• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Kamiya retweeted someone asking for Amaterasu as CP5. Like, this one random post with no likes and one retweet (being his).

She's totally in; undeniable proof right here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this thread is insane
Crazed fans in this thread be like:
_3fYL8i6Q-n-155t3dn_4ibmr7CXmsW3cHWcNJqvO8noUaDtFFkNFgKso3Kx7XLC

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Props to BGBW for the inspiring idea.
To be fair, it's more like:

Thank you to BGBW for putting together the nice looking sprite for me! Hopefully you're not too mad that I made a few alterations!

Props for Mondo for salvaging that mess of an avatar.
Mess? It was a very beautiful avatar; but I can't stand for the inaccuracy of giving Susie a nose and mouth.

Don't question the lack of her eyelashes; they just didn't look right!

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Mess? It was a very beautiful avatar; but I can't stand for the inaccuracy of giving Susie a nose and mouth.

Don't question the lack of her eyelashes; they just didn't look right!
The inaccuracies further made it even worse. Now it is just simplified enough.

The OG template bothers me. The combo of eyes, nose & mouth… it annoys me. It annoyed as Haruka, Reimu & Susie. And I like Susie, so it managed to ruin her too.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact: Wario Ware Gold confirms it is called Baby Face. Said game is also full of great little cameos of everyone's favourite Mario Paint stamp.

IMG_20200103_1351462.jpg

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I always thought it was weird that Mario Maker takes so many aesthetic queues from Mario Paint but never actually took the step to be a true spiritual successor and add in some of the old aspects of it.

Like the Mario Paint Composer tool would be a great addition to the game but instead if you want to make Megalovania you have to painstakingly place 1,000 noteblocks.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I always thought it was weird that Mario Maker takes so many aesthetic queues from Mario Paint but never actually took the step to be a true spiritual successor and add in some of the old aspects of it.

Like the Mario Paint Composer tool would be a great addition to the game but instead if you want to make Megalovania you have to painstakingly place 1,000 noteblocks.
I mean, the Mario Paint elements make sense since based on how the project came into fruition: Tezuka wanted to make a Mario Paint successor using the GamePad; but after a pitch to turn an internal level creating tool into a commercial product, he decided that would be much more marketable and accessible product (though he was still "inspired to bring the fun of Mario Paint into this course editor", as he put it).

The Composer tool should absolutely be a feature in Mario Maker though; yeah.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Taura reaffirming in the latest Famitsu interview that Astral Chain outdid sales expectations. This is the year when we'll be fighting for a paradise.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
A shame the Wario Ware DIY composer (Wario Ware DIY also being a Mario Paint successor, if not more of one) didn't quite take off like the Mario Paint one. Probably cos it isn't as visually interesting compared to the music bar full of silly stamps/harder to record.

EDIT: Example

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's been almost a month since the Game Awards, which is crazy to me.

I'm thinking a shadow drop (or same week release) is getting more and more likely.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
There's either a general direct next week or a standalone reveal like Robin/Lucina next week. Don't see them shadow dropping fighter 5.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
It's not that bad since Terry got released two months ago.

It's ridiculous that people are getting incredibly impatients with upcoming news.
It's because the deadline is so close, and no character has been released the same month they were revealed. So it feels like we're being made to wait for something that's definitely more than ready to show off by now, especially if we don't see it 'til February.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Impidimp was not the fighter 5 I expected but probably the one I deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.