• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hades_MajorUpdate_Jan2020_B.png

PATCH NOTES:
Early Access Patch 036: The LONG WINTER Update - January 21, 2020

We wanted to start the year off with a bang with this Major Update! It features a new Olympian, a new weapon variant, new activities, more story, and many other improvements. We plan to follow up with a couple of smaller patches while keeping a close eye on your feedback. Thank you very much for playing!

Highlights

Demeter: the Goddess of Seasons brings winter to the Underworld! Seek out her powerful Boons
Rod of Fishing: capture (& sell!!) Underworld river denizens with this new House Contractor item
Aspect of Guan Yu: earn this unique new Aspect of the Eternal Spear , and vanquish your foes!
Underworld Decor Galore: scores of new items are available at the newly renovated House Contractor!
New Legendary Keepsake: forge an unbreakable bond with Dusa, and summon her to petrify your foes
Boon Info & Victory Screen Update: pin multiple Boons onscreen for easy reference and sharing
New Daedalus Hammer Upgrades: look for multiple new upgrades for each weapon
New Story Events: uncover new secrets in hours of added narrative (with more than 1,000 new voice lines)

General Gameplay

• Increased prices of Boons sold by Charon
• Increased price of Daedalus Hammer sold by Charon
• Increased price of augmented Boons and Poms sold by Charon in the Temple of Styx
• Slightly reduced healing from tasty-looking Health Drops
• Reduced healing from Fountain Chambers; however, new House Contractor upgrades can increase it
• You may now encounter fishing points in various chambers, once you have the Rod of Fishing. Deliver your stock to the Head Chef in the House (who will take very good care of them)

Infernal Arms, Aspects, & Abilities

📢 Stygian Blade (Zagreus): now also increases Dash distance
Eternal Spear (Guan Yu): newly added! Seek Achilles to learn more (once you have several Aspects)
📢 Eternal Spear (Zagreus): now increases Attack damage and Dash-Strike damage
Shield of Chaos: slightly increased Bull Rush charge up time; slightly reduced Bull Rush damage
Shield of Chaos (Zagreus): reduced damage resistance
Shield of Chaos (Zeus): increased damage of Throw special
Shield of Chaos (Chaos): now throws additional Shields in a radial pattern
Adamant Rail: no longer briefly slows foes on-hit

Boons & Blessings

Demeter: newly added! Seek out 11 new Boons and 4 new Duo Boons
Billowing Strength (Zeus): reduced power level; increased effect duration
Zeus' Aid: reduced power scaling from improved rarity
Scintillating Feast (Zeus x Dionysus): reduced damage
Divine Dash (Athena): slightly reduced Deflect duration
Athena's Aid: increased God Gauge cost and effect duration (it cannot be used quite as often)
Merciful End (Athena x Ares): reduced damage; reduced appearance rate
Spent Spirit (Athena x Aphrodite): reduced slow effect on foes' projectiles
• Reduced power level of Aphrodite's Weak Status Curse
Broken Resolve (Aphrodite): newly added! Improves potency of Weak Status Curse
📢 Passion Dash (Aphrodite): now affects foes near your dash destination (rather than at the starting point)
Crush Shot (Aphrodite): formerly Shatter Shot; updated effect
Curse of Pain (Ares): slightly reduced damage
Battle Rage (Ares): adjusted scaling from rarity and Poms (overall power level should be similar)
Ares' Aid: reduced damage; increased move speed
Hunting Blades (Ares x Artemis): reduced speed; reduced tracking
Deadly Strike (Artemis): reduced Critical chance; increased damage to compensate
Support Fire (Artemis): reduced damage
Nasty Dash (Dionysus): now deals several instances of damage and Hangover (formerly called Poison)
Second Wind (Hermes): increased effect duration; increased power scaling from improved rarity
Passing Through (Hermes): cut from game (Demeter is the new curator of slowing effects)
Relative Speed (Hermes): cut from game, same reason
Quick Reload (Hermes): now offered by Hermes (donated by Artemis, who felt sorry for him)
Slothful (Chaos): reduced how badly this curse can impair your move speed
📢 Defiance (Chaos): increased appearance rate
• Reduced power level of Chaos blessing effects at higher rarity

Daedalus Hammer Upgrades

Cursed Slash (Blade): newly added! Restores health on-hit, but your life total is heavily reduced
Shadow Slash (Blade): newly added! Deals bonus damage when striking foes in the back
Serrated Edge (Spear): newly added! Your Dash-Strike hits multiple times but your Dash is shorter
📢 Charged Skewer (Spear): newly added! Press and hold to power up your Skewer special
Quick Spin (Spear): no longer quite as quick
📢 Charged Throw (Shield): newly added! Press and hold to power up your Throw special
World Smasher (Shield): newly added! Your Bull Rush is replaced with a powerful up-close strike
Chain Shot (Bow): newly added! Your attack bounces between targets, dealing bonus damage
📢 Charged Volley (Bow): newly added! Press and hold to power up your Volley special
Cluster Bomb (Rail): newly added! Your Bombard special fires a spread of 5 smaller bombs
Hazard Bomb (Rail): newly added! Your Bombard special fires a big bomb that blasts the area around you, but can damage you ("Have you tried not standing there when it blows up?" --Hypnos)
Delta Chamber (Rail): formerly Infinity Chamber ; now also fires in a 3-round burst
Explosive Fire (Rail): cut from game

Foes & Encounters

• Introduction to Olympian Aid now gives you some God Gauge to use Poseidon's Call
📢 Thanatos: should show up more frequently (once you encounter him for the first time in Elysium)
📢 After the other Fury Sisters show up, it is no longer possible to randomly avoid one indefinitely
📢 Alecto: reworked her Rage Gauge (you can knock her out of her rage-building move, but watch out)
Skullomat: Elite is more powerful; reduced appearance rate in Asphodel
Burn-Flinger: Elite attack pattern adjusted
Wave-Fist: non-Elite throws one wave at a time (rather than two); adjusted Elite attack
📢 Reduced number of foes on the Asphodel Barge of Death under Middle Management (Pact)
📢 Bone Hydra: reworked aspects of this encounter to be faster though deadlier to compensate; one fewer phase; removed urns containing health (the Hydra finally realized they were there and ate them)
📢 Elysian Arrow Trap: attack now dissipates as soon as combat is over
📢 Flame Wheels: reduced health and Elite armor
📢 Nemean Chariot: no longer can hit multiple times in one charge
📢 Exalted Greatshield: appearance rate reduced; non-Elite no longer has a spin attack; reduced rotation and increased vulnerability times
Soul Catcher (Elite): now more aggressive under the effects of Middle Management (Pact)
📢 The Minotaur: no longer gains brief invulnerability when low on health in the battle with Theseus
• Increased damage rate of Poison effects in the Temple of Styx
📢 Final Boss: various changes to attack patterns; resolved issues where cover sometimes did not work reliably against ranged attacks

Keepsakes & Items

Companion Fidi (Dusa): newly added Legendary Keepsake! Summons Dusa to petrify your foes
Companion Mort (Thanatos): increased effect radius; increased damage; reduced pre-attack time
📢 Companion Shady (Sisyphus): dropped goodies no longer block foes' movement
Companion Battie (Megaera): increased damage
Frostbitten Horn (Demeter): newly added! Raises chance to find Demeter Boons with improved rarity
Broken Spearpoint (Patroclus): now has a cooldown between uses; slightly increased effect duration
Evergreen Acorn (Eurydice): reduced instances of damage absorption
Myrmidon Bracer (Achilles): reduced damage reduction at higher ranks
Chthonic Coin Purse (Hypnos): reduced bonus money at higher ranks
HydraLite (Well): reduced healing

House Contractor

📢 Screen now shows all available options by category (instead of a random set of just three)
📢 Screen now shows which items you have purchased, and lets you toggle some decorative items
• Added many new decorative items to the House Contractor inventory (some with light interactions)
• Added renovations that improve health recovery from Fountain Chambers
📢 Reduced costs for many items for this grand reopening

Fated List of Minor Prophecies

Goddess of Seasons: newly added!
A Place of Revelry: newly added!
The Fated Saint of War: newly added!
The Gift of Song: newly added!
• Updated requirements to fulfill several Prophecies (this won't affect you if you've already fulfilled them)
📢 Increased rewards for Daedalus Hammer and Olympian Prophecies

Pact of Punishment

Heightened Security: reduced to a single rank
📢 No Choice: increased Heat
📢 Hard Labor: re-scaled to 5 ranks
📢 Tight Deadline: timer pauses in non-combat chambers with characters such as Sisyphus

Level Design & Environments

• Added one new chamber to Tartarus
• Added two new chambers to Elysium
• The first chamber in Asphodel now offers more picturesque views...
• Updated layout of Megaera's chamber to have fewer places to hide
• Updated look of Bone Hydra's chamber
• Updated layout of Final Boss's chamber
• Minor changes to layouts of some chambers to helpfully accommodate the Rod of Fishing
• Minor changes to layout in the House of Hades
• Other minor fixes and improvements to various chambers

Art & Visual FX

• Updated main menu based on new Major Update
Lord Hades can now be seen toiling away in the House
House Contractor has a new look in the House
• Added many new optional decorative items to the House of Hades
• Added many new visual effects for Demeter Boons
• Added new art, visual effects, and animations for the Eternal Spear's Aspect of Guan Yu
• Updated various animations for Exalted Shades in Elysium
• Added a couple of portrait variants for Dusa
• Updated visual effect for Crush Shot (Aphrodite)
📢 Reduced visual effects of poison in the Temple of Styx (making it easier to find curing pools)
📢 Reduced visual effects of Zeus' Aid (making it easier to see what's going on)
• Updated texture and Codex portrait for Wretched Thug
• Other minor visual changes, fixes, and improvements

Menus & UI

Boon Info Screen: updated layout shows Mirror and Pact setup; you now can 'pin' Boons for comparison
Victory Screen: as above; also added various text Commendations based on your performance
• Added graphical icons for each Mirror of Night Upgrade
• Added graphical icons for each Pact of Punishment Condition
• Version number watermark and current Heat switched screen positions as part of these changes
• Songs are now subtitled
• Slightly reduced size of critical damage numbers
📢 Gamepad shoulder buttons now page through the House Contractor and Fated List
• Improved look of choice selection in narrative events
• Other minor fixes, changes, and improvements

Music & SFX

• Added new sound effects for Demeter and her Boons
• Added new sound effects and emotes for Eternal Spear's Aspect of Guan Yu
• Added new sound effect when Zagreus is stunned
• Added new sounds for other miscellaneous contexts
• Added equip sounds for the two new Keepsakes
• Other minor changes, fixes, and mix improvements

Voice & Narrative

• Added many narrative events (with Demeter, Dusa, Achilles, Hades, Aphrodite, the Storyteller, and more)
• Added narrative events around the Eternal Spear's Aspect of Guan Yu
• Added many new Zagreus voice events for contexts such as House Contractor and the Rod of Fishing
📢 Zagreus has more to say to the Bone Hydra and certain other monsters and shades
• Extended Affinity Gauge for Dusa (you can give her more gifts)
• Updated Codex entry for Dusa
• Added Codex entry for Demeter
📢 Primordial Chaos now responds to certain interactions in their realm
📢 In the 'Trial of the Gods', you now hear from the god you choose
• Updated requirements and other minor changes to various narrative events
• Fixes and tuning to various contextual voice events

Miscellaneous

• Added new localized text for some content (note: translation still pending for much of the newer content)
• Updated Development Roadmap to reflect our plans for our next Major Update in March, and beyond
📢 Orpheus: due to the House Contractor redesign, the item to release him can be found more reliably
📢 Most characters impervious to your attacks no longer knock you back when struck
• You need a bit more Darkness now before Nyx upgrades the Mirror with the ability to refund it
📢 Gameplay Timer pauses in non-combat chambers with characters such as Sisyphus
• 'New!' tags on Prophecies in the Fated List clear on selection (rather than after closing the List)
• Credits: Demeter (Laila Berzins) added to voice cast; added new Community Beta Testers (Thank you!!)
• Text: Renamed various Dionysus Boons and effects to be more in-theme with his lifestyle choices
• Minor changes to presentation when the Minotaur leaves his chamber
• Adjusted behavior of mouse-and-keyboard controls while the default 'Attack at Cursor' is disabled
• Zagreus now will always enter chambers at a standard speed (such as when his speed is reduced by Chaos)
• Various text fixes, updates, and clarifications

Bug Fixes

📢 Fixed various text overflow issues in non-English languages
• Fixed Achilles not telling you about Titan Blood and Ambrosia soon after you first find them
📢 Fixed a rare issue where Death Defiance could cause a permanent slowdown
📢 Fixed Numbing Sensation (Dionysus) having a reduced power level at Heroic rarity
• Fixed Black Out (Dionysus) unintentionally being upgradeable by Eurydice
📢 Fixed Companion Rib (Skelly) causing 'Trial of the Gods' effects to occur unexpectedly
📢 Fixed Infernal Gates blocking the aim preview for the Shield's Bull Rush
• Fixed a key narrative event with Megaera sometimes playing twice unexpectedly
• Fixed narrative scripting around events involving Orpheus and Dionysus , which could become unavailable in some cases
• Fixed Bother foe having incorrect material sounds
📢 Many other minor fixes

Quote of the Patch

The Earth did not send up any seed. Demeter, she with the beautiful garlands in her hair, kept them covered underground. Many a curved plough was dragged along the fields by many an ox—all in vain.
~Homeric Hymn to Demeter (Anonymous; G. Nagy translation)

Play this game. It might just be Supergiant's best.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I bought this two weeks ago and played a little bit of it but it didn't really hook me yet, combat in the start seemed pretty basic with a lot of dashing.

When does does it pop off?

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely my favorite game from them and it keeps getting better.

I am someone extremely hesitant to play early access games but Hades feels so feature rich and narratively rewarding. The best thing that they do is give you voice lines and narrative explanations for the things that aren't implemented yet.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this doesn't count as port begging (since I think they've confirmed it's coming to platforms other than pc), but I can't wait for this to be released on PS4/Switch. Really love Supergiant games and this looks swell

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I bought this two weeks ago and played a little bit of it but it didn't really hook me yet, combat in the start seemed pretty basic with a lot of dashing.

When does does it pop off?

A lot of the other weapons you can get are more interesting at the start than the basic sword. They keep layering in new incentives and upgrades and challenges as you go through, for a really long time. I've done 50 runs and am still encountering new things.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
A lot of the other weapons you can get are more interesting at the start than the basic sword. They keep layering in new incentives and upgrades and challenges as you go through, for a really long time. I've done 50 runs and am still encountering new things.

Ah, that sounds exciting. I should make some room this weekend to really dig in to it.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm perhaps most curious on the continual 'adding' of story features into the game.

For someone who's not really gone through and seen 'everything' in previous updates, but rather, played somewhat sporadically, how does this new 'story' work in an existing playthrough? Does it incorporate over time? Does it just 'add' the new stuff in what essentially is a 'queue' for the drip-feed?

I've unlocked enough stuff progress-wise (in terms of the game being a rogue-lite) that I don't necessarily want to start a new playthrough (and assume others don't necessarily want to either), but I've not seen any real specifics on it.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Can't say it often enough how great this game is. Can't stand roguelikes usually, but Hades is easily one of the best indie games I have played this gen <3

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Nah you'll get my money when its done, I don't touch EA games with a fucking barge pole. Coming along nicely though I will admit.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Definitely my favorite game from them and it keeps getting better.
Can't say it often enough how great this game is. Can't stand roguelikes usually, but Hades is easily one of the best indie games I have played this gen <3
Really ? What does make it feel different from any roguelikes? Because the video doesn't show any difference from any knows isometrics roguelike (baring the fact it is beautiful).

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
Nah you'll get my money when its done, I don't touch EA games with a fucking barge pole. Coming along nicely though I will admit.

I don't think there is any such thing as "done" anymore. At least not until a GOTY/definitive edition years after release. Most games release in early access now, they just don't call it that.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I've enjoyed what I played of it, but I haven't loaded it up since June or so because I don't want to burn myself out on it before it's done. I made that mistake with Dead Cells and I'm not going to do it again.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm very much the same way, Supergiant has done a lot to get me in their corner on this one:

-Placeholder models/art for some characters still look good and fit the world
-Tons of voice lines to joke/reassure about aspects coming later
-Almost no glitches
-Dozens and dozens of variables that makeevery run pretty unique/interesting
-Strong reward loop, no run ever feels wasted because you get a good amount of items that carry over

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really ? What does make it feel different from any roguelikes? Because the video doesn't show any difference from any knows isometrics roguelike (baring the fact it is beautiful).

I think the game has a much more interesting rogue-lite aspect than Rogue Legacy or Dead Cells(in terms of retaining something when you die to improve your chances for next time), there are a lot of different things that you earn during runs that will help make the next runs (or the world) more interesting and fun. The voice/character/story work they do between each run also helps a TON to make the repeatability more enticing. You really want to do another run so you get another batch of conversations with the characters waiting for you back at the hub, because they're all great.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I think the game has a much more interesting rogue-LITE aspect than Rogue Legacy or Dead Cells, there are a lot of different things that you earn during runs that will help make the next runs (or the world) more interesting and fun. The voice/character/story work they do between each run also helps a TON to make the repeatability more enticing. You really want to do another run so you get another batch of conversations with the characters waiting for you back at the hub, because they're all great.
Quite interesting indeed. Does the story depends on what you did (or did not) on your run or it is "linear" ?

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quite interesting indeed. Does the story depends on what you did (or did not) on your run or it is "linear" ?

The overarching story is generally linear, but if you get killed because you stood in lava, one of the characters might taunt you about needing new shoes, while another will wax poetically about the reason that place was once beautiful but now is covered in lava or something. It sounds minor, but the writing, voice acting, and sheer amount of these interactions makes it pretty awesome.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
The overarching story is generally linear, but if you get killed because you stood in lava, one of the characters might taunt you about needing new shoes, while another will wax poetically about the reason that place was once beautiful but now is covered in lava or something. It sounds minor, but the writing, voice acting, and sheer amount of these interactions makes it pretty awesome.
Nice, thanks for the answers :)

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

It looks stunning, the combat is relly fun and fluid, the weapons feel pretty different in their playstyles, there re plenty of upgrades to give you the feeling of making progress, writing and music are great, and the voice acting is stellar.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After making it through the last update, I think I'm going to stand back from this game for now until the full version is released. It's a wonderful game, but I think I'm good with the amount I've played so far and I want to see a finished product and enjoy the full experience in one session.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
Need the NoClip on this.

Could elaborate? Isn't NoClip to walk through walls?

Honestly, I normally agree but this has been a fun one to play a little with each update - there is usually some fun dialog about how things aren't quite done (in-game dialog/terms) and it's pretty clever. It's also stuff you'll never get to experience once the game goes live.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone sell me on this game? Looks really interesting but something is making me not bite.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They've been doing an excellent job updating this. Hope people give it a shot when it's out of Early Access.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, I normally agree but this has been a fun one to play a little with each update - there is usually some fun dialog about how things aren't quite done (in-game dialog/terms) and it's pretty clever. It's also stuff you'll never get to experience once the game goes live.

Yeah, I wonder about this. The dialogue in the game that's like "There's more to the tale, but let us just say for now that our hero ran headfirst into a doorway painted on a wall and tragically perished"is great, and probably will have no more reason to exist once the game's "done".

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there is any such thing as "done" anymore. At least not until a GOTY/definitive edition years after release. Most games release in early access now, they just don't call it that.

Honestly you are kind of right on this one.

I'm very much the same way, Supergiant has done a lot to get me in their corner on this one:

-Placeholder models/art for some characters still look good and fit the world
-Tons of voice lines to joke/reassure about aspects coming later
-Almost no glitches
-Dozens and dozens of variables that makeevery run pretty unique/interesting
-Strong reward loop, no run ever feels wasted because you get a good amount of items that carry over

I loved Bastion and Transistor and judging by those two games I am really not surprised it is in such good shape at this point. I just know how I am. I will devour this game as is and then once it is complete and has all kinds of cool additions I will be totally finished with it. Kind of a personal problem I guess lol. I'll just pony up full price once it comes out of EA. These cats haven't let me down yet and I doubt they will start now.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone sell me on this game? Looks really interesting but something is making me not bite.

Having played the other three Supergiant games, this is how it compares for me:

Hades is/has:
-The best combat of the 4
-The best cast of characters in scope, writing, art, and voice acting (Pyre is very close)
-The deepest game of theirs (lots of weapons, weapon variants, upgrades, and equippable items that all interact in interesting ways)
-The most digestable narrative (I enjoy Bastion and Transistor, but the narratives there were semi obfuscated/bleak, and Pyre's was good but a little bleak)
-New and unexpected moments/events happening almost constantly

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Pad or keyboard and mouse? I bought it on Epic Games Store when it came out but never downloaded the client.

I don't like playing on PC with controller, is it any good with keyboard and mouse?

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pad or keyboard and mouse? I bought it on Epic Games Store when it came out but never downloaded the client.

I don't like playing on PC with controller, is it any good with keyboard and mouse?
The game recommends gamepad on the title screen, and I tried it for about 10 minutes with M+KB and it was really difficult, whereas it felt amazing on a controller.

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly variety.
Despite the boons runs feel completely interchangeable to me. The only thing that varies is the weapon you pick at the start, after that the entire run feels very on rails.
Compare that to Spelunky or Dead Cells or Isaac where you have to switch up your play style completely because of the items you pick up and where you can always encounter surprises (good or bad) or situations you didn't foresee and it just feels super same-y to me.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly variety.
Despite the boons runs feel completely interchangeable to me. The only thing that varies is the weapon you pick at the start, after that the entire run feels very on rails.
Compare that to Spelunky or Dead Cells or Isaac where you have to switch up your play style completely because of the items you pick up and where you can always encounter surprises (good or bad) or situations you didn't foresee and it just feels super same-y to me.
You're not grabbing daedalus hammers or something. They radically alter the weapons.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017

NoClip is a youtube channel, they do long-form development documentaries and dev interviews, they have a series called Developing Hell which follows Hades' development throughout the months, there's 3 of these out but the last one was in June so I'm hoping for a new one.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
NoClip is a youtube channel, they do long-form development documentaries and dev interviews, they have a series called Developing Hell which follows Hades' development throughout the months, there's 3 of these out but the last one was in June so I'm hoping for a new one.

Thanks (to everyone) for the info on this, btw, I had never heard of them. I"ll have to check that channel out.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
You're not grabbing daedalus hammers or something. They radically alter the weapons.

There's 1 or 2 'big' changes per weapon (mainly things like the bow double shot or the big sword chop), but I don't know if I'd classify a lot of the upgrades as 'radical'.

The god boons have a chance of radically altering playstyle (just last playthrough I got Dionysus/Zeus combo for doing lightning inside the festive fog, the zeus double lightning strike chance, and the lightning strike god call - things melted when I had a target standing in all 3 fogs), but a lot of the times a single boon is just a bit more damage or an aoe add-on to your damage.

Fortunately the weapons themselves are really different, but if you're going for a full run, by the end of a run I usually find myself wanting to switch the weapon up next time around.

On topic, Demeter, at first glance, seems a bit underpowered/meh - good for applying break when used in combo with another god for a flat damage boost, but not quite as strong as targeting some other gods.