• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Where would you rank Rambo?
Rambo is unrankable
rambo-2015010317125511ljwb.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Team Cherry and WayForward can fight to the death to decide who gets to remake Zelda II.

Three Aussie Blokes VS However Many Employees WayForward Has

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm one of those filthy Sonic fans, so that Eggman/Metal Sonic rumor from earlier today inspired me to make a track list for them. I tried to keep my picks at least somewhat relevant to the characters, but I couldn't help myself from including Sea Bottom Segue regardless. No Knuckles themes though, which makes this whole thing a bust:
This is my justification for Speed Highway, by the way.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I'm one of those filthy Sonic fans, so that Eggman/Metal Sonic rumor from earlier today inspired me to make a track list for them. I tried to keep my picks at least somewhat relevant to the characters, but I couldn't help myself from including Sea Bottom Segue regardless. No Knuckles themes though, which makes this whole thing a bust:
Toss in Aquarium Park and I endorse this list.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
So apparently Nintendo just copyright-claimed the KOS-MOS Smash mod video out of nowhere, which is... interesting. Like, I'm not sure they could have possibly chosen more suggestive timing, whether it means anything or not.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
E.G.G.M.A.N.
What I'm Made of
Metallic Madness

This list checks out.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Toss in Aquarium Park and I endorse this list.
I had trouble choosing a Colors level theme to include, so I completely forgot to include any track from that game, lol. Aquarium Park it is.

Might as well include the other honorable mentions:
and I really like this version of Big Arms, so I honestly wouldn't mind having it AND the Generations remix.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm really going to feel sorry for Hikari if anyone who isn't KOS-MOS is revealed tomorrow. They seem to be 100% convinced that she's in after the video takedown, and it'd be crushing if she... isn't in.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Someone made a video for a mod of Zero-Suit Samus that put KOS-MOS in Ultimate back in I think March. Nintendo just randomly took it down for "visual copyright" reasons, citing, of all things, Mario Kart Tour as the reason. It's weird as hell, and I'm not sure why they'd do it, other than KOS-MOS imminently appearing in a Nintendo game.

You'd think they could have waited until after the reveal, if this means what some folks think.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for all the people who have never played Xenosaga to overreact in their reaction videos.

...predicting double whammy with KOS-MOS as FP5 leading into a segment where she fights Master Chief, alluding to him being the first character of the next pass.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Welp! If this is as damning as it seems at first glance, I guess I just have to move on to hoping for a KOS-MOS/Phoenix Wright double-reveal!

... Couldn't they have picked a more compatible character, so it'd be easier to lie to myself?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Someone made a video for a mod of Zero-Suit Samus that put KOS-MOS in Ultimate back in I think March. Nintendo just randomly took it down for "visual copyright" reasons, citing, of all things, Mario Kart Tour as the reason. It's weird as hell, and I'm not sure why they'd do it, other than KOS-MOS imminently appearing in a Nintendo game.

You'd think they could have waited until after the reveal, if this means what some folks think.
KOS-MOS the next spotlight character I see....

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I will say it's dope we're finally getting a female rep if this evidence holds.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
KOS-MOS the next spotlight character I see....
For now. I mean, logically speaking, there are only a couple of alternative explanations:
1. This was a false manual claim or false automated claim. The fact that it's attributed to Mario Kart Tour could indicate something fucky going on with the copyright claim system, but the fact that nothing else this person put up and no other KOS-MOS Smash-related videos have gone down seems to indicate that this was a deliberate, manual claim.
2. This does mean that KOS-MOS is going to be in a Nintendo game... but that game is Mario Kart Tour. I... I don't think I need to explain just how weird that would be, but it's possible.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
For now. I mean, logically speaking, there are only a couple of alternative explanations:
1. This was a false manual claim or false automated claim. The fact that it's attributed to Mario Kart Tour could indicate something fucky going on with the copyright claim system, but the fact that nothing else this person put up and no other KOS-MOS Smash-related videos have gone down seems to indicate that this was a deliberate, manual claim.
2. This does mean that KOS-MOS is going to be in a Nintendo game... but that game is Mario Kart Tour. I... I don't think I need to explain just how weird that would be, but it's possible.
Diddy Kong Pack being 40 dollars? How about KOS-MOS pack being 60 dollars?

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Not long to wait now but I don't think Nintendo taking down a video of a mod means much

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Is this a reupload of the same KOS-MOS video? If so, it doesn't seem to have been triggered by the algorithm. That could lend credence to the idea that this was a manual copyright strike.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Oh, someone on Smashboards noted that this could be the result of a particularly nasty person directly reporting this video to Nintendo in hopes of getting it taken down, which is a possibility, but I wonder whether anyone would expect doing that to gain such rapid traction.

Not long to wait now but I don't think Nintendo taking down a video of a mod means much
You'd better hope not, or I'm pretty sure people will start treating you as a straight-up prophet.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Oh, someone on Smashboards noted that this could be the result of a particularly nasty person directly reporting this video to Nintendo in hopes of getting it taken down, which is a possibility, but I wonder whether anyone would expect doing that to gain such rapid traction.

You'd better hope not, or I'm pretty sure people will start treating you as a straight-up prophet.
That's a pretty next level way to make a fake leak. Get Nintendo to precision strike things related to only a specific character so it looks like they're doing it on purpose.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki

Why would Nintendo give a shit?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Why would Nintendo give a shit?
Nintendo isn't exactly a big fan of mods. But if they hated them enough to take down a video of a completely irrelevant character just because someone shoved it in their faces, you'd think they'd be in active seek-and-destroy mode for all mod videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.