• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It should be Eggman, then Tails, then Knuckles... Then Amy or Shadow.

Knuckles would be super boring IMO outside of The Memes, at least Tails has gadgets, flying, attacks with a tail which only Charizard does at this point IIRC, the perfect Final Smash in the form of the Tornado, and is cute.

Eggman would just work super well with his Eggmobile and its different modes, though. Kinda annoyed Bowser Jr. stole his thunder.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Finished grabbing the platinum of KH3 just in time for the ReMind DLC. Can't wait for Sora.

The trailer should have him walking upon stained glass of Smash Bros with some characters on the ground. Like this but more Smash Bros-related.

pLidjBk.jpg

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Here's a little game, if you had to pick six characters that would draw more internet outrage than a fighter pass of six more Fire Emblem characters, who would they be? Only restriction is they must all be characters from games that already have fighters in Smash, and each character has to be upsetting or controversial in some way.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
It should be Eggman, then Tails, then Knuckles... Then Amy or Shadow.

Knuckles would be super boring IMO outside of The Memes, at least Tails has gadgets, flying, attacks with a tail which only Charizard does at this point IIRC, the perfect Final Smash in the form of the Tornado, and is cute.

Eggman would just work super well with his Eggmobile and its different modes, though. Kinda annoyed Bowser Jr. stole his thunder.
we need more vehicle-based fighters in general
Dr. Wily being revealed as an AT was disheartening

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
The trailer should have him walking upon stained glass of Smash Bros with some characters on the ground. Like this but more Smash Bros-related.

pLidjBk.jpg

Fighting Bayonetta cause he thinks Madama Butterfly is a heartless. As hype as I think Master Chief's trailer is going to be, I think Sora is the only one that could be even more hype due to the already cross-over intensive nature of Kingdom Hearts.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I still play Badge Arcade daily. Can I swerve to Nikki or Ashley? Or is upgrading the Bunny my only option?

Pretty sure making Knuckles playable before Tails will get you excommunicated from the Church of Sonic.
Excommunication Pass:

Rodrigo Borgia
Rhea
Evans
Icon of Sin (somehow)
Deus (Asura's Wrath)
Hyness

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a little game, if you had to pick six characters that would draw more internet outrage than a fighter pass of six more Fire Emblem characters, who would they be? Only restriction is they must all be characters from games that already have fighters in Smash, and each character has to be upsetting or controversial in some way.

Geno, Waluigi, Cinderace (another fire type final starter), Link's Awakening Remake/"Dream" Link (because 'nother Link), Shadow the Hedgehog, and Donkey Kong Jr.

Coincidentally I'd be fine with most of them but they'd get people so mad

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Geno, Waluigi, Cinderace (another fire type final starter), Link's Awakening Remake/"Dream" Link (because 'nother Link), Shadow the Hedgehog, and Donkey Kong Jr.

that's a weird list since Waluigi, Geno, Dream Link and Shadow would make majority of smash community happy tho.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting Bayonetta cause he thinks Madama Butterfly is a heartless. As hype as I think Master Chief's trailer is going to be, I think Sora is the only one that could be even more hype due to the already cross-over intensive nature of Kingdom Hearts.

That's actually good idea there. Also they could go with Mr. Game and Watch too. Remember Mr. Game and Watch in Brawl Subspace!

You know a Smash Bros. themed Station of Awakening might be a clever way to get a Kingdom Hearts stage in without needing to use Disney stuff.

Yeah, that would works too.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

The only one of these that would make me mad (until I got over it) would be Cinderace. He's the starter I picked in Shield and he's cool, but... I'm just so tired of bipedal, human sized Pokemon in Smash at this point. Give me some actual monsters damn it.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
For max rage we wouldn't need 6 characters, just one Goku. People would go nuclear

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Silver The Hedgehog
Goomba
Link's Awakening Link
Reinhardt Schneider
Dragonlord
Alm (no Celica)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
There are TONS of Sonic characters that would upset people far more than Shadow or Silver would (neither would even be all that bad, really).

Like Charmy Bee. Or Erazor Djinn. Or Chris Thorndyke.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
There are better representatives for Tales franchise but I'm totally okay with Lloyd if Sakurai decided to pick him out of all characters. However, I guess you are trying to convince yourself that Tales is out of race so you could feel better about Kos-Mos' chance?

I don't even think Tales had any chance getting in Smash Bros overall.

as someone that previously said Lloyd would happen in smash dlc I feel like this post is really unfair. It's not like I hate Lloyd. I'm a huge tales fan and it is obvious I want KOS-MOS but pinning this on me seems really weird.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FWIW with my list I went with characters that are somewhat viable - Shadow is the most viable Sonic character that'd get people mad, I think. And DK Jr. over Dixie is something that could happen, even if it'd be real weird.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

I could easily do that just with Sonic characters, game ones even

Zazz (Sega puts him in stuff, no one knows why, even literally everyone else in his team is slightly more interesting)
Sonic Man (an interesting joke within context of Sonic '06, not so much when playable)
Werehog (could be fun to play, but wasn't that fun in original, so fans would rather burn him)
Tails Doll (Meeeeemeeeees)
Sonic With A Sword
Forces Avatar

If that's cheating:
Emboar (fire fighting starter)
Dhalsim (another SF 3P + stuff)
Adam Malkovich (symbol of 55% stuff wrong with Other M)
Pink Gold Peach (and you dislike Waluigi?)
Kiddy Kong
The one companion from Persona 5 even Persona 5 fans hate

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
as someone that previously said Lloyd would happen in smash dlc I feel like this post is really unfair. It's not like I hate Lloyd. I'm a huge tales fan and it is obvious I want KOS-MOS but pinning this on me seems really weird.

It's tough since your reputation is Kos-Mos fanboy here so you are willing to believe in any rumors or hints that would profits Kos-Mos in long run. So any disconfirmation or negative stuffs for Namco Bandai, and the better chance Kos Moe could have.

Even getting second Namco-Bandai rep isn't guarantee as well

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Worms WMD....you know, now that I think about it, the titular characters of the Worms series would make for a fantastic Smash moveset. B for the rocket launcher, Up+B for ninja rope, Final Smash being either the Holy Hand Grenade or the Concrete Donkey.
I'd personally see bazooka mounted as one of smash attacks instead, but yeah, a Worm could work really well.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
1. Grooky
2. Camilla
3. Genesis (from Crisis Core)
4. Inky
5. Teddie
6. Sancho (from Dragon Quest V)

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Princess Elise
Princess Elise
Vanilluxe
Oil Man
Mara
Souflee

Note that the first two slots aren't actually a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.