• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think Travis Touchdown makes a lot of sense at this point.

based post
moe0zjk3.png

Mar 23, 2018
Smh, I have to come here to help you all figure this out...

7P81qB4.png

What? Not clear enough? Well, I can't really do much more here so, just gonna put some music here

latest

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I get that Halo isn't super popular in Japan but honestly with Microsoft's involvement in Smash and also Halo still heavily rumored to be coming to Switch, I still think it'd be a missed opportunity to not get Master Chief in. MC vs. Mario vs. Link vs. Cloud vs. Sonic...it'd like some kind of GameFAQs charcter battle come to life.

Like if there's any character to could top Cloud's reveal back in 2015, it'd be the Chief, at least to the western fanbase. I know Steve/Minecraft as a whole is more popular/well known worldwide, but unfortunately even with Banjo in, the hardcore Smash fanbase probably still wouldn't exactly be enthralled with his inclusion.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The ultimate proof that Steve isn't in is that none of the previous 80 characters have been terrible so it seems unlikely that Sakurai would start now.
Exactly.

This is why I can sleep easy tonight knowing that no matter who is revealed tomorrow, Sakurai's excellent taste will ensure that they're cool.

Kass15

Jan 14, 2018
Wait Gamexplain are saying it's Pyra or Edelgard? Fuck yeah I hope they actually know something and they're both revealed as part of wave 2.

Edit: you all know it would be so cool if after wave 1 being only male 3rd parties Sakurai made wave 2 female 1sr parties. Pyra, Edelgard, Dixie, Impa, Captain Syrup or Ashley let's FUCKIN GO.
This would be amazing

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The amount of vitriol Steve still gets is pretty funny even after Banjo got in. He's not a character I would be excited for but it wouldn't be hard to imagine how they could come up with a good moveset and stage for him, not even touching the legacy of Minecraft.

Is it just PTSD from Ugly Steve trolls? More letting people living in heads rent free?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The amount of vitriol Steve still gets is pretty funny even after Banjo got in. He's not a character I would be excited for but it wouldn't be hard to imagine how they could come up with a good moveset and stage for him, not even touching the legacy of Minecraft.

Is it just PTSD from Ugly Steve trolls? More letting people living in heads rent free?
Nah, I just think a Minecraft stage is the best representation for the game; something i've stuck for awhile now, even after Banjo's confirmation and release.

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe

Why did Banjo get in, but not Crash Bandicoot?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

It's literally just that I don't like his design and I don't want to have to look at it while playing Smash

I'd be fine with a Minecraft stage or Frog Girl as an MC rep.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Ugly Steve should actually be called "Uglier Steve", to reflect the fact that Steve is already very ugly

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

I just don't like him.

I've never cared for Minecraft at all, and his design sucks. Like, I'm not super fond of the likes of Arle or Hayabusa, but I can still see the appeal of having them in the game and I'm not against them, but with Steve it's just "Minecraft makes big money, so let's put this ugly non-character in Smash" which is lame.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
MS character will be Master Chief but they are saving it in case All-Stars 2 is announced for ps5 launch, as the ultimate FU as Cloud was to the first.

OmegaNeon

Dec 16, 2019
the general universe
I just don't like him.

I've never cared for Minecraft at all, and his design sucks. Like, I'm not super fond of the likes of Arle or Hayabusa, but I can still see the appeal of having them in the game and I'm not against them, but with Steve it's just "Minecraft makes big money, so let's put this ugly non-character in Smash" which is lame.
His design doesn't suck. That's the way Minecraft's graphics WORK. If it wasn't all blocky, it would just be Legend of Zelda.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Mekanos and the discussion around Steve right here

Just don't like him either, no need to make any theories about creepy Steve or anything, I just think he looks like blocky booty, has no character at all and a dubious choice of shirt colour.

my twitter is much more dignified than that, you stupid fowl!
Well it is a low bar to clear so I can believe it

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My uncle is sakurai's janator.

The 5th DLC character is

super mario, but with a silly hat

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well the wait is over tomorrow in part at least. Glad we have no idea who it is and look forward to the surprise of the reveal. Also hoping it releases in the next week and has a rocking song list

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Hey now, I'm not exactly pro-Steve, I just can't summon up the energy to get upset over his inclusion in a post-Banjo world.
I won't be upset if Steve gets in either; Sakurai could make a fun moveset with him. Minecraft does have a place in the largest video game crossover of all time, I just wish that place was, well... literally just a place for the gaming all-stars to fight on.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Again, so sorry for starting the entire steve thing
You don't need to apologise for that.

We're always dunking on each other and potential characters in here anyway, it's 90% of this thread
Hey now, I'm not exactly pro-Steve, I just can't summon up the energy to get upset over his inclusion in a post-Banjo world.
I'd grumble and then move on I think, the first party DLC drought has at least freed me from falling into LIMITED SLOTS logic

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'd honestly hate Steve just because I think the only unique thing you could have him do, which is build, would be absolutely awful to play against or watch.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
15 hours left, no leaks yet. I guess I'm leaving the internet in a few hours.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got my Never Ever so I don't think I'm allowed to get huffy if someone I hate is picked.

But I would like to enjoy every character that gets in, or at the very least understand why they did, and so far that's gone as planned.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am going to bed but being a Scottish Guy i am going to wake up before the Direct and i can't stop myself from waiting for my University Coursework Result which may come tomorrow and then there's this..

Status
Not open for further replies.