• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Remember a month ago when an intern posted a picture of Daisy and various people online took it as a genuine hint at the next character?

Now imagine that, but the pictures actually come from Sakurai and it's every day.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Time Crisis 2 is a legit arcade game. I support this now
Only game in the series i've played; a local arcade has had the same Daytona USA and Time Crisis II cabinets for decades now, lol. Retired a lot of their other retro arcade games unfortunately; got rid of the Konami Simpsons game just earlier this year, I believe.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every day Sakurai sends his staff a funny Smash picture and posts an update on what games he's been playing. The perks of being a Smash developer.

I'd honestly probably buy a hardback copy of "Sakurai Dev Journal" with all that stuff.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018

They wasted Roy's echo slot on Chrom it's kinda sad when you think about it.

What Gold Arsene said. Also unless you have a better alternative for an echo maybe the complaint isn't really valid huh.

Sigurd was robbed

It will never ever happen but man I'd love to see the top 100 list and vote totals of that thing.
Are you serious about Sigurd winning over chrom
But real talk i would love to see that vote total. There's probably some inconvenient stuff in there (Goku dominating etc., Geno probably dominating the polls over stuff like Cloud/Ryu)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Characters that made it into the biggest fighting game in the world based on nothing of their own merit but purely because they were an easy addition that was similar to another character have big Ringo Starr energy.

Basically Pichu, Roy, Lucas, Chrom, and Dark Pit are the Ringos of Smash.

Plusle and Minum are Pete Best.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
What Gold Arsene said. Also unless you have a better alternative for an echo maybe the complaint isn't really valid huh.

But real talk i would love to see that vote total. There's probably some inconvenient stuff in there (Goku dominating etc., Geno probably dominating the polls over stuff like Cloud/Ryu)
Oh no I'm sure he didn't win any polls, I just think he would have been a cool Roy echo.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

How about a Top 100 with the throwaway Goku and Goku-like votes dropped from the list?

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Oh no I'm sure he didn't win any polls, I just think he would have been a cool Roy echo.
Honestly that slot is really easy to fill in (you can add in anything from Eliwood to ryoma in a bad light), so it only makes sense to add in stuff that people voted for? I don't see how Sigurd stands out against any of them.

How about a Top 100 with the throwaway Goku and Goku-like votes dropped from the list?
You could....but i'm sure there's some awkward things in there which would have hardcore fans frothing.
I'm guessing that Geno/Issac actually did really well in the polls as well as stuff like Shovel Knight and possibly Shantae, as well as Cloud/Ryu not ranking high at all (but no one is going to challenge their right).
I definitely do not want to know how well Waluigi did through.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Only game in the series i've played; a local arcade has had the same Daytona USA and Time Crisis II cabinets for decades now, lol. Retired a lot of their other retro arcade games unfortunately; got rid of the Konami Simpsons game just earlier this year, I believe.

Only 2 and 3 are worth playing.

So many great classic arcade games. Daytona needs a rep in Smash.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Only 2 and 3 are worth playing.

So many great classic arcade games. Daytona needs a rep in Smash.

hornet-fighters-megamix-animation.gif

Yeah I'm game, bring on the hornet!

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Eliwood

but if we could have any other echo and not a Roy one I would have liked one for a franchise in need of more representation, not Fire Emblem
He didn't eat into development time and we did get echoes for other series. And i didn't know how Eliwood is objectively better given how Sakurai said Chrom was requested, but i guess ok? It's cool that he's roy's dad and echo-ing him....but that's about it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Eliwood's most striking trait is how utterly bland he is next to Lyn and Hector.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The shortest DLC character reveal to release so far was Hero with 7 weeks. Revealed Jun 11th, released on July 30th.
Character 5 has to release before February 29th so theoretically something has to happen in the next 2 weeks.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Honestly that slot is really easy to fill in (you can add in anything from Eliwood to ryoma in a bad light), so it only makes sense to add in stuff that people voted for? I don't see how Sigurd stands out against any of them.

You could....but i'm sure there's some awkward things in there which would have hardcore fans frothing.
I'm guessing that Geno/Issac actually did really well in the polls as well as stuff like Shovel Knight and possibly Shantae, as well as Cloud/Ryu not ranking high at all (but no one is going to challenge their right).
I definitely do not want to know how well Waluigi did through.
Regardless of how popular Chrom is, he is the third Awakening character in the game. That means Awakening is second to only Pokemon Red in number of representatives from a single game. That's why someone from the FE4/5 duology would have been nice, since FE1/3 have Marth, 6/7 have Roy, 9/10 have Ike, 13 has Robin and Lucina, and 14 has Corrin.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of how popular Chrom is, he is the third Awakening character in the game. That means Awakening is second to only Pokemon Red in number of representatives from a single game. That's why someone from the FE4/5 duology would have been nice, since FE1/3 have Marth, 6/7 have Roy, 9/10 have Ike, 13 has Robin and Lucina, and 14 has Corrin.
Ocarina of Time also has three reps to be fair

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
The shortest DLC character reveal to release so far was Hero with 7 weeks. Revealed Jun 11th, released on July 30th.
Character 5 has to release before February 29th so theoretically something has to happen in the next 2 weeks.
Hopefully soon before it gets leaked. I want to be surprised again.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Ocarina of Time also has three reps to be fair
Oh yeah you're totally right.

I personally disagree with how Young Link counts as an OoT rep while adult Link is an amalgamation of all other Links despite there being more child Links than adult Links in the other games, but yeah that's definitely how Sakurai seems to count him at least.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
If you look at it that way that's fine i guess. I don't necessarily agree with adding things for the sake of representation - we did get a complete representation of the Zelda series with Zelda/Gandonolf's redesign, but that was because they're functionally the same characters (people won't really complain we got ALBW zelda instead of BOTW zelda).
Choosing a character that no one has asked for, even know well or isn't that huge when looking at the franchise history can be seen as pretty questionable, plus there's bound to be stuff that will be missed out (if you add Sigurd, then how about Celica/Alm/Eirika/Ephrahim?).

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Chrom got in because they already had a model for him. There was never going to be any other Fire Emblem character added.

Besides, if you add Sigurd and none of his moves involve him spontaneously combusting, what's the point?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Chrom got in because they already had a model for him. There was never going to be any other Fire Emblem character added.

Besides, if you add Sigurd and none of his moves involve him spontaneously combusting, what's the point?
His shield break could've been a fiery version of Jiggs
That's why Celica should've been a Robin echo.
Truth, give me my pichu self damaging magic without the meter management.

Status
Not open for further replies.