• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
At this point, the only thing I'm putting stock in whatsoever is that F5 has a reasonably strong connection to Nintendo, which basically just means a character that's not on the Joker/Cloud end of the spectrum, thereby ruling out the likes of Kiryu, 2B, and Dante.

Obviously, this doesn't narrow anything down, so we're really not that far from square one.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Maybe we should stop hounding him for details and either take him at his word or leave it. People have already done a good enough job chasing him off with a bunch of extraneous questions. He's said his piece, do what you want with it.

Fair enough but if this is the same sources as Sabi and Verge then we got nowhere.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
At this point, the only thing I'm putting stock in whatsoever is that F5 has a reasonably strong connection to Nintendo, which basically just means a character that's not on the Joker/Cloud end of the spectrum, thereby ruling out the likes of Kiryu, 2B, and Dante.

Obviously, this doesn't narrow anything down, so we're really not that far from square one.

Dante has the strongest connection out there when it comes to

Pizza

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I thought Zippo was talking about Travis until he said "it's a weird situation." There's absolutely zero ambiguity regarding Travis' parenthood. I really can't think of anyone who fits all of Zippo's clues besides maybe Geno, but Zippo's been so vague and borderline contradictory that I don't see the point in slaving over his words when we're only a day away from the reveal. It could be anyone.
Could be any partnered character like Tsubasa or Linkle or Lana

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah, the hints are so confusing as to feel meaningless. I appreciate Zippo telling us what he allegedly heard, but I somehow feel like I know less now than I did before he said anything.
The Zippo thing feels like a huge game of telephone and the message has been so corrupted by this point the it's virtually worthless without any other extra details.

I don't mean to doubt Zippo or their source but the number of people who know who it actually is probably isn't that high to begin with.
The hints are so vague in the end, and been backtracked multiple times (before apparently being good again), that you might just as well ignore that tbh.
Game of telephone as you said.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Zippo was talking about Travis until he said "it's a weird situation." There's absolutely zero ambiguity regarding Travis' parenthood. I really can't think of anyone who fits all of Zippo's clues besides maybe Geno, but Zippo's been so vague and borderline contradictory that I don't see the point in slaving over his words when we're only a day away from the reveal. It could be anyone.
This was sort of alluded to in a few of the posts shared between me and 11.0 but the big questioning point that a lot of Suda fans have had about No More Heroes is that, even setting aside the fact that the series was only brought back because Nintendo requested Suda to make it, a lot of us have been kind of confused where Grasshopper would've found the capital to reacquire at least the majority rights to the franchise (and I stress this because at the early 2010s the full rights were still attributed to Marvelous) when signs pointed around late 2018 that they'd substantially downsized on top of Nintendo now being a major client for them, much like GungHo and Kadokawa (the former of which are their parent company and the latter of which were an investor during the seventh gen). NMH3 having a budget and TSA having all these cross-company collabs (not just indies but partners like Capcom, EA and animation studios like Kamikaze Douga) despite being an "indie sized" endeavor was suspect back then and even more curious moving into NMH3 given that Grasshopper themselves are still really small as of present.

The popular theory for the time being was that Nintendo may have signed a marketing/distribution deal which may had resulted in enough money for them to basically allow Grasshopper to take the reigns back on the franchise, with the series mainly targeting Nintendo platforms. Passing Assassin made the point last night that Zippo's correction still works in Travis' favor given that TSA was eventually ported to PS4/Steam multiple months after release at Marvelous' behest, though this was clearly a much smaller priority affair and the series is still mainly Nintendo oriented as of right now. Theoretically NMH3 could eventually land on other platforms but given the TSA ports were an absolute sales bomb and since it was a small game less designed with Switch's capabilities (NMH3 from what we understand is most likely going to make use of split joycon controls a fair deal), it's not looking too likely that NMH3 will get ported despite the option being there. With those circumstances I think it's pretty fair to assume NMH's state is kind of "complicated" despite Grasshopper now being partial co-owners.

That being said, I agree with you that it could be anyone at this point. The bar for "third party with a strong Nintendo connection" is a pretty easy one to cross, and only really discounts names like Dante, 2B, etc. It even works to Arle's favor given the SNES Switch offerings and Puyo Tetris making it west thanks to Switch.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I honestly think you just went after him hard because he disconfirmed Kos-Mos. Just Chill. I meant there are another chances for her in the future (wave 2)

I can be passionate when it comes to KOS-MOS, yes. That was not my reason for doubting him, however. Sabi out out of the blue just says this? Like really? How come Sabi's source doesn't have the same info then? It is all one big bizarre occurrence.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
2B is close to Nintendo because my PC is only a few feet away from my Switch dock

I can be passionate when it comes to KOS-MOS, yes. That was not my reason for doubting him, however. Sabi out out of the blue just says this? Like really? How come Sabi's source doesn't have the same info then? It is all one big bizarre occurrence.
I think Zippo has already said everything that needs to be said. And even if Zippo responds to that, Sabi will just make some other shit up to seem like they're still in on it.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Sabi believes Zippo is legit and pretending to be acquainted makes them seem more legit by association.

This isn't new for Sabi.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'm really just not going to pay that much attention to anything any insiders or leakers say about the next character. This is the first time I'm going in blind with no expectations to a character reveal since Joker, which means it's been over a year. I'm looking to be surprised.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Zippo already said his sources aren't the same as Sabi's. And we all know that Sabi will latch on to any bullshit (see: the Pokemon Dash tweet).

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any substantive rumblings out there as to who the character will be? Or is it all just guesses?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
2B is close to Nintendo because my PC is only a few feet away from my Switch dock

I think Zippo has already said everything that needs to be said. And even if Zippo responds to that, Sabi will just make some other shit up to seem like they're still in on it.
I think I have you beat, I have a bunch of the Nier Trading Arts mini figures all around my Switch dock.

Going by the metric of anime figures physically close to my Switch, the next character is either 2B, 9S, Lucas, Solaire, or Jolyne Kujo. Please be excited.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Sure, you are free to doubt him but it just seems the way that you would go out of your way to just disconfirm him or placing a lot of doubts on him so you can feel better about Kos-Mos' chance. It's just reeks of desperation.

Edited: to add to this, I'm not on either side because I chose to remaining to be neutral because Zippo haven't proved himself as a reliable leaker yet.

Excitemike

Dec 20, 2017
A character associated with Nintendo with complicated rights is clearly Popeye, who is public domain in many parts of the world. Sakurai flashing three fingers is the smoking gun.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I think I have you beat, I have a bunch of the Nier Trading Arts mini figures all around my Switch dock.

Going by the metric of anime figures physically close to my Switch, the next character is either 2B, 9S, Lucas, Solaire, or Jolyne Kujo. Please be excited.
Weeeeeeeeeeb

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019

I have 5 Nendoroids. Joker, Red (aka Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Corrin, and Sora. Only one isn't in Smash! It's time.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Zippo already said his sources aren't the same as Sabi's. And we all know that Sabi will latch on to any bullshit (see: the Pokemon Dash tweet).

So what you are saying is that Sabi is making this whole story up. Probable but i'll believe it when I see it. There has been other cases where Verge/Sabi brought someone on board like Hitagi who was full of crap.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like they all missed it and it is being sucked into Byleth behind them D:

I would take any of the 3 lords
I'm suddenly struck with the mental image of Byleth as some kind of human gravity well whose skin just randomly attracts loose litter like a preindustrial vacuum and I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to do with that visualization.

Crash is quite literally a walking abomination tho
I'm not gonna disagree with that or say I personally want Crash because that'd admittedly be a lie, but what I am gonna say is that everything gonk about Crash is gonk 2x in Rare's designs and that Sakurai somehow prettied those the hell up to a not-insignificant degree so like. . .eh? In the interest of objectivity any visual design is probably going to pan out better than whatever mental image people cook up, give or take an idea.

Unless you mean literally literally, in which case I think you're forgetting who's making this game LOL

CheapJi

Apr 24, 2018
for some reason i feel like dante is gonna be in the game, but hes not gonna be the fighter 5. rather he is going to be the first fighter of the second fighter pass.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning everyone. I had a dream I learned who the last character was, but now I've forgotten it. Sorry y'all. I could have been an oracle.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Sure, you are free to doubt him but it just seems the way that you would go out of your way to just disconfirm him or placing a lot of doubts on him so you can feel better about Kos-Mos' chance. It's just reeks of desperation.

Edited: to add to this, I'm not on either side because I chose to remaining to be neutral because Zippo haven't proved himself as a reliable leaker yet.

Not desperate. More like ... I dont know what to believe anymore and that's causing me to doubt every leaker.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Amazing. We knew about Ridley, Banjo, Hero, Terry, Incinerorar, K. Rool, etc.

Yet this new character is being revealed in about 20 hours and we know nothing.

I feel this is because it's its own thing. A regular direct has a lot of moving parts and people involved that could leak it. A Sakurai video only has his core team working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.