• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

In a vulnerable, 14-minute Instagram video, #Supergirl star Melissa Benoist spoke out about domestic violence after what she describes as months of domestic abuse: "I am a survivor of domestic violence, or IPV, intimate partner violence" thr.cm/lfQfyo

Watching the video is heart breaking. It appears she's talking about her ex husband, Blake Jenner. He should be in jail for what he did.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is horrifying. They need to bring Jenner in and investigate this shit. Poor Melissa. :(

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is good she dares to speak out as hopefully it makes people listen. If it is Jenner - and the statements sure do point that way - it does put a lot of scenes in Glee and Supergirl in a much more painful perspective. The described behavior does appear there in hindsight.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting, I hope her new husband treats her properly. Some real sick people in this world

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's terrible that she had to go through that. That she had the strength to come forward with this... She really is strong.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Must be the leaked pictures guy, wasn't he a photographer or something?
Her new husband seems like a genuine nice guy, and sticking by her on this shows it.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that she had to lie to everyone and say that the eye injury was just her being a klutz must have been hard.

I hope at least Chris Wood treats her nice. Their chemistry seems genuine whenever they're on screen together.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Must be the leaked pictures guy, wasn't he a photographer or something?
Her new husband seems like a genuine nice guy, and sticking by her on this shows it.

nah she mentioned in the video its someone who's younger than her. only other guy that would be is Blake Jenner.

the photographer is older than her.

and the eye injury happened during the time both her and Blake were married.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Screw that guy to hell. Glad Melissa could get out of that situation.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Good on her for sharing this. I'll watch this later
Read some description: Goord lord, fuck Blake Jenner honestly. He should be in jail for what he did

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, what a piece of shit he is.

She is ace, stands up for a lot of good things. Must be hard to do this after all this time. The description is horrifying.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Fuck this is sad, but thankfully she's free now. What a nightmare that must've been.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Man, that video is rough. I really hope her current husband treats her with the love and respect she deserves.

Genuinely horrific to watch this knowing the truth.

Indeed. Fucking chilling. And she literally said the same thing on camera that the abuser told her as a "joke" at the hospital, after the incident ("like Squirt, from Finding Nemo.")

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
It is good she dares to speak out as hopefully it makes people listen. If it is Jenner - and the statements sure do point that way - it does put a lot of scenes in Glee and Supergirl in a much more painful perspective. The described behavior does appear there in hindsight.

Not that it is important given the severity of this situation, but Glee is essentially unwatchable for me now. You've got one star that died of a drug OD, a pedophile that committed suicide, and (now) two people that physically abused their spouses. It's just horrific.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
What a piece of shit loser that guy is. My heart goes out to Melissa, Her courage is inspiring

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
goddamn this dude treated her his personal pin cushion whenever he was in a power trip...what a vile piece of fuckin shit. I hope he lands in jail and stays there forever

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I honestly don't have the stomach to watch this right now. I did read the article and i'll say that it's so incredibly brave for any survivor to share their story. Thankfully she seems to be away from this monster and in a better place.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
He can be arrested for this right? Even if she didn't name drop him, we all know its Blake Jenner

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
"I learned what it felt like to be pinned down and slapped repeatedly, punched so hard I felt the wind go out of me, dragged by my hair across pavement, head-butted, pinched until my skin broke, slammed against he wall so hard the drywall broke, choked," she said.
The amount of abuses she'd received is deeply upsetting.
At least she feels safe enough now to speak about it.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It's Blake Jenner they were dating right before she became supergirl

I know. Just independent of that, I hopeChris is someone she can really be happy with.

Not that it is important given the severity of this situation, but Glee is essentially unwatchable for me now. You've got one star that died of a drug OD, a pedophile that committed suicide, and (now) two people that physically abused their spouses. It's just horrific.
Indeed. So many shitty people starred on that show.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Not that I didn't think it would be, but damn that was tough to get through. Knowing that this happens so frequently is some super upsetting shit.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
EzIgLtX.jpg

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Saw the entire video and Wow, just wow.

I am glad that she survived, that she had an ensuing support structure and finally leveraged social media for one of the things it is good for- spreading awareness and speaking truth to power.

I don't know what the statute of limitation is on domestic physical abuse but that degenerate needs to be jailed or at the very least be absolutely ostracized from entertainment industry.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Blake Jenner always had a sociopath's creepy eyes to me. Like Terry O'Quinn in The Stepfather, except with a black hole of charisma.