• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Considering we don't even know which DQ character they would choose if they added one, it seems really hard and premature to try to divine what their moveset might be :P

Well his upspecial is a move he uses in multiple games, and what else would it be? Like his recovery can't just be he jumps more.

I mean flying is something he regularly does in his own games. An additional jump (with the flap of his wings) seems like at a bare minimum fine.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
IT'S ALIVE! Anyway, here's the character prediction thing for today. It's down to the final two, so we'll probably find out a winner either tomorrow or on Thursday.
GLAnihS.jpg
Also hey, this new UI is pretty snazzy.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I want to play stock online can I do it? I believe I can based on what I've read but I want to confirm it.

In smash Wii U and 3ds I could not, and if i can't do it in smash switch I won't buy it. But if I can it's day one.

Unfortunately my friends no longer play smash and I prefer stock so this is the only reason I will buy it.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
hey stuff is working again, anyway it's starting to dawn on me that we are getting really close end of the week can not come fast enough

also here was the countdown pick for today

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh hey, we're alive. For real this time. Surprised I manged to sneak in my post before.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly just because out of all the possible Square DLC inclusions, he makes the most sense and has the least overlap with any currently existing characters.

A Dragon Quest character would just be YET ANOTHER anime boy with a one-handed sword. We have enough of those.
Not if they pick the mascot who is referenced all over every game

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's so so soon and I'm so very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooohooooo

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'd really like Alucard. Because I love Castlevania, and Alucard is the bomb.

He's an assist trophy already though, isn't he?
Yeah, he's an AT. Though, he does get to play a somewhat special role in one part of the game:

Chrom played a similar role for Robin in Smash 4, so maybe there is some hope left for Alucard (at least for the next Smash).

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I played the game today.
Ridley is a fucking blast and well-worth the wait. In 8 player battles, his Up-B is an incredible attack for finishing off opponents that are already close to the kill ceiling.
Ganondorf felt very much like Smash 4 Ganondorf
Little Mac is a fucking pest in 8 player Smash, much more so now that he can make it back on stage a lot easier. Otherwise, he felt very similar to Smash 4.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
The game has some pretty great music from what I've listened to, though it's a shame that Nintendo's best song didn't make the cut.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Never would have expected that it was going to come down to Mewtwo and Roy of all characters. GG stan and good luck to both.

Oct 25, 2017
Should we start coming up with clever OT titles?

Suggestions:
Infinity Brawl
Brave New ERA
Merry Smashmas
Happy Brawlidays
Play Anytime, Anywhere, EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Arguments against DQ hero being just another swordsman reminds me of the time someone argued with me that Mega Man would be boring as he'd just be another gunner like Samus.
But whatever, I don't expect any SE characters to pop up anymore anyway. I'll play whoever as long as the moveset's fun.
Oh hey, here's English Roy, loud and clear.

His star KO sounds horrifying, lol

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly i think the arguments for Sephiroth are pretty fair and honestly i think he would be by far one of the easier SE characters to get into the game (to be fair that's not much considering SE is being very bad about Smash Representation) but still.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I'd like Geno or Sora I'm such a massive FFVII fanboy(I'm literally buying the Switch version despite having four other copies of the game) that I'd eat it up right away.

I'm guessing his stage would either be the burning Nibelheim or the Lifestream?

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
It would be hilarious if Sephiroth made it in and the stage bundled with him wasn't from FFVII or Square at all.

"Hey uh, Square wouldn't let us use anything but Midgar and those two rips so uhhh here's Bowser's Castle! It's got fire in it so you can pretend it's Nibelheim!"

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've been out of the loop in regards to Ultimate. That being said, is it a deluxe version of Smash Bros. U, similar to Mario Cart 8 on the Switch? And, does this game have a serious shot at dethroning Melee in terms of its content? I know the game has been diefied because of how difficult it is to obtain these days, but do they plan on bringing some of Melee's maps and music onto Ultimate?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I've been out of the loop in regards to Ultimate. That being said, is it a deluxe version of Smash Bros. U, similar to Mario Cart 8 on the Switch? And, does this game have a serious shot at dethroning Melee in terms of its content? I know the game has been diefied because of how difficult it is to obtain these days, but do they plan on bringing some of Melee's maps and music onto Ultimate?
Ultimate has 103 stages from all across the series.
It's not just a deluxe port of Smash Wii U, it's a full fledged sequel.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

first it's not a port of smash 4, while it may be built on smash 4 the amount of the changes from a gameplay perspective do not make it a port by any means

as for stuff about Melee, it's hard to tell if it will "dethroning" Melee until the game

but in the case of the stages and music, most of the melee stages are back with only a few not returning and i'm pretty sure most if not all of Melee music is in the game

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
All of Melee's stages are in Ultimate except for
Poké Floats
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom (Melee version)
and Icicle Mountain

And I assume all the Melee music tracks are back?

Status
Not open for further replies.