• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How hyped are you for Smash?

• Hyped

Votes: 220 23.0%
  • Super Hyped

Votes: 574 60.0%
  • I don’t know what a smash is

Votes: 162 16.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There aren't enough projectiles in the game, as there are moves, who negate them.

Makes them a little broken though, doesn't it?
They kind of have a blind spot, since there moves are very linear. Also the may have to hit the projectile with the head of the whip. So there is may some risk to it.​

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Regarding the Simon thing apparently i got it wrong, that's not their Forward Smash, that's their Forward Tilt which is even more concerning.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I did another thing, except now with the highly-requested Great Days.

Here's the YouTube link.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
My wife told me about this today and the first thing I said was "Is there a Guile's theme one?"

Of course there was. Even funnier because he's actually in the game too!

XD

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Now I made another one with Fighting Gold (Moody Blues included).

As usual, here's the YouTube link.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a request from a friend after I made the yu-gi-oh one but there was no way I could make it sync so I turned it into art instead

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
So from watching a ton of footage of the current demo, here are the stages I do not believe are in the demo

- Big Battlefield
- Temple
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Fourside
- New Pork City
- Spear Pillar
- 75m
- Mario Bros
- Hanenbow
- Green Hill Zone
- Dream Land GB
- Magicant
- Find Mii
- Pictochat 2
- Great Cave Offensive
- Flat Zone 2
- Palutena's Temple
- Guar Planes
- Windy Valley Zone
- Pac Land
- Midgar

From what I can gather there are a few reasons stages aren't in the demo

- Not streaming friendly, so that's where the Mother, Midgar and Sonic stages go
- Too big for <4 players to play comfortably in a large group set up with observers, which is why 75m, Temple, ect aren't there
- Seemingly random stages like Find Mii, Big Blue and Spear Pillar, which I guess are just missing so not all the stages are in the demo. I don't know

But anyway, with that rather large number of missing stages, there's still quite a lot of music that won't be confirmed for awhile.

Some areas I think will have music confirmations

- Not Midgar
- Mother Stages are the promised land. There's going to be lots of smiles and tears from the music confirmations and potential cuts from these stages
- Sonic music is likely not going to be any new remixes, but everyone loves a good Seven Rings in Hand confirmation
- Big Blue is probably where Big Blue and it's variants from other games (SNES/GX) is hiding, since we haven't heard it anywhere. I don't believe we've heard Mach Rider yet, either, so it might be tucked onto its old home
- Pictochat is probably where everyone's favorite Rhythm Heaven songs are living. Every "other" stage could have RH music, but the demo seems to be using default music settings, where only a few songs are turned on per stage unless the stage is from a series with only one stage, but lots of songs (which is why we have so many Mega Man confirmations, for example)

If anyone has seen any of these come up in demo footage, let me know. Pictochat and Find Mii are two where I was kinda thinking I saw footage, but then I second guessed myself. So maybe there is footage of those?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if generic gamecube adapters will work with this? I still have a couple of gc controllers and I can't find an official adapter for a reasonable price near me so I was thinking of picking up something like this: https://smile.amazon.de/Gamecube-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-Slots/dp/B00RSXRLUE/
They do. I remember Nintendo secretly added GCN controller support a long time ago, which made people wonder if Smash or a GCN VC was coming. So if the GCN adapter worked on the Wii U it should work on the Switch. I wish I could use my original GCN controller for Smash Ultimate but the stick is just too messed up to tilts and smashes accurately. I will still bury it with me though.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying this game looks so fast, but when you overlay movement speed from 4 on top, it's virtually unchanged.

I assume this means it's more the reduced landing lag and changes to knockback allowing people to retaliate quicker that make them say it looks faster.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
People keep saying this game looks so fast, but when you overlay movement speed from 4 on top, it's virtually unchanged.

I assume this means it's more the reduced landing lag and changes to knockback allowing people to retaliate quicker that make them say it looks faster.
Everyone now has the same (much faster) jump squat speed (the time it takes to start to jump to getting into the air), and aerial landing lags are down across the board.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Knew about the landing lag, didnt know about the jump squat speed. Dang, that's gonna be nice for heavier characters.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You guys thought Zelda in Smash 4 was tops That's a Jojo reference

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now that the TIPS section is robust now we can see all the real differences (if there are any for some of them...) of each echo fighter immediately after we unlock them.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Their differences will be datamined long before any of us have access to the Tips section

Yeah probably. I am braced for complete disappointment as I have been binge watching Peach and Daisy footage and they look extremely similar besides animations... Surely they wouldn't make THREE echo fighters the exact same? Right?!?

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
So the smash bros reddit community had a survey with about 6000 responses.

GydSqLa.png

54hiisj.png

07HtNKj.png

NMHRdJi.jpg

PWX4a4H.jpg

lol at the dlc results. you know Sakurai was generous with his picks.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
Knowing that the classic mode route for Ryu will simulate the fights from Street Fighter II, which characters from Smash do you guys think will be used to represent the characters from SFII?

Ken well, will be represented by Ken.
Chun-Li
we already know will be represented by Zero Suit Samus.
Zangief
is kinda easy, it is very likely to be Incineroar.
E. Honda
this one is a bit harder...I'd say King Dedede is the one that fits the bill best, but I can see it being Donkey Kong or Kirby as well.
Balrog is very easy, it will certainly be Little Mac.
Guile is tough...my heart says Captain Falcon, but I think Snake and Fox as possible as well
Blanka I'm pretty sure Sakurai won't lose the opportunity of making it be Pikachu
Dhalsim
I have no idea. It might be Charizard, for its fire breathing ability, or Zelda, because of Din's Fire.
Vega I think the most likely is Meta Knight, because of the mask, sharp weapon, and acrobatic style. But I can see it being Lucina as well.
Sagat is a tough one. Perhaps C. Falcon, if he doesn't represent Guile, but Lucario is another possible one.
M. Bison will be Ganondorf, for sure. Both are villains, both wear capes, both have purple magic attacks.

MoonGirard

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
Knowing that the classic mode route for Ryu will simulate the fights from Street Fighter II, which characters from Smash do you guys think will be used to represent the characters from SFII?

Ken well, will be represented by Ken.
Chun-Li
we already know will be represented by Zero Suit Samus.
Zangief
is kinda easy, it is very likely to be Incineroar.
E. Honda
this one is a bit harder...I'd say King Dedede is the one that fits the bill best, but I can see it being Donkey Kong or Kirby as well.
Balrog is very easy, it will certainly be Little Mac.
Guile is tough...my heart says Captain Falcon, but I think Snake and Fox as possible as well
Blanka I'm pretty sure Sakurai won't lose the opportunity of making it be Pikachu
Dhalsim
I have no idea. It might be Charizard, for its fire breathing ability, or Zelda, because of Din's Fire.
Vega I think the most likely is Meta Knight, because of the mask, sharp weapon, and acrobatic style. But I can see it being Lucina as well.
Sagat is a tough one. Perhaps C. Falcon, if he doesn't represent Guile, but Lucario is another possible one.
M. Bison will be Ganondorf, for sure. Both are villains, both wear capes, both have purple magic attacks.

Sheik is a good contender for Vega.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

There's the aforementioned jump squats and faster startup on dashes, but a big thing for me is seeing how much more often characters are engaging with each other in ultimate. Compared to 4 neutral is more agressive with stronger offensive options, and disadvantage is way more explosive because of less landing lag, bad air dodges, and worse recoveries.

Even if like the running speed isn't really any faster (it's quite fast in 4 too tbf) characters are just on top of each other way more

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Yeah probably. I am braced for complete disappointment as I have been binge watching Peach and Daisy footage and they look extremely similar besides animations... Surely they wouldn't make THREE echo fighters the exact same? Right?!?

They promoted echoes to be that so......

Cant wait to play as Daisy, seeing that Spain player win the tournament with Daisy was hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.