• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheDoldrums

Nov 10, 2017
Question: Who are the rushdown characters of this game? I want to move away from Lucas and find a good complement to Simon Belmont. I was thinking Ness since he's tiny but I have problems with the larger characters and sword wielders.

Roy's your boy

I feel like I've turned a corner online since I started maining him. Can be so fast and oppressive, sweet spot is on the hilt to encourage getting in on people. His side B is just ridiculous and his jab sets up so much.

Last edited:

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, anyone knows why the Present icon in the menu is not stopping being highlighted? I got the present, but it's not getting grayed out like it should.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the menu next to the store icon. After receiving it, it's supposed to stop being highlighted, bit for whatever reason it's not and I can't receive anything either oddly enough.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It was from the Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee spirit, I got it after they were available through normal means. So I can't actually get the spirit, but I can't remove the highlight either.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hate when they pair me up with a partner. I don't have partnerships on preferred rules, but I still got paired up with someone. They proceeded to intentionally suicide their last life (when they had low damage), and cost us the match.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
salem just went down 0-2 to dabuz, switched to shulk, forced dabuz off olimar to palu, and got a crucial reverse sweep

holy shit

dude was hitting these crucial shield and smash arts

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked up Mega Man tonight and all it did was make me wish his trash default B-moves were replaced with his amazing customs.

Shadow Blade/Danger Wrap/Rush Coil/Skull Barrier turned Mega Man into a zoning god who could keep anyone out.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to pick up a new character sucks. I spent so much time with Lucas that everyone else immediately drops down tons in GSP, meaning I'm stuck with laggy matches on Hazard enabled Hanenbow or whatever. Plus I think I've reached my peak with Simon since I'm starting to get wrecked by everyone. Almost beat a Pichu though.

Ridley is surprisingly fun though. The word on him was that he was low-tier but he's good at killing dudes. I semi want to return to K.Rool again but I don't know if I can actually handle him well.

YOOOO why didn't anyone tell me ROB was legit

Last edited:

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

That choice of music is so cringe I think I literally died

Trying to pick up a new character sucks. I spent so much time with Lucas that everyone else immediately drops down tons in GSP, meaning I'm stuck with laggy matches on Hazard enabled Hanenbow or whatever. Plus I think I've reached my peak with Simon since I'm starting to get wrecked by everyone. Almost beat a Pichu though.

Ridley is surprisingly fun though. The word on him was that he was low-tier but he's good at killing dudes. I semi want to return to K.Rool again but I don't know if I can actually handle him well.

YOOOO why didn't anyone tell me ROB was legit

Tiers only matter at a very very high level of play. Ridley is Wifi as hell, he's solid

yah ROB is legit. Tbh 95% of characters are legit. Good ROB players are tough

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That choice of music is so cringe I think I literally died

Tiers only matter at a very very high level of play. Ridley is Wifi as hell, he's solid

yah ROB is legit. Tbh 95% of characters are legit. Good ROB players are tough

I've been fiddling around with more characters and Donkey Kong is legit busted, for real. I feel guilty whenever I pick him up.

killertofu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Having my coworker play Richter or Isabelle against my Ganondorf is truly a fucking drag. It makes me want to dump the game. Even if I win its no fun

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inkling feels like a character I should naturally gel with but for the life of me I cannot play them.

Also fuck Wario. Dude KO'd me at 30% with a waft.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I need sparring partners who use the Belmonts and Mega Man. Anyone out there want to go ever so often? I just have the hardest time dealing with projectile spam.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noob question.... I can't jump on other characters in 1v1 but tutorial videos show me being able to do it? Is there a setting or something? I was doing regular smash with Belmont against Mario and he would just land beside him. I feel stupid.

Help please?

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question.... I can't jump on other characters in 1v1 but tutorial videos show me being able to do it? Is there a setting or something? I was doing regular smash with Belmont against Mario and he would just land beside him. I feel stupid.

Help please?
You're talking about footstools? Jumping off of another player?

You need to be right above your opponent and then perform a jump. Doesn't matter if you've already exhausted your regular jumps - you can still do it. The timing/positioning can be tricky though.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Having my coworker play Richter or Isabelle against my Ganondorf is truly a fucking drag. It makes me want to dump the game. Even if I win its no fun
learn to block

villager has trouble dealing damage to smart blocking, and isabel has an even rougher time since she has less stage control then villager

plus her fishing pole is blockable, so you can (carefully) rush her down afterwards

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I've been watching some matches on YouTube and noticed that the players always pick alt colors and never ever the default one. Is there any specific reason for that? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I haven't paid attention to competitive Smash until recently 😅

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I've been watching some matches on YouTube and noticed that the players always pick alt colors and never ever the default one. Is there any specific reason for that? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I haven't paid attention to competitive Smash until recently 😅
They just like those alt colors. Alts don't have any difference from the default colors.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're talking about footstools? Jumping off of another player?

You need to be right above your opponent and then perform a jump. Doesn't matter if you've already exhausted your regular jumps - you can still do it. The timing/positioning can be tricky though.

Yeah I feel stupid, I finally figured out how you had to time it and hit jump once you were over them. Finally got it.

I'm trying to work on it so I can start footstooling on dudes who are trying to recover, but it's taking awhile.

Thanks!

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I feel stupid, I finally figured out how you had to time it and hit jump once you were over them. Finally got it.

I'm trying to work on it so I can start footstooling on dudes who are trying to recover, but it's taking awhile.

Thanks!
Keep in mind that if you foostool someone in the middle of an attack animation you will just get the height but nothing will happen to them. You have to do it while theyre in neutral position, in hitstun, or in landing lag.

Footstools were so broken in smash 4 lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear I'm in an abusive relationship with playing as Lucas. Every time I try to drop him I do a good run with him and get into Elite Smash or something.

The weirdest thing about today was not running into any Ganondorfs.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Quick Play can be a little stressful sometimes even though I don't worry too much about my number. I love creating my own public arena and allow people in only 1 at a time to fight them at my discretion. Some opponents are weak, some are too strong and some just right. Helps me get my skill up before I go running in Elite again if i feel like I'm getting stomped too much.

With Ridley I had to realize that I often punish myself too much because I love how fun his specials are. He can't win in a projectile fire fight and each special leaves him way the heck open. Watching Tweek helped me realize that

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that I'm not fussed about my number (I basically hover around the entrance and exit of elite smash, not all that desperate to maintain said elite ranking) but I'll always feel a bit stressed just strolling into online in general.
Probably because I know at some point something will happen that salts me up and then I feel bad when I return to my senses.

I see, thanks. It's kind of crazy to me that nobody seems to like the default ones, lol. (I guess they're just considered to be boring)
Often I think alts and colours are a way someone chooses the express themselves more through their chosen character.
Kinda like how despite the Overwatch cast having strong base designs you always gotta have that alt or colour pick so you can be like "this is MEEEE" and as such skins are big business.

That said in smash I do stick with a few defaults, Donkey Kong, K.Rool, Robin, Mega Man to name some where I rarely mix up the colour palette.
Now if I could be Kaptain K.Rool, you bet I would

Man costume DLC seems like such easy money...

I swear I'm in an abusive relationship with playing as Lucas. Every time I try to drop him I do a good run with him and get into Elite Smash or something.

The weirdest thing about today was not running into any Ganondorfs.
Mine and Simon's rocky relationship right here.
Except I've never returned to Elite smash with him, actually he might never have made it in on my end.

I think that's the life of the mid tier character, granted it's online so tiers for our hovering around elite level doesn't mean nearly as much, but you can definitely go from "aww yeah I'm the business today" to "I'm out of business" and it feels like MAYBE THIS CHARACTER IS WRONG FOR ME! when really it's probably fine but you just had a bad day/opponent who is well versed in your character/ bad matchup etc.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay fine I admit it. Richter is cooler than Simon.

- Simon has one cool victory animation, Richter has thre.

- Richter's alt colours are all good.

- Blue fire > Red fire and Take This! > GRUAGH!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Took NEW and IMPROVED Diddy online
I am not new and improved with him, back in the barrel you go while I pine for superior Dixie that will never arrive.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the past two hours whenever I'm one match away from getting into Elite Smash I run into some crazy bastard who whoops my ass and drops me about 40k.

I have a problem.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dear lord this waterfall Swiss pools format for sns sucks so much. I can't ever see it working at a supermajor. Nothing worse than having to leave since your pool starts 3 hours late and home is in hour away. Kicking myself for not requesting the first tier or two of pools, though I was kind of busy with Splatoon around that time anyway.

Poor Pichu, he needed a nerf but you never want to see a little cutie sad like that. It'll be interesting to see if we see a swansong performance for the little mouse

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Have a lot of people adopted using the x+y shortcut for short hops? My brain still hasn't adjusted to the fact that it exists.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Back to K Rool then!
It's infinitely more fun!

Saying that, following the string of Diddy losses (funnily enough also facing such fellow buffed characters as Lucario and Falcon), I went on K.Rool, got matched against a Ganondorf who was on 2-stock...
He won without leaving zero percent, I've never lost harder, I couldn't time my flame choke techs and I blundered into two meaty smash attacks, I jobbed so hard, it was like I was the Big Bossman at Survivor Series 98.

I mean yeah I won the following two matches handily but damn, there was no true victory to be had after the first round disaster.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got 2mil GSP with Inkling today. I'd say it felt good but a lot of it was Ink Roller > FSmash.

Okay, I need to know how to beat Ness as Lucas, but that seems like the most lopsided fight imaginable.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Smash'NSplash had a bonkers top 64. Wizzrobe managed to get to top 8 there and in Melee. He even beat Isai in 64.