• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
It's actually kind of crazy how nobody predicted Wii Fit Trainer, but 2012-2013 was a different time. I feel like if we discussed this list today someone would notice just how well the Wii Fit poses work as fighting attacks.
When people are unironically proposing Tetrimino for Smash, Wii Fit Trainer suddenly doesn't seem so outlandish anymore.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually kind of crazy how nobody predicted Wii Fit Trainer, but 2012-2013 was a different time. I feel like if we discussed this list today someone would notice just how well the Wii Fit poses work as fighting attacks.

Keep in mind, Sakurai shot down Villager for Brawl due to being "too peaceful". So that's yet another reason why Wii Fit Trainer was on no one's mind before she got unveiled.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
At the time, a character like that was a little too outlandish still. Some people thought at most a balance board item or AT like nintendog, and yea like said above, villager wasn't even in either yet because it wouldn't make sense as playable.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people would just lump the Miis with Wii Fit, as the "Wii" series ala Sports & Play, and no one would otherwise think twice about it.

also I don't think people really considered the wii fit trainer as, like, a character they'd draw on. She's in one of those games, in the part of the software that doesn't have minigames, you play as the miis in everything else and if you had to pin someone to the wall and pick a wii fit rep people'd probably pick the anthropomorphic wii board mascot.

assuming they just dont go "oh sure the wii fit trainer, she's not even a real character. What's next, a Wii Play rep???????"

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
A playable NES console. Alt costume with the Famicom

SNES/Super Famicom echo fighter

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

banjo-and-keebler-5a7371d140887.jpeg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get the impression that Kid Icarus was always more popular in the west. The Game Boy Kid Icarus was never even released in Japan, from what I understand.

Of Myths and Monsters finally released on the 3DS VC not long before Uprising was released in Japan. The NES Classic was well after that point.

(Japan still never got StarTropics.)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would love it if we got personal stylized trailers like Joker, but that's probably not going to happen.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a bummer that the CGI trailers aren't budgeted for the DLC. Mega Man and Simon's introductions into Smash were really special with those trailers.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If "Brave" really is Erdrick (or some kind of Dragon Quest hero), I'd love to see an animated trailer done in the style of Dragon Ball/Z/Super.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud would be a shot for shot remake of the FF7 opening but without aerith and the train is now smash bros styled

No other characters appear and the chocobo hat sequence is still in-engine

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cloud would be a shot for shot remake of the FF7 opening but without aerith and the train is now smash bros styled

No other characters appear and the chocobo hat sequence is still in-engine

He is riding the Spirit Tracks train thats coming in where he helps Link. (Alfonso is there too!)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Rare Replay use the 360 versions of BK, BT, and Perfect Dark instead of emulating the originals? Might present a problem if we get a Rare Replay Switch.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Didn't Rare Replay use the 360 versions of BK, BT, and Perfect Dark instead of emulating the originals? Might present a problem if we get a Rare Replay Switch.
Most are assuming that they would probably just port those 360 versions to the Switch as a part of the Rare Replay package.

If worst comes to worst, they can just emulate them like the other N64 games, but I don't think they will settle for that.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Most are assuming that they would probably just port those 360 versions to the Switch as a part of the Rare Replay package.

If worst comes to worst, they can just emulate them like the other N64 games, but I don't think they will settle for that.

I think Conker's Bad Fur Day is one of the few emulated N64 games on Rare Replay. (Couldn't tell you why, though, lol.)

(Edit: It's probably because the Xbox version was censored.)

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Give me ToeJam & Earl, and make all of their special moves unidentified presents, which when opened could be anything from a Slingshot to Rocket Skates to Icarus Wings to a Total Bummer that causes you to self-destruct.

Also, everyone buy ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove, it might be my GotY so far, lol.

I'd love that, but I also wanted TJ&E since Brawl. It definitely won't end 2019 as the GotY, but I will agree that it currently holds the title.

Conspiracy theory: what if mentions of Notch in Minecraft were removed in preparation for Minecraft stuff in Smash Bros?

Oh good, I was afraid I was the only one. Hopefully this means they're at least aware of Sugiyama being an issue? Doesn't change the fact he still profits from any & all DQ-related exchanges, though.

• Explorer Wario (with a Wario Land moveset)
  • Teleroboxer
  • Nester
  • Jack Frost
  • The Mariner (from Waterworld)

I would do unholy things for Nester.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind, Sakurai shot down Villager for Brawl due to being "too peaceful". So that's yet another reason why Wii Fit Trainer was on no one's mind before she got unveiled.
I guess the closest thing we have for Ultimate is Ridley who was actually shot down multiple times. It's kind of a shame that he was actually leaked because it would've been nice to see him without any hints of his inclusion

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Chrono Trigger is one of my favorite games of all time and I absolutely positively do not want Crono in Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.