• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
People are scared their series of choice is going to be Resident Eviled...
A Spirit Event is probably the worse representation Katamari could possibly get. No fighter, no stage, no mii costume for me to play pretend with and NO MUSIC. I'd rather stick with the Pac-Man taunt cameo forever than suffer from that fate.

Please don't hurt me Sakurai.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Happy holidays, SmashEra. May Santa Boxxle give you your most wanted newcomer.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
We're waiting for DLC 6. DL-6. On December 24, almost Christmas.

27d.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If the timing was a little different, maybe we would've gotten an almost Christmas Ace Attorney spirit event.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I'm waiting for my kids to go to sleep so I can build a Barbie dream house and play some Smash. Not necessarily in that order.

Merry Christmas, SmashERA. I appreciate you all.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So, um... they didn't announce an event. Last time that happened was the week of the September Direct, so they could avoid spoiling Banjo & Kazooie's shadow-drop.

Hope you're all looking forward to the Boxing Day Smash Direct everyone!

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
So, um... they didn't announce an event. Last time that happened was the week of the September Direct, so they could avoid spoiling Banjo & Kazooie's shadow-drop.

Hope you're all looking forward to the Boxing Day Smash Direct everyone!
I think you mean, Dragalia Digest to reveal AND release Euden in like i dunno 3 minutes or something!!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Dragalia Lost proves once again that Rathalos is the peak of Monster Hunter representation, lol.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays to everyone here . Just thought I'd drop by and spread some well wishes to one of my favorite community's

470044656948740097.png

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they put out a Christmas tweet just a few hours beforehand. It's weird, but we'll see tomorrow.

We don't have the precedence of last year, by the way, since the regular event announcement day was the 26th.

Sakurai added Rathalos though. Twice, even!

I've said it so many times, but the Rathalos boss fight is absolutely the perfect way to rep MonHun. A huge part of the appeal of the series is in its iconic bosses, and the additional gimmicks like armor breaking and stunning it with items are great.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Holidays! I'd hope you all get the chance to play some games, but it's Era so we know that'll never happen.

Me think that I might have play and finish more games than like half of members in this community together.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Here's something from the livestream that Sakurai participated in, courtesy of user Ayumi Tachibana on SmashBoards. Cleaned it up a bit.

Sakurai said in Yosupi Santa livestream that his team really doesn't have a budget. The MC Yosuke Saito from SE laughed "Of course you have some! How much did you sell tho?" but Sakurai responded like "Still, we're selling mere DLC only costs around 500 yen so...", also he said that he wouldn't be show himself in front of camera if he really did have a large budget.

The livestream was super interesting to watch. I think someone will translate Sakurai's part later. Sakurai said he writes daily reports of his inner thoughts and games he played that day, and let his staff read them freely anytime. He said this might be fun if he does this on his Twitter but people go crazy for every time he tweets anything so he doesn't really want to tweet things these days.

What a shame! Those stuffs would be very entertaining to read for sure but I guess sometime people had to ruin it for everyone else..

Also the comment on low budget again, so I wonder if it have any interference on the choices of characters? Or they already spent all budgets on licenses and development. I would rather to see Sakurai being front of the camera because it's more entertaining to hear it from his own thoughts and comments so I don't view that as a bad thing for now. Unless it had some impacts on another things that we're not aware of.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wound up on a Zoo Fandom forum earlier (somehow) and I just want to point out how similar Planet Zoo DLC discourse is to Smash

"The Wolves seem to just be retextured Grey Wolves but are a good species to have overall"

all these wolf echoes smh

Well, the event was announced; they just didn't tweet about it for some reason. What's the theme, you ask?

Shorts. And despite the title being a Pokemon reference, they don't actually have any Pokemon spirits to use.

That's because it's teasing Youngster as a newcomer, clearly

Feb 24, 2018
Question, would Darth Revan qualify for Smash in the same way Sora could (game characters heavily tied to non-video game franchises and both owned by Disney)?

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
If we get a Dragalia Lost character Euden would be such a boring pick. Now that's a game I'd love to see Sakurai pull a Robin/Lucina.

Cleo or Mym please.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Trying to get a full combo on Go My Way!! in Taiko and listening to that song at least twenty times in a row kinda makes me want Haruka less more.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I wound up on a Zoo Fandom forum earlier (somehow) and I just want to point out how similar Planet Zoo DLC discourse is to Smash

"The Wolves seem to just be retextured Grey Wolves but are a good species to have overall"

all these wolf echoes smh

That's because it's teasing Youngster as a newcomer, clearly
Polar Bears weren't in the base game of a zoo simulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.