• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm finally getting around to playing Persona 5 and it makes me realize what Joker will bring to Smash. I can't wait to see him in action.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I never use her so can't help unfortunately, apparently she got nerfed in ultimate.
I don't know what the nerf is or why she's so bad, all I know is I can't beat anyone now despite being decent with her in the final balance patch of smash 4.

It feels like Luma is basically always dead.

So yeah, I have no tips for rose v chrom either.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Finally unlocked all the music and am a little disappointed that you can set the menu theme to be the Street Fighter character select BGM.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm pretty new to Smash and am going through the World of Light campaign. I'm just about to face Galeem, or I guess Master Hand, but I have the compulsion to completely clear the map before I fight the final boss. My save file indicates that I've cleared 376 spaces and awakened 42 fighters, and I just got the trophy for clearing every obstacle in Light Realm. Is somebody able to verify that there is nothing left for me to do before I enter the final encounter?

I would have looked up the answer myself but I'm anxious about seeing spoilers.
Even if you skip something, you have the opportunity to go back for it later.

The only way you can miss something in story mode is to either delete or overwrite your save file.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I beat Jeff. I am the master of Smash Bros.

I'm at 96% completion for WoL with 22 hours. Not sure how people spent 40 hours with it. Still, even a 10 hour single player adventure mode is beyond expectations.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I forgot to drop this before I got caught up in a whole bunch of Christmas festivities; but I hope all of SmashEra enjoy the holidays (whichever one you celebrate) and keep on Smashing!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Well I finally made it to 1 million GSP with Roy, who is the only character I've used online. It only took me 153 battles.

The battles that took me there were pretty cool too. I fought a solid Richter. First on a random omega and then on a hazardless Gamer. He was pelting the shit out of me with the cross but I was able to avoid the Ax and smash attacks for the most part. Pretty much every death he had was fucking up a recovery lol. The last death was the funniest. I knocked him off stage, not even that far and ran to edge guard. He hit me with the whip while in the air then just fell to his death cause that uppercut is almost all vertical

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I hate playing online. I feel like it's actively making me a worse player. Specifically, the minimal but ever-present input lag is conditioning me to constantly fall back on relatively safe and reliable sets of attacks rather than mixing up my play, because the slight input lag makes improvising unreliable.

For context, I main Ness who (1) has a tiny hitbox on basically all his moves except for fair and (2) is already one of the least improvisational characters on the roster. There's only a small set of things that Ness can do well, and playing online is making that set feel smaller and smaller.

I think I need to choose a new main for online. I hate this. It's not working out at all, and I'm not having fun playing, unlike in local play where I love playing Ness.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm always amazed how much pokemon stuff is actually in the Smash games and this one is no exception, there's so many pokemon just randonly showing up, pokeballs, legendaries showing up doing stuff, stage transformations done by pokemon etc. The pokemon trainer and the pokemon characters.

It makes me want a Smash that's just all pokemon.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Are making alt costumes ridiculously hard or something?
Cause I feel like they can make absolute bank on alts as DLC and we didn't see any last time around and the alts we do have tend to be extremely limited.
Bowser should have a Dry Bowser alt and a wedding tux alt.
Peach should have a Bowsette wedding dress alt

Are we forgetting Boxer Shorts Mario with those nips out for the world to see?
Give me alts Bandai & Nintendo

It's laughable that we only have "A link between Worlds" Zelda and not one other costume. What were they thinking?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I always found it odd they don't have a Fox alt with sunglasses like James McCloud wears.

Yeah, but Zelda, I mean Ocarina Zelda or Breath of the Wild Zelda should have been an absolute must. I maybe can understand everyone else, but this one is crazy odd. What the fuck happened with, at least, the Wii U model?

main.png

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Zelda, I mean Ocarina Zelda or Breath of the Wild Zelda should have been an absolute must. I maybe can understand everyone else, but this one is crazy odd. What the fuck happened with, at least, the Wii U model?

main.png

Twilight Princess Zelda has always been my favorite design so yeah, I'm annoyed I can't use her. The brunette palette swap is the closest I can get.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
4 player FFA doesn't work online because in real life you can form flash alliances to gang up on spammers and campers or those generally in a large lead. Without the ability to communicate strategy like that, well, spammers and campers run amok.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the online play isn't perfect, but for a casual who doesn't have friends that play anymore, it's damn near good enough.

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Needing a last minute Xmas gift for my niece. She's getting a Switch/Mk bundle for Xmas and I'm debating about gifting her Smash. You guys think it's suitable for a six year old? I'm not much of a Smash player myself.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
What do you do when someone just follows you around on the ground as you fall? I just get endlessly juggled and can never juke people out.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
What do you do when someone just follows you around on the ground as you fall? I just get endlessly juggled and can never juke people out.
I usually try to throw out an air attack. Some people's neutrals come out really fast with a nice hit box.
Doesn't always work, of course, because of attack priority or attack timing

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Needing a last minute Xmas gift for my niece. She's getting a Switch/Mk bundle for Xmas and I'm debating about gifting her Smash. You guys think it's suitable for a six year old? I'm not much of a Smash player myself.

i think it's a little bit early. i'd probably look more into Mario Deluxe in january or Odyssey now.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I'd say so. A couple years ago I had a Christmas party and the kids all loved Smash even more so than MK. They were awful at it, but Smash tends to be fun for any skill level. People who say otherwise, they are basically assuming it has to be understood mechanically to be enjoyable. Kids will just enjoy trying to beat on the cpu/each other and laugh at the stupid shit happening.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Smash is fine. My niece plays it with me and she's only 5. There are games I would get over Smash for someone as young as she is such as Super Mario Party or Mario Odyssey.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

Try to mix up your landing options. While in the air, you usually have 4 options. Throw out an aerial, a special move, neutral airdodge or directional airdodge. If you're getting endlessly juggled you're probably being too predictable.

Aerials and special moves are usually your worst landing options, but can work if you use it very sparingly. Your best option is usually airdodging.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Still working on World of Light. Damn is it long.

IDK why but I'm grinning like an idiot at the Metal Gear RAY fight just being a metal greninja with explosions everywhere. Just got to the Geno spirit, I feel like I'm going to be stuck here for awhile.

Linkhero1

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I generally throw out a neutral or try to fast fall far away from my opponent. Another option is try to fall towards the ledge and grab it.

Generally, when you're getting juggled it's because you're falling into a predictable pattern. I suggest saving a replay and look for what you're doing wrong.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The biggest issue with World of Light in my eyes is how easy it is to become incredibly overpowered. Now that I've got a bunch of incredibly powerful Spirits literally nothing is presenting a challenge anymore; I just play as bowser and spam smash attacks and win pretty much every fight. The only spirits that put up even a little bit of a fight are the ones above 10,000. There's just no incentive to use anything more than the same 4-5 spirits I'm using now; the only reason I'm levelling them up is to enhance the few that can be enhanced.

A side note: The design for the World of Dark is awesome. Much more interesting than the World of Light.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest issue with World of Light in my eyes is how easy it is to become incredibly overpowered. Now that I've got a bunch of incredibly powerful Spirits literally nothing is presenting a challenge anymore; I just play as bowser and spam smash attacks and win pretty much every fight. The only spirits that put up even a little bit of a fight are the ones above 10,000. There's just no incentive to use anything more than the same 4-5 spirits I'm using now; the only reason I'm levelling them up is to enhance the few that can be enhanced.

A side note: The design for the World of Dark is awesome. Much more interesting than the World of Light.

You get better rewards when using weaker spirits. It's up to you whether to use OP spirits and get less challenge and less rewards or to use weaker spirits and get more of a challenge and better rewards.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Spirits are definitely easy to cheese, even mroe so if you dont care about rewards. Level up a strong spirit to level 99 and then stack on Giant and yo ucan breeze through almost every single fight depending on the fighter.

Even if it got frustrating in places & I still relied on smash attacks I'm kind of glad I did try to keep in line with the power levels and tailor load outs, it kept it interesting.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, is there any advantage at all to walking anymore? Since you can cancel dashes into anything and can dash dance, I'm having a hard time figuring out what purpose walking serves. There may be a few times where you wanna use it to better position yourself, but is that it?

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question, is there any advantage at all to walking anymore? Since you can cancel dashes into anything and can dash dance, I'm having a hard time figuring out what purpose walking serves. There may be a few times where you wanna use it to better position yourself, but is that it?

Yeah pretty much. It's only useful for slight repositioning.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I found that I sorta subconsciously tried to challenge people way too often getting back down, so I would keep running into up airs. Just remember you can just pretty easily hold to either side and just fall off to the ledge from the top.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i walk everywhere with sonic to confuse and frighten people

Status
Not open for further replies.