• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
while Ken's isn't as clear.

Huh? He's based on SF2 isn't he? His look jumps out to me as looking like his SF2 sprite. Or the Animated Movie, but I doubt they'd outright say that.

Ken.png

SSF2T_Ken.gif

KenPortraitBLUE.PNG

tumblr_n38dhcDrDR1r5gow3o1_500.gif
ss_1.jpg

ss_5.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Huh? He's based on SF2 isn't he? His look jumps out to me as looking like his SF2 sprite. Or the Animated Movie, but I doubt they'd outright say that.

Ken.png

SSF2T_Ken.gif

KenPortraitBLUE.PNG

tumblr_n38dhcDrDR1r5gow3o1_500.gif
ss_1.jpg

ss_5.jpg
I pointed out the main two problems that keep Ken from being 100% Super Turbo Ken, those being his SFIV blue eyes & his recolored SFV Ryu gloves. ST Ken's gloves are more simplistic than they were in later Street Fighter games, & the blue eyes were an error specific to SFIV & SFxT that Capcom didn't correct until SFV.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I can't wait anymore.

I've ordered the Limited Edition, but I'm thinking about also getting the digital version, to play it earlier.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
That's gonna be a long night
74-8 = 66

your absolute min time between characters unless you are constantly resetting is 10 minutes.
I assume you fight them like in the past, but hey for the heck of it lets assume you are perfect with your timing and it comes in at 10 minutes.

66*10 = 660
660/60 = 11 hours

so if you start at 5PM your time, you will have to play until 4am at the min to unlock everyone :P

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but on Kinda Funny Gamescast, Tim Gettys said that Nintendo PR told him it only takes "a couple or few hours" to unlock all the characters. No idea how accurate that is though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
They only posted it on the Japanese blog. Maybe it had something to do with the Side-Smash controversy?
I was thinking that might be the case. That video doesn't show the smash, and you can't see it on G&W's fighter page, but it's not impossible they got nervous and pulled it entirely - like how they pulled the song titles after the Bloody Tears leak.

But, it is the Smash blog we're talking about. Its been a bit of a mess in many ways, so forgetting seems... kinda possible too, unfortunately!

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whew can't wait for my special edition to arrive. And now I should get another grip so I can have a full set of 4 controllers so 4 joy cons and 2 pro controllers.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
No, the fastest way to unlock characters is to play 1 match (suicide), unlock a character, immediately close and restart the game, play 1 match (suicide), unlock a character, etc.

If you don't reset the game, then you unlock a character every 10 minutes of playing Versus.
Keep in mind people found out today that there appears to be a distance traveled requirement as well. This will work for a while, but then it'll stop working until you've run a certain distance. Which might explain why playing with more people seems to unlock faster.

Rezbit

Oct 26, 2017
Getting super hyped now! Joined the Discord so I will be ready to Smash with you all. Nintendo have got me with their online service now too. Dang it!

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooooooo where do I go to watch all that prerelease good footage?

Edit: Above OP has some good shit, but I want to see some just.. wild stuff. No 1v1 no items stuff.

Last edited:

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we're only a couple of days away. I'm way more excited for this than I was for Smash 4, this is like Brawl levels of hype.

Can't wait to play as Richter!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Keep in mind people found out today that there appears to be a distance traveled requirement as well. This will work for a while, but then it'll stop working until you've run a certain distance. Which might explain why playing with more people seems to unlock faster.

That's interesting.

All right! So the new solution is to go to Custom Smash, play with Bunny Hoods, select Sonic, then run on the Big Blue track for a few minutes when the reset method stops working.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be in for an unlocking fury Thursday night.

EDI: OH WOW I CAN FINALLY POST AGAIN, NO MORE NONEXISTENT WARNINGS TO ACKNOWLEDGE

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone

The entire unlock process outside of WoL sounds asinine to me. If it gets to that point you might as well just let us unlock characters via amiibo.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
OK, I'm starting to get over the part of my hype in which I go like "This game is so close I'm not even hyped anymore.". Maybe it's a defense mechanism, but I was not thinking about this too much in the last few weeks. Now hype has settled back again though. Cannot fucking wait. The first newcomer unlock will be so satisfying, if he's not an echo at least (except Richter lol).
Do we have a complete map of World Of Light? Want to pick the right roads to unlock my favorite characters.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is this the final thread before the game comes out or is this the official thread?

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For those who get the games early, please share at what moment you managed to unlock Inkling and Simon

I don't mind the roster unlocking slowly over time, but those two I really want to play around with as soon as possible!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
For those who get the games early, please share at what moment you managed to unlock Inkling and Simon

I don't mind the roster unlocking slowly over time, but those two I really want to play around with as soon as possible!
I think you unlock Inkling pretty early on through versus matches. For Simon, you'll want to play Link's Classic Mode, and keep going through the characters you'll unlock through that.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game have LAN multiplayer though wireless or do you all have to crowd around one screen for local multiplayer?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Does this game have LAN multiplayer though wireless or do you all have to crowd around one screen for local multiplayer?
It does have local LAN multiplayer (for up to eight systems).

And since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, the modes available are:
  • Smash
  • Squad Strike
  • Special Smash (Custom Smash and Super Sudden Death; no Smashdown)
  • maybe Mob Smash? It has a description, but no selection text.

Last edited:

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
Amazing OT!! Can't wait for Friday. Wish I didnt have to work. Think I'm feeling a little sick lol.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
I hope I make it to the 7th. This paper I'm writing is gonna murder me before then

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
So after preloading the game I discovered that I will have to travel for work on thursday on a ship so I don't even know if I'll be able to play this on midnight. I'm coming back saturday afternoon... don't know if I'll resist the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.