• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really going to feel sorry for Hikari if anyone who isn't KOS-MOS is revealed tomorrow. They seem to be 100% convinced that she's in after the video takedown, and it'd be crushing if she... isn't in.
Hikari gets themselves too worked up sometimes. Should go in thinking their characters has very little chance, better with low expectations.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Yeah before we get too excited over KOS-MOS, don't forget about the two SMRPG songs Nintendo struck down months ago out of the blue which started a bunch of the same speculation.

I don't think KOS-MOS is impossible, but I also don't really think this means she's in and even she is, I think it happening right before TGA is more of a coincidence rather than evidence that her reveal is imminent.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
20191212_141305.jpg

Look at this Nintendo game dominating the poll for fan votes....

Wouldn't it be awesome to announce a rep from it for fighter pass 5?

I hope we will get Edelgard as future DLC, but the five characters of the Season Pass were decided well before (otherwise for example we would have got Rex instead of just a costume).

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Hyped for TGA but I'm in Europe so I will have to watch it tomorrow most likely. Shame that smash dropped off so hard in the Players voice category, but I expect it will take home at least one award tomorrow hopefully not only "best family game". But I'm most hyped for the reveal(s) obviously.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Hyped for TGA but I'm in Europe so I will have to watch it tomorrow most likely. Shame that smash dropped off so hard in the Players voice category, but I expect it will take home at least one award tomorrow hopefully not only "best family game". But I'm most hyped for the reveal(s) obviously.
Jump Force is definitely a hard lock for best fighting game unfortunately, but maybe Smash has a shot at game of the year.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
If there's no revel I'm staying the fuck out of this thread till we get one.

It wouldn't be pretty.

I just can't imagine why Nintendo wouldn't show off the 5th fighter at TGAs. Over 1 million people will be watching live.

And with the character due out in February, it's probably close to done at this point.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I would be extremely suprised if the charcter is someone from a previous third party franchise which is why the Eggman stuff looks fake to me

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Looking at Joker's reveal from last year, I may be reading too much into it but Reggie says Joker "gives us a flavor of how they are approaching DLC":

That, with Sakurai's saying he would like to put as many different franchises in the game tells me that every DLC will be from a new 3rd party franchise.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Joker's reveal from last year, I may be reading too much into it but Reggie says Joker "gives us a flavor of how they are approaching DLC":

That, with Sakurai's saying he would like to put as many different franchises in the game tells me that every DLC will be from a new 3rd party franchise.

Well, yes, that's how the Fighters Pass has been for the past four characters. All of them being previously unrepresented third party IPs.

I sincerely doubt the 5th character will break the mold.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Is it weird that I feel a bit more dread than excitement today? I mean, there's still some excitement there. But I'm worried that the next reveal will continue to exacerbate the existing problems of the roster.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I feel a bit more dread than excitement today? I mean, there's still some excitement there. But I'm worried that the next reveal will continue to exacerbate the existing problems of the roster.

Honestly I'm more concerned about there even being a character reveal at all today.

Feels like it could literally go either way tonight.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
If your problems are "there's not enough diversity", then no, a single character won't change that no matter who it is.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If your problems are "there's not enough diversity", then no, a single character won't change that no matter who it is.
That's one of them, yes (just one won't change much, but progress is progress). But my other concern is the backlash of a number of things (Ex: No reveal, Sabi/Vergeben being wrong.....mainly the resulting toxicity outside of SmashEra, etc.).

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
That's one of them, yes (just one won't change much, but progress is progress). But my other concern is the backlash of a number of things (Ex: No reveal, Sabi/Vergeben being wrong.....mainly the resulting toxicity outside of SmashEra, etc.).

I don't know why people would worrying about those stuff. It would happens if it happens and nothing we could do about it.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, I'm sort of bracing myself for no reveal tonight. Either way, should be some good reveals even if there's nothing for Smash.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
If there's no revel I'm staying the fuck out of this thread till we get one.

It wouldn't be pretty.
The worst you'll get in this thread is some people baffled by Nintendo missing a big opportunity for a reveal and mostly just speculation on when they'll even reveal FP5, due to there being no major events between now and February.

And the usual bickering over niche characters that probably won't ever be in Smash.

This thread isn't really that chaotic. Even after the Corrin reveal, this thread's Smash 4 version was mostly just complaining about how boring she was as a pick, but not like, in a crazy doxxing people on Twitter kind of way

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If there's no reveal then there's no reveal. Christ man there should be no backlash. The damn character is coming in February. It'll just be announced in a month if not here (this isn't directed towards you).

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
You've been worried non-stop on this topic for months now. You rarely joke around here anymore and mostly bring up concerns about the roster. You even call out a few of us out of the blue, like that one time somebody wanted Min-min, you said you don't get why someone would want min min over Twintelle.

You gotta loosen up a bit. Everyone on these SmashEra threads knows you concerns, it's elsewhere you've gotta be raising more awareness. I feel you never have fun in there threads anymore. Others here have the same concerns but are still willing to talk about potential male characters with excitement.

Have some fun around here.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't know why people would worrying about those stuff. It would happens if it happens and nothing we could do about it.
Yeah, if that's the case, those aren't problems with the game (well, outside of the reveal potential), those are community problems that are bigger or smaller depending on where you look. Don't pay much attention to those.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
That (likely take and wrong) Eggman 4chan post got me thinking:

Because we've done a lot better with villains this game, what villain could be lead a new franchise' entry into Smash that could be DLC 5?

My first gut instinct is Nemesis. Definitely recognizable, has even been in fighting games before.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Because we've done a lot better with villains this game, what villain could be lead a new franchise' entry into Smash that could be DLC 5?

None. They never added the villains or side characters before any of the main characters, and (in Nemesis' case) considering that Leon, Chris and Jill are already spirits, well...

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I feel almost of all that post regularly here will accept no reveal without issue. Probably just complaining having to watch the 3 hour show or having to wait until the next direct.

It's the surge of non-regulars that flood the smash threads that makes us look impatient or angry lol

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be worried about how muggins from elsewhere might throw a wobbler based on who or what actually isn't revealed.

It's a flippin' piece of fighting game DLC! Not even the last either!

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
No matter the outcome.. if there is a reveal or not, there will be immature people on the internet rioting as it is the end of the world. Don't worry and just ignore them

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I feel almost of all that post regularly here will accept no reveal without issue. Probably just complaining having to watch the 3 hour show or having to wait until the next direct.

It's the surge of non-regulars that flood the smash threads that makes us look impatient or angry lol
My first post after no reveal would be something to the effect of whining that I took Friday off to stay up all night for this stupid commercial and that everything should be timed to be convenient for EST

Plum

May 31, 2018

Can confirm. I'm a non-regular and I'm incredibly fucking pissed off.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil

My first gut instinct is Nemesis. Definitely recognizable, has even been in fighting games before.
Heihachi is one the few cases where the villain (one of many) is the poster boy of the series =)

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

New franchise as in brand new to Smash? Because otherwise you'd have
Edelgard

Wesker would be a better RE rep than nemesis imo.
Nightmare has been discussed as the best rep for Soul Calibur multiple times.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

lol whenever a new thread is made about the announcement of a new smash character it's always full of angry people. No matter who's revealed it always goes the same way.

Isabelle's was probably the worst of the Smash ultimate reveal threads.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I just can't imagine why Nintendo wouldn't show off the 5th fighter at TGAs. Over 1 million people will be watching live.

And with the character due out in February, it's probably close to done at this point.

Well, there's always a Direct in January/February so worst case we'll get the announcement there with the release very close, maybe even a shadow drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.