• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
So what, you think "Jane" will be an Echo Fighter free for all Joker owners, or with Joker come with only half of his alt costumes (that latter one isn't happening because of 8-Player Smash btw).
I don't buy Jane at all lol. Not because I think the Datamine is lying but Because I know nothing of Persona 5. It's just me guessing on the little that I've read.

And I'm sticking to update later on. Wrong or right. I don't care. Just let me play as the new character.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Perhaps the update will be in late April after all but we'll get footage now. By the Persona Concert we might see Jane for real.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Perhaps the update will be in late April after all but we'll get footage now. By the Persona Concert we might see Jane for real.
But would Nintendo really be sending out press materials like this way before the update actually comes out?

In any case, I wouldn't be mad if we got our look at 3.0 but we still had to wait a bit for it; I just need to see it with my own eyes.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
"Approaching" seemed to imply something was coming very soon, the leak seems to imply that further.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
But would Nintendo really be sending out press materials like this way before the update actually comes out?

In any case, I wouldn't be mad if we got our look at 3.0 but we still had to wait a bit for it; I just need to see it with my own eyes.

When a character gets gameplay shown, their render goes up on the site, regardless of when they come out. This happened with Piranha Plant and every Smash 4 DLC character.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
When a character gets gameplay shown, their render goes up on the site, regardless of when they come out. This happened with Piranha Plant and every Smash 4 DLC character.
Yes, I know, but I don't see why they would send out this stuff now to promote an announcement for future content, or why Best Buy would include it in an ad for the next week specifically if this content was actually still weeks away.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yes, I know, but I don't see why they would send out this stuff now to promote an announcement for future content, or why Best Buy would include it in an ad for the next week specifically if this content was actually still weeks away.

Presumably a bunch of press sites will report "Joker gameplay revealed in Smash Direct," using the render as part of the announcement, and search engine algorithms will link people to stuff like the Best Buy site.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I don't think the "approaching" change means anything. It wouldn't exactly make sense to say "Approaching: April" while we're in April

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
You'll never see it coming when 3.0 randomly drops on April 1st; featuring Joker, Mementos, 26 Persona series music tracks, new Persona 5 spirits, Wave 1 of the Mii Costumes available to purchase, Home-Run Contest and Stage Builder available as new modes and compatibility with Smash World for mobile.

But then it turns out that the entire update was an April Fools joke, and Challenger Pack 1 was Bubsy the entire time.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
As far as recognizable IP goes, they really only have Tekken and maybe Tales left.
PFT79xy.png

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy wouldn't have been given the render unless a reveal was imminent, so this bodes well.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Sad times when Katamari is completely forgotten despite even having a release on Switch. Just goes to show how far as a community we've fallen.

But good news is that prayers from the rightous (i.e. not us) have been heard and it looks like The Prince is coming to Smash after all!

UDm6nMc.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Some posters have done really bad marketing for Haruka, because she has become my least wanted character for Smash. I'd take Goku over her. GOKU.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to rationalize the leak. There's no way Nintendo would have provided the render a month in advance if Joker's trailer was slated for the Persona concert. Online retailers sometimes accidentally reveal things a few days early (sometimes even hours, in the case of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3), so hopefully this means we're getting a Smash Direct later this week.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Why would Best Buy post an April Fools day joke on their site a day early based on a product that is very much real?

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Wasn't there a leak saying that Joker from Persona and Erdrick from Dragon Souls were both in the game? So if that Joker leak is legit and he is actually in Smash, then that basically confirms Edrick too? wow
april fools

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I wish DLC characters were unlockable. The starting roster should always be the original 8, but DLC messes that up
i mean if you consider unlock condition: buying dlc it's not that messed up. Before even looking at the roster you can go make a mii, even.

put miis in their proper order on the CSS, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.