• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
2016: February 26 Pokémon Direct - March 3 Nintendo Direct
2017: June 6 Pokémon Direct - June 13 E3 2017 Nintendo Direct
2019 (1): February 13 Nintendo Direct - February 27 Pokémon Direct
2019 (2): June 5 Pokémon Direct - June 11 E3 2019 Nintendo Direct

General Direct next week practically confirmed baby; Pokemon Directs air within 1-2 weeks from one.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon rep you say?

812.gif

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
If Fighter 5 is actually Zigzagoon I will die of happiness.

ShockingImpeccableAlbino-size_restricted.gif

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
calm down folks, we're still getting the 5th fighter announced this month

I doubt they'll announce it in February, even if early in the month. They'll need some time to advertise the character...

unless, of course, the released is delayed and they won't hit that February 2020 deadline 'v'

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We're probably going to get the general Direct within the next week or two, so I'm not too miffed. If anything, I'm more disappointed that Game Freak may not be taking a year off from doing a mainline release (because after Sw/Sh, the D/P remakes could use all the time in the oven as they can get).

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
We're probably going to get the general Direct within the next week or two, so I'm not too miffed. If anything, I'm more disappointed that Game Freak may not be taking a year off from doing a mainline release (because after Sw/Sh, the D/P remakes could use all the time in the oven as they can get).
there was no indication they'd ever do that, frankly.. It was always wishful thinking.

Sword & Shield sold really well and the D&P remakes were probably in the pipeline for them for quite sometime. So it's kinda inevitable they'd announce as early they could.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
there was no indication they'd ever do that, frankly.. It was always wishful thinking.

Sword & Shield sold really well and the D&P remakes were probably in the pipeline for them for quite sometime. So it's kinda inevitable they'd announce as early they could.
Yeah, but hopefully the response to Sword and Shield will get them to push back Gen 9 at least. I'm sure Pokemon Gun and Pokemon Crazy Diamond and Jammin' Pearl are already in the works, but after that at least it would wonderful if they could reasses since it's clearly not working.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The new character is Leon with Gmax charizard. As in, always dynamaxxed
Ridley literally shaking with rage at no longer being the big boy in town

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ignoring the ridonkulous sales and still decent reviews, I regret to inform you a sword/shield planned character 5 has been cancelled due to fan backlash.
In swift desperation Sakurai fell back on an old idea...
3824.jpg

He's in, possibly evolved

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I know it's another fire Pokemon, but Cinderace could actually be unique as a playable character. Since we can't get Daisy in her sports-gear, a sports-Pokemon would be a nice second.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Yeah, but hopefully the response to Sword and Shield will get them to push back Gen 9 at least. I'm sure Pokemon Gun and Pokemon Crazy Diamond and Jammin' Pearl are already in the works, but after that at least it would wonderful if they could reasses since it's clearly not working.
Gen 9 will take a while anyway; by the point they release/show, the simple concept of playing Pokémon on Switch will be at least .. what? 3 or 4 enterations improved? like they'd going baby steps with their games like they always do (Let's Go > Sw/Sh > D/P remakes > maybe an Ultra Sw/Sh > Gen 9); I expect the usual gradual changes over time on the formula and engine

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

General Direct next week practically confirmed baby; Pokemon Directs air within 1-2 weeks from one.

Louder for the people in the back.

Seriously the Direct thread is straight-up embarrassing. Shows people ain't even looking to connect dots when we had two Pokemon directs last year.

Hell last September's direct explicitly advertises having Pokemon SwSh info, something the other ones didn't do. It seems to me like Nintendo considers the two to be complimentary, setting up a Pokemon Direct around the same time when they have a chunky block of Pokemon info that'd make the general directs too long.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Introducing, the Cut Pokemon Trainer.

Featuring Decidueye, Blastoise and I guess Plusle & Minun (Pichu clones).

Aug 12, 2019
It's not that bad since Terry got released two months ago.

It's ridiculous that people are getting incredibly impatients with upcoming news.

I mean, this is literally the most silent period we've had for Ultimate since it was properly shown off at E3 2018. It has been 62 days since Terry was released and with a Pokemon Direct we'll be waiting at a minimum a total of 67 days for news (longer if there isn't a Direct exactly on next Monday). For reference, the only other truly "silent period" we had (as in, we didn't know what was happening, Joker's period from reveal to release was 6 months, but we knew he was coming and we also got Piranha Plant in the interim) was from Joker's release to E3 2019 which was 55 days and we knew that there were still 4 unannounced fighters and had a date for E3 that we could prepare ourselves for. The only other major period of "no idea" about Smash was literally from Ultimate's reveal in March 2018 to E3 2018, and then we had so much more to speculate on and again a set date for E3 2018 to look forward to. We're in the literally least informative period with no set end date of Ultimate's entire life cycle, so while I agree that people are terribly impatient (especially as someone who lived through Brawl and Smash 4 with absolutely nailbiting anticipation), but we've also been horribly spoiled with constant news throughout Ultimate's cycle and people are extremely anxious to see what comes of post pass DLC considering many people have favorites seem to only really have a chance post launch and many people would like to see if they go full on second pass or not. And that goes without mentioning how much hype went nowhere for The Game Awards and then people assumed a general Direct would be coming only to be sidelined by a Pokemon Direct first.

Like, I agree people are sounding impatient as hell, but it's also totally understandable in the current context of Ultimate.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Plusle & Minun would never be in tho then haha

Also what other cut Pokemon are there from development?
Oh, I was suggesting just not using a cut 'mon for the last Trainer slot, but if we have to, then I guess we just need to find a way to declone Plusle and Minun.

Quick, someone waste like twenty minutes charting out a unique moveset for decidedly non-unique Pokemon!

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
I am think Cinderace given Sakurai's habit of going with the Fire Starter if he choses a starter.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I just woke up. What have I mi--

*Sees the thread has descended into Pokemon Direct-invoked chaos.*

Good thing I didn't pin all of my hopes on this week, next week, or even January.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019

Good thing I didn't pin all of my hopes on this week, next week, or even January.
It's okay, I don't think anyone's actually thinking a Pokemon is getting in.

... No one's actually thinking that, right?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

If anything it practically confirms January and makes next week very likely:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I mean Pokémon directs are almost always followed by a general direct within a week and a half or so so it's good news

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
If it weren't for that spirit event, I'd say that there was a very good shot the next newcomer would be a Pokemon announced at this direct. Now I just think there's a sorta good chance.

Bring on the Dracovish pseudo-clone of P.Plant!

Status
Not open for further replies.