• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ "Pot Plant".

Imagine if it was another Mario mook. They'd be talking about Evil Mushroom or Walking Turtle because apparently the names of Mario enemies is really obscure knowledge.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I'm not a Smash fan but I can't ignore this one, it's so full of content, it's like a virtual museu of videogame with tons of characters.
But I'm not following the news, this is what I know so far. Someone knows how many spirits was included in the game?

72 characters
55 Pokémon
59 Assist trophies
103 stages
+800 music
?? Spirits
?? game modes
Around 1200 spirits :)
Something like 1240 to be more precise, I think.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
rosterfefl6.png
I've "main'd" Random since SSB64, and as the roster expands it's the only way to experience everyone. My go to has been Link since then too, but I'm not feeling his BotW inspired changes so I might need to switch him out for Toon/Young Link depending on how he plays (though I generally prefer heavier characters so I've never liked them as much as the OG).

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I've held back on the ol' post your roster thing since you never really know until you actually play them.
If I had one for before the release of Smash 3DS/WiiU it would've had Palutena and Bowser Jr on it, how tragic

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
That Piranha Plant speed has to be a placeholder. That'd almost be the slowest character in Smash Bros history and it wasn't even close to that slow in the footage we have.

Like that's so slow, it almost feels like a -speed spirit battle or Shadow or something would cause Piranha Plant's speed to overflow into the negatives and it'd be immobile.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all actually expect to see so many contents from Konami in #SmashBrosUltimate? I remember those discussion that people were like Konami wouldn't let it happens but here we are! QUITE A LOT OF CONTENTS!

qvNTLSR.gif

Oct 27, 2017
So I asked this a few days back and no one responded, but I would really appreciate an answer:

Do Spirits come with a little description of who they are and where they come from like trophies do?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
there was a second update on the blog
234_1.jpg

234_2.jpg

Today's Item
Flies & Hand Assist Trophy
Flies buzz around the stage, and a hand holding a fly swatter goes around swatting up a storm. Getting caught in the swat-storm will cause severe damage, so think like a fly and run away!

By which I mean, there was a second update on the Japanese blog because America just didn't post the Mr. Game & Watch update

oh smash blog

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The flyswatter is the best assist trophy they ever added

I always wanted in after listening to the Mario Paint medley from Smash 4.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
there was a second update on the blog
234_1.jpg

234_2.jpg

By which I mean, there was a second update on the Japanese blog because America just didn't post the Mr. Game & Watch update

oh smash blog

When I first saw that assist trophy I was thrilled :)
I used to play that fly swatting game a ton on Mario Paint and the music is still etched into my brain lol

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is it random or in order of reveal in Smash like the UI?

*Who you fight

I can't really tell. Sometimes it seems like the unlocks are in order, sometimes not. It might be that classic mode clears unlock specific characters and the 10-minutes unlocks are random.

Recruiting a character in WoL is an automatic unlock, as Ned said.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It's in some kind of order, although it's kind of weird and I don't think anyone has gotten the order down, yet.

I can't really tell. Sometimes it seems like the unlocks are in order, sometimes not. It might be that classic mode clears unlock specific characters and the 10-minutes unlocks are random.

Recruiting a character in WoL is an automatic unlock, as Ned said.

Huh. Weird (Re: 10 minute unlocks) considering how Sakurai made a big deal about the selection UI for characters and stages being in order. Oh well. So much for me being able to have a Melee character selection screen I can screenshot at one point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Weird (Re: 10 minute unlocks) considering how Sakurai made a big deal about the selection UI for characters and stages being in order. Oh well. So much for me being able to have a Melee character selection screen I can screenshot at one point.

Yeah, every stream I watched kind of seemed like K. Rool unlocked very close to the beginning.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
well, you can still do that, it'll just take a little finesse
if you lose to a character, it's removed from the pool and instead goes into Challenger Approach pool. It's a "mode" that appears periodically (probably on the same timer but doesnt seem to overlap?) and let's you get characters you missed.
So you could lose to and ignore the post-melee characters and they'll just wait to show up again in challenger approach.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles

Some good ol' Ridley footage! It's going to be a minute before people really understand his recovery. Those 4 fixed angles really mess people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.