• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty bummed that there's no additional FFVII tracks, I really thought there would be this time. I'm assuming Square are just not allowing it/asking for more money. :/

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty bummed that there's no additional FFVII tracks, I really thought there would be this time. I'm assuming Square are just not allowing it/asking for more money. :/
I feel like the writings been on the wall in that regard since August, between the direct showing it still only having 2 songs and Sakurai talking about licensing issues with music for some series in famitsu

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about music is that just reading a name doesn't really spoil anything. Have to hear it for that.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if any of the other SSE bosses are being reused besides Galleom.

Porky has to be the final boss for Ness and Lucas' Classic Mode route. Ridley and Meta Ridley are out for obvious reasons. Rayquaza could work, I guess Petey Piranha too (especially since he's already being reused for Piranha Plant's FS). Then that leaves Tabuu and Duon...

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Porky has to be the final boss for Ness and Lucas' Classic Mode route. Ridley and Meta Ridley are out for obvious reasons. Rayquaza could work, I guess Petey Piranha too (especially since he's already being reused for Piranha Plant's FS). Then that leaves Tabuu and Duon...
I don't think Ridley or Meta Ridley are necessarily out. He could be a boss with an elaborate boss fight, while still being a fighter.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about music is that just reading a name doesn't really spoil anything. Have to hear it for that.

While this is generally true, for some series introduced like Castlevania, it's given the show away that a lot of the songs listed look like ports of tracks from three particular games.

Kinda bummed to be hearing songs from Judgment and THE ARCADE when I would dig new remixes by composers who haven't touched the series.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki

I don't think Duon is coming back.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

Ridley could fight Mewtwo, Snake, Dark Pit, Daisy, Captain Falcon with his Blood Falcon outfit for an attack of the clones classic route and then end with a battle against the SSE Ridley boss.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
By the way, congrats to all (including me) who correctly predicted that Palutena's Guidance was coming back. :3

Seriously, did people really think that wouldn't be returning? Kid Icarus: Uprising is Sakurai's baby. It just seemed to obvious to me.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I see YouTubers still like to choose the most spoilery part of their video for a thumbnail.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
While this is generally true, for some series introduced like Castlevania, it's given the show away that a lot of the songs listed look like ports of tracks from three particular games.

Kinda bummed to be hearing songs from Judgment and THE ARCADE when I would dig new remixes by composers who haven't touched the series.

While I do think most songs are rips, 34 is a massive track list and there was no shot in hell most of those were gonna be new remixes.
Even if the ratio is 24 rips/10 new remixes, 10 remixes is a lot more than most series get in a single game.
In a perfect world, it would be all new but with all the new music we're getting for this game, it's unrealistic to expect so much for one series.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Also regarding Elma's and Shantae's spirits, kind of not feeling super great about the idea of people of color being portrayed by white characters. I might just be oversensitive about it but...

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make a thread on today's media blow-out since I think there's enough from this embargo to be worthy of a separate thread.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like I was right about Classic Mode resulting in not just being Master Hand for everybody at the end (different bosses for the most part). Glad that's the case and it means certain bosses are returning (really happy to see Giga Bowser).

This means Classic Mode on the higher difficulties for certain characters will be interesting to try and beat; as a challenge run. Or, even, for Maximilian when he does Boss Rage for this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.