• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who will win the Game of the Year award in 2019

• Death Stranding

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Resident Evil 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

• Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

• Devil May Cry V

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
So basically the title name. I believe those 3 will be the big contenders. There are still some games to be released that could still be there, like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order or Call of Duty Modern Warfare, and also some that released this year that are amazing, like Sekiro Shadows Die Twice, Devil May Cry V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Mortal Kombat XI and Super Mario Maker 2. I bet Death Stranding will win due to the noise it will make post-release, although Resident Evil 2 will be the better game and be the one that truly deserves to win it. I also want to say that my own personal GOTY is Kingdom Hearts 3, that turned out to be my favorite game of all time (yes I know the criticisms, but it really clicked with me in all senses after the many years of wait).

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It should be Dreams

But my vote goes to DS if it's well received.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not Smash unfortunately, because party games/fighting games are usually never in the running.

Out of the three, I'm gonna guess Resi 2. I halfway expect Death Stranding may be too much Kojima bullshit, not enough game.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be a close race with Resident Evil and Death Stranding both being very strong contenders. If I had to pick one right now I'd go with DS.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Smash isn't even eligible, it's a last year game.

It'll be Death Stranding easily.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
smash? Lol they never put a december game there. even if it's legit. tehy just don't care anymore.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
You should probably wait for some of the games you're listing to be out first. I see you were trying to rectify it with the poll since the topic opened, if you want to check where people currently stand 7 months into the year you can try again with a new thread. My suggestion is to not list games that aren't out, or to make the discussion a bit confusing about what period of time you're talking about (Smash Bros will be included for some GOTY discussions since many hold their events in November, while Smash was in December, but not all publications or discussions on this topic follow that calendar).

Status
Not open for further replies.