• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Leo won again.
Oh no guys Joker is busted 🙄
Can't just be that Leo is clearly an amazing player winning top tower tournaments with several different characters.
I laugh cause early consensus (which meant nothing) was Joker was garbage without Arsene, yet I see Leo get kills regularly without summoning Arsene. 0 to death against Samsora's Peach (pre-nerf) with no Arsene. Nice to see Leo stick to a character though.

Interesting to see where players go post 3.1
Pichu and Olimar got clobbered. Peach seems ok but got effected. Lucina was basically just a scratch. They didn't touch her back air and she is just still all around good

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Leo was insane. He was able to consistently push without Arsene which is something I can't even dream of doing.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Some butt kickage wif ma gurl Samus!

Captain Falcon is not one of my mains and it shows. Sloppy as hell with him.
As the video thumbnail says, this was quite a comeback. I had already accepted my loss but just kept going for shits and giggles. I did not expect nor did I deserve to win this. Or maybe I did.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to get Diddy Kong out of low GSP but every fight I have is a terrible lagfest.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to pull Diddy Kong up to 3.5mil GSP and so far I'm free of lag.

I think I'm getting the hang of the character. He really needed these buffs.

I climbed to 4.3mil off the back of one guy who kept refighting me and then immediately dropped down to sub-3mil after a string of losses.

I hate this game so much. BRB coming back tomorrow.

Last edited:

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Saur saur saur

She looks amazing in Ultimate, she was really odd looking in Brawl.

It took me approximately 3 minutes to get used to Ivysaur's new voice after playing Ultimate. I thought I wouldn't like it as much, but it's okay.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I got Diddy up to 4mil a Captain Falcon would swoop in and kick my ass.

Why are there so many fucking Captain Falcons playing tonight.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AAAAH I DID IT

I GOT DIDDY TO 4.5MIL!

nvm im at sub-4mil now

Last edited:

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm getting close to getting Bowser to Elite Smash. This was a fun battle. I've faced tougher Captain Falcon players before, so it's nice not to get completely destroyed this high up.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for advice: What are the general strategies for fighting Zelda and Sonic? I main Richter and Diddy if specifics are needed.

With Zelda I just get blocked out with special spam, and with Sonic he's just too quick and I can't land any attacks on him.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looking for advice: What are the general strategies for fighting Zelda and Sonic? I main Richter and Diddy if specifics are needed.

With Zelda I just get blocked out with special spam, and with Sonic he's just too quick and I can't land any attacks on him.
Sonic is about getting in, dealing some damage, & getting to safety. You have two options.
  1. Get in close so Sonic can't escape. This would best for Diddy Kong.
  2. Zone Sonic out, giving him no safe zone. This would be best for Richter.
As for Zelda, get in close, avoid projectiles, & try to get a read on her teleporting patterns. Of your two mains, Diddy is your best bet against Zelda.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic is about getting in, dealing some damage, & getting to safety. You have two options.
  1. Get in close so Sonic can't escape. This would best for Diddy Kong.
  2. Zone Sonic out, giving him no safe zone. This would be best for Richter.
As for Zelda, get in close, avoid projectiles, & try to get a read on her teleporting patterns. Of your two mains, Diddy is your best bet against Zelda.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for Sonic, but with Zelda it feels like I can't get in with Diddy because she teleports and then does Neutral B instantly.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind for Sonic, but with Zelda it feels like I can't get in with Diddy because she teleports and then does Neutral B instantly.
Then try to anticipate the teleport beforehand. If you know that she does Neutral B instantly, capitalize on that.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man... I don't know what it is but I've been playing this game for 4 days and I find myself really disliking the way the game works compared to Smash 4 :( I know it's a crazy thing to say but by this point in Smash 4 I was already hooked on For Glory and when I play online Ultimate matches I find myself missing Smash 4

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Saur saur saur

It took me approximately 3 minutes to get used to Ivysaur's new voice after playing Ultimate. I thought I wouldn't like it as much, but it's okay.

Watching this video I realized that I really prefer Final Destinations background animation in Brawl to the new one. Can't quite put my finger on it but Ultimates FD is kind of cheap looking.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish this game had a casual mode, I sit around 5 million as Peach and I'm constantly matched up with great fighters, I just want to chill out every know and then while playing online. I know the rooms are for that, but it's so difficult to find matches with the way the rooms are, without all that waiting around.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a good run with Lucas today and got him into Elite Smash but then that had to be balanced out so I went on a losing streak with Richter and now he's sitting at 4.5mil.

I think I'm gonna drop Diddy since I'm constantly pinballing in GSP. Maybe focus on Inkling.

It's such a bad feeling.

Last edited:

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Saur saur saur

Oh man I totally missed when this went up. Ivysaur's upgrade is really great, the bigger cuter proportions really help it stand out.

So you know while both games take some liberties with the design I feel like Brawl Ivysaur might've been based on the old artwork from gen 1
120px-002Ivysaur_RG.png

More angeled features, the head is smaller, the eyes are smaller

while Ultimate based Ivysaur on how Ivysaur has appeared basically every time after that
250px-002Ivysaur.png

slightly bigger head and slightly rounder eyes, slightly smaller body.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a fun thing I just found out (but has been around since Joker's release) about for my sound bros out there (ned_ballad MondoMega )
The original versions of P5's Aria of the Soul and Beneath The Mask are actually in the game! As in, in full.

According to tcrf, beneath the mask's original is specifically titled P11_P5_beneath_themask_original

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Here's a fun thing I just found out (but has been around since Joker's release) about for my sound bros out there (ned_ballad MondoMega )
The original versions of P5's Aria of the Soul and Beneath The Mask are actually in the game! As in, in full.

According to tcrf, beneath the mask's original is specifically titled P11_P5_beneath_themask_original

Oh yeah, I heard about this. They probably served as placeholders before the remixes were done.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I heard about this. They probably served as placeholders before the remixes were done.
it makes sense, presumably they have the originals inside and swap them with remixes as they're done.
Just interesting to see them left inside. It's a nice peak behind the curtain, even if we kind of figured based on some of the file names (ie: aria of the soul specifying P5 internally, the SUper Mario World Fortress Boss was originally the NSMB2 rendition, etc)

Honestly since they're there anyway they may as well make them normally available. Take us into evo grand finals with original aria of the soul imo

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So since Cloud has a new voice is there even a chance they give him an english voice in this. I know the answer is "No you dumbass" but still.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

It's kind of buried in the other thread, but it seems there'll need to be an update like...today or tomorrow, because the spirit board this week has 2 spirits (LA Link and the Owl) weren't in the last patch.

Also hey, for once we're getting tie-in spirits before the game is out and not like 2 months after. Or like 4 months, in Peachette's case

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess the 2 spirits WERE in the patch and dataminers held back on us?
It's live now and there was no update, so go figure, right?

Link has 3 slots, 3068 base power and the Water Weakness penalty.

Did you know that Bytan uses Step: The Plain? Go figure....

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So like... are there more hidden spirits?

How did these go so long without being detected?
If I had to guess the dataminers saw the spirits and, seeing they're unreleased-to-the-public assets at the time, chose not to talk about it.

The more surprising thing is literally no one "leaked" them out. Now that they're out I wouldn't be surprised if randos try to pull more out

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, I realized I hadn't used my pirahna plant code yet and didn't realize it wouldn't go to both Switch's.

I have one and my kids have one. They are the ones that play Smash, but I redeemed on my Switch. Now they won't ever play it. Wasted that code.

Doh.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I run into Yoshi or Young Link I have to fight the urge to SD right there.

Like I have problems fighting against Chroy and Dorf but that's a thing to overcome. It's not fun fighting them.

Last edited:

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
How the heck do I get into elite smash? I have a few characters above 4.3 mil points, but I have yet to get any into elite. What am I missing?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a bit of a side note, has anyone else noticed Smash has been much more laggy since last patch? When it first launched, it was almost unplayable for me, but then there was a quick patch and it was perfect. Now its back to being unplayable

Actually yeah, I've had a lot of bad matches as of late. I just figured it was on my end.

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Who is an easier character to get into elite smash? I have a problem sticking to one character for too long. I am kinda feeling like Simon would be fun, but have a weird pull towards Adult Link

MathLx

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having shitty matches online lately and I was suspecting that something was up. I decided to film my inputs and the result of the game. Turns out my inputs sometimes just don't register. For example, I see my hand moving the stick to the right but my character just stays there without moving. I have to do the input twitch for it to actually work.

I know that the C stick has something that makes it so you can't use it too many times so as not to allow spamming. However, I don't think there's something like that for the control stick.

I tried with a few controllers and I had the same problem. However, offline was fine and dandy. I also was not getting any lag online.

My stick is set to sensitive.

What could the issue be?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I thought this was a sliiiiiick round.

Ended up in a Sudden Death with Bayo cuz this chucklehead had it set to only 3 mins at 3 stock. Obviously I didn't notice the way shortened time til the round was almost over so this was a risky one. Sometimes when people have wacky rule sets I totally miss what's going on and it can screw me. And I hate Sudden Death, I've always had bad luck with it. I feel like everyone knows how to deal with it better than I do.

On and I threw in a duck taunt at the end since they did the same thing to me the round before :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any Samus users have any tips for dealing with the fire emblem sword users? I keep getting juggled and comboed for days while having little opportunity to retaliate.