• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer comics to watching TV, so I gravitate towards manga.

This is really bad because physical volumes of Vinland Saga cost $30 CAD whereas I could get the same experience with a subscription service.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I prefer comics to watching TV, so I gravitate towards manga.

This is really bad because physical volumes of Vinland Saga cost $30 CAD whereas I could get the same experience with a subscription service.
But without sales, publishers have a harder time justifying acquiring the licenses and the cost to translate/localize. As I recall, Vinland Saga ran the risk of its English release getting cancelled due to flagging sales for a while.

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
There wouldn't really be that much salt. The main reason people were so apprehensive about Steve in the past was the notion that he and Banjo & Kazooie were in competition for being the "Microsoft rep" this Fighters Pass. But now that the latter is in, it's not really that big of a deal anymore.

I guess it'd get under the skin of Halo/Master Chief fans.
Oh no, there would still be plenty of salt. People still don't like the idea of Steve being in Smash

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But without sales, publishers have a harder time justifying acquiring the licenses and the cost to translate/localize. As I recall, Vinland Saga ran the risk of its English release getting cancelled due to flagging sales for a while.

Oh well.

The only responsibility the customer has is to find the best deal for themselves. Vinland Saga is legit my favourite manga but if it got cancelled that just means an old market can't provide for it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Do you really think there's Game and Watch memes.?

Really?

a46.jpg

90f1270a5b282ac809c0f352c96acf71eb7c2bf1r1-418-783v2_uhq.jpg

Never doubt the internet to meme

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
How long until a stressed-out Nintendo fan sets an amiibo on fire in the name of a Direct?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
What a really unsubtle request.

48zwbom.png

Also Baby Face cares not for accuracy. It only cares to Baby all Faces.
Well, since you went through the effort of doing this, i'm obligated to swap to it when I get home in a few hours. didn't even get to wear this current avatar for a week :(

Last edited:

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
What a really unsubtle request.

48zwbom.png

Also Baby Face cares not for accuracy. It only cares to Baby all Faces.

If you make me a Master Chief one, I'll wear it until Master Chief gets announced (as soon as I can take off the Geoff avatar of course).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
No believable rumors related to Smash.

The Direct is probably this week or next week.
Thx. How do we know the direct is this week or next week if there are no rumors though?

Latest believable rumours: nintendo is making a Dreamcast 2 and it launches with an M rated sonic Game where he says "f**k"!!!!!!!!!

direct is next year
We already knew about the Dreamcast 2 and Sonic saying fuck though. So nothing new except the date of the direct. I hope it's January 2021 then, and not February 2021. 12 months is enough, don't wanna wait 13 months.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Thx. How do we know the direct is this week or next week if there are no rumors though?
Well, I said there aren't any rumors relating to Smash, not that there aren't any rumors relating to a Direct.

We've got Pikmin 3 and 3D World ports coming this year, and Era's Nintendo insider trio (Emily, Nate and Zell) are all on Team January in the Direct thread. It's happening.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I said there aren't any rumors relating to Smash, not that there aren't any rumors relating to a Direct.

We've got Pikmin 3 and 3D World ports coming this year, and Era's Nintendo insider trio (Emily, Nate and Zell) are all on Team January in the Direct thread. It's happening.
Okay nice I'm convinced. Thank you.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The trick is that most characters are elegible at this point, so you can just name whoever you want:

We're getting Yumetaro, Susie and/or Chibi-Robo; it is written.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Name 3 potential future fighters you think could be revealed in the next direct
Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Master Chief

Ryu Hayabusa as a potential fighter 5, the other two as potential fighters for #6.

I really do think it's possible that we'll get #6 revealed this direct in addition to #5. At the very least I hope they outline how post-pass characters will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.