• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-s-reggie-fils-aime-on-hopes-for-an-n64-classic-1830465672

"I haven't talked to him," Fils-Aime said of Sakurai and his Tweets, "but I believe he was working hard to communicate two things: One, that the characters have been decided on. Second, that he is well in development on this, so please be patient. My interpretation is that there will be no fan polls, [and that] no independent poll trying to push Waluigi, as an example, will not influence the decisions that have already been made.

Hey, he brought Waluigi up, not me. I had to ask: "Do we know? Do you know if Waluigi is or isn't in the roster?"

"We're not here to discuss that at this point in time," Fils-Aime said. He reiterated that the plan is for post-release characters to be sold bundled with new stages and music after release but said there weren't plans for any other microtransactions for the game.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Reggie puts out a typical PR statement and y'all crumble.

The comment about not discussing Smash is funny though.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
So just letting folks know now that when I play competitively or semi competitively I will occasionally venture outside the established norm and pick Reset Bomb Fortress, New Super Mario Bros U, Kongo Falls, Magicant and New Donk City all hazardless. Then with hazards I will occasionally pick Pilot Wings and Lylatt Cruise. I care not what you think. These stages are fun!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Good to have you back BGBW!
kqia7.jpg

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
So just letting folks know now that when I play competitively or semi competitively I will occasionally venture outside the established norm and pick Reset Bomb Fortress, New Super Mario Bros U, Kongo Falls, Magicant and New Donk City all hazardless. Then with hazards I will occasionally pick Pilot Wings and Lylatt Cruise. I care not what you think. These stages are fun!

You disappointed me for not mentioning Gamer.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Okay now was that Incineroar avatar for the box or for Incineroar? Because I lost both of those and still have one avatar to wear.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
How many people here have pre-ordered the game digitally along with the Fighter Pass?

Upon learning that you can get extra coins for pre-ordering both the game and the Fighter Pass, I'm awfully tempted... even if the characters are bunk, at least we're getting more stages.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How many people here have pre-ordered the game digitally along with the Fighter Pass?

Upon learning that you can get extra coins for pre-ordering both the game and the Fighter Pass, I'm awfully tempted... even if the characters are bunk, at least we're getting more stages.

I did. And I see that icon waiting on my Switch that I can't play yet. *Sobs.*

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope someone at Nintendo looked at the roster and looked at Sakurai and was like, "Where the hell are the Zelda characters?" Here's hoping to Twili Midna as a Zelda echo in some non-Fighters Pass update. Hahaha... Haha... Ha...

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Reggie try to stave off the Waluigi requests when they were barely on the topic of DLC is making me think that NoA is trying to push Waluigi to be in the roster but NCL and Sakurai might not be listening. Which kind of sucks because he kind of sounds exasperated over the requests for him and it's making me think if everyone at NoA just gets like 12 DMs a day that just say WAAAH with a random picture of Waluigi

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
interview also says this:

which implies no $1 Mii costumes or anything like that, though it leaves the door open for freebies
When I think microtransactions I always think of like...currencies and junk. But I guess that it'd always include any DLC in general, huh?

Only the fighter pass is really surprising to me, if so. Course plans always change

The massive gap for Europe's release was ridiculous even in those days. Honestly feels like Brawl was the game to finally get NoE to try and get games more or less released at the same time as the rest of the world. By the time I got it (which was even later cos I was on holiday when it launched) all hype and discussion on GAF was dead.
Europe's months-to-sometimes-years delays on even big games was pretty awful in the day, always felt bad for my friends forced to import if they wanted to play with us during the zeitgeist. I think it does still happen, but it felt like Pokemon XY were the big turning point moving forward. Nintendo does the weird thing where NoA & NoE will alternate random games, though. Like NoE got a few kirby titles 6 months early but NoA got some other title 6 months early.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
NoA made it look like we all hate Tingle causing his disappearance in Zelda games so I'm glad NCL isn't listening to NoA's Waluigi requests.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely curious what new Mii costumes will be in the game this time. The only one we've seen that wasn't in the showcase was Lip's, which was presented in Spirits mode. I hope all the old ones returned. Crossing my fingers for a Chun-Li costume. I've got the Mii ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.