRWE.jpg

On a somewhat related note, always HATED how Marvel would keep briefly giving Sunfire his superior Age of Apocalypse design in the main universe, but undo the change a few issues/months later.

It's this or Zero Hour Fate.

I like the Batgirl of Burnside costume but it might as well be a completely different character. I still don't understand where that came from.

Also Speedball to Penance.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Udon Tasky looks different but it's still the same guy underneath, Deadpool's best Frenemy.
The others are just husks.
Also, please don't badmouth Hank McCoy, he got friend zoned by Jean.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Any batsuit that is overly 'armour' looking. The one from TDK is borderline, but once you get to stuff like Arkham knight he might as well just be iron man. Batman should be grounded. There's a vast gulf between adam wests spandex and making him look like robocop. My favourite is that first one affleck wore. It's clearly protective gear but it is still obviously a bat suit.

The one that make me boil over with rage is the mcu spider-man suits. They are all terrible. Spider-man has probably the most iconic and classic look in all of marvel comics. They got it like 99% perfect in the first shot and the most traditional look for spider-man actually is LESS complicated than the initial look because it loses the web cape.

Naturally the MCU requires it to be covered in chevrons and panels and black stripey shit for no reason. The iron spider suit is even worse. They take the utterly gorgeous Iron spider suit from the comics with the red and gold colour scheme that would work EVEN better with MCU spider-man essentially being iron man Jr.....and turn it into an over-complicated mess.

OP
OP
Weiss

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The thing with Tasky is that he isn't really just a Merc, he's one in a superhero fantasy universe. He needs to look outrageous to sell his low rent, amoral beliefs in a way that works for him. Dressing him up in armour just makes him look like a sincere badass cool dude, and Taskmaster is anything but.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Say it another million times, it'll still be wrong. Terrible costume all around 🤷🏻‍♂️

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017

This....I don't know how to describe this. What's wrong with Cap's chest/waist/chest muscles? Why the little wings? It's like the Superhero Serum completely messed up Cap's costume and him during his time being frozen.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the one in spider-man PS4 :(

tumblr_inline_p8646qfLZo1sjmkcf_500.jpg

Going from the above, kick ass and practical to:

batgirl-new-costume.jpeg

??? Also bat ears poking out the hair?

I don't actually follow comics much at all, so if the above costume order is wrong I blame google for lying to me.
That reminds me of how it probably inspired Spider-Woman's redesign:
tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280-640x310.jpg

Which was also reverted into a worse version of the classic costume: