• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of retro SEGA picks, how about Tether Grab the Character
images

In a just world we'd have shitcanned Sonic after the Genesis and gotten Ristar Adventure.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I'll take some music for Sonic's stages at least.
He needs to be included in something, damn it.

*Cries into a star-shaped pillow*

I like Ristar more than 2D Sonic games and I'm not even one of those "Sonic was never good" guys. He should've been SEGA's Kirby, he's even angrier in US and everything
00CBF2E7BA871C95F32D342AB800BFFEF3BA5C53

America doesn't accept such characters unless they're filled with rage, after all.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you want a world where Ken Penders gets his hands on Ristar?

You stop that right now.

He needs to be included in something, damn it.

*Cries into a star-shaped pillow*

I like Ristar more than 2D Sonic games and I'm not even one of those "Sonic was never good" guys. He should've been SEGA's Kirby, he's even angrier in US and everything
00CBF2E7BA871C95F32D342AB800BFFEF3BA5C53

America doesn't accept such characters unless they're filled with rage, after all.

I love angry Ristar.

siA7C.gif

Puyo Puyo though.

And Sakura Wars get to have a bit of short-lived attention, until it drops world-wide and they can go back to ignoring it.

Someone else had to pay them to make Panzer Dragoon on their own dime. I'm still mad about that.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I tried out The Revenge of Shinobi yesterday.

I don't understand the appeal.

You kind of had to be there

That said Shinobi III is a much better game and you should just play that instead if it's an option.
Shinobi III is right there with Streets of Rage 2 in terms of Genesis OST. I know some people disagree cause it wasn't Yuzo but it was better idgaf what anyone says

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And then he was removed along with the rest of the unclean non-sonic SEGA characters.

That said... now that you mention... dude from YOGCast got in as a racer before him.

That was for charity though so it's hard to get mad about that.

Danica fucking Patrick on the other hand.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I will never forgive Ristar for placing himself on the right half of the screen in a typically left to right platformer, who does that?! smash has no place for such villainy, except when Kirby had his dreamland 3 phrase and the camera scroll couldn't keep up with his sprint.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I will never forgive Ristar for placing himself on the right half of the screen in a typically left to right platformer, who does that?! smash has no place for such villainy, except when Kirby had his dreamland 3 phrase and the camera scroll couldn't keep up with his sprint.
To be fair, the game is slow paced enough that I rarely notice this as an issue.

All in all, a kink that could've been ironed out in later games... that never fucking happened.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
The only real thing I know about Ristar is that banger of a final boss theme. Add that to Smash and we're good.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Better first game than Sonic, at least.
I mean, that should be expected all things considered. Those things being:
  • Sonic 1 already felt super dated just a year later with Sonic 2; and even more-so after Sonic 3.
  • Ristar released at the end of the Mega Drive's life, and by that point Sonic Team had plenty of experience.
If they somehow made something worse than Sonic 1...

it would've just been a sign of things to come.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean, that should be expected all things considered. Those things being:
  • Sonic 1 already felt super dated just a year later with Sonic 2; and even more-so after Sonic 3.
  • Ristar released at the end of the Mega Drive's life, and by that point Sonic Team had plenty of experience.
If they somehow made something worse than Sonic 1...

it would've just been a sign of things to come.

I wasn't sure if saying Sonic 1 isn't very good was a hot take or not, tbh. I was being generous lol.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Late to the party but Shinobi 3 is easily the best 2D one.
The 3DS one second.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, but when will everyone's favourite Sega platforming mascot, Wild Woody, join the Smash roster?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Tales used to be quality stuff until it overfocused on shitty anime plots instead of having a fun heroic fantasy setting and tropey characters.
You do realize that Tales of Phantasia was the stereotype of JRPG stories, right?

The golden era you remember didn't exist. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.