• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So my sister got this weird ass package in the mail. Where they just sent a empty box from eBay with this letter.

have anybody you seen any weird scam going on with Pokémon and eBay?
This is the most random thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020
Probably wouldn't hurt to email them with a throwaway email address.

Also yeah some jerk on this forum is likely to email them now.

Interestingly it's pretty easy to find that person's full name and phone number and where they work, live, and their hobbies with just their email, so I'm guessing there's a 40% chance the note received is legit.

Alternatively some international person stole that person's email and is pulling a double fake.

Don't give any personal info no matter what!

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Probably wouldn't hurt to email them with a throwaway email address.

Also yeah some jerk on this forum is likely to email them now.

Interestingly it's pretty easy to find that person's full name and phone number and where they work, live, and their hobbies with just their email, so I'm guessing there's a 40% chance the note received is legit.

Alternatively some international person stole that person's email and is pulling a double fake.

Don't give any personal info no matter what!
Yeah they had my sisters full name including middle name and address
C'mon OP upload it again with the e-mail blurred, I want to see!
Just fixed it.

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is crazy. I've never seen anything like this before.

E-mail them from a throwaway address telling them you have the letter and ask for the ebay seller they bought it off.
What's a good place I could make a throwaway easily? Yeah im morbidly curious about this.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Never seen anything like this. But I would get in touch with whoever sent you the letter (securely) and identify the auction this person believes you were affiliated with.

Sep 10, 2020
Odd. I had a different scam where some guy makes an offer for your sale that is like $40 over asking price, then sends you a super long text with a lot of ellipses about how his family lives in Oklahoma/Florida/Maryland, or is part of the army or something, and with your sale send a $300 eBay gift card that he will pay for. It's bullshit and he has a ton of different accounts with variations of this message's story.