• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Lost World and Forces confirmed to me that Sonic Team is worthless at their job.

Lost World wasn't great, but it was at least an interesting idea and it would've made for a nice starting point for a new kind of 3D Sonic. It was rough, but there was real potential for a sequel.

And they threw all of that idea to make whatever the fuck Forces was.
They always throw good ideas away

The best Sonic games of the last decade were both games that didn't really do anything new and were mostly just old concepts with a fresh coat of paint (Generations and Mania)

But they're obsessed with having to make new experiences every single game, leading to really strange and mediocre games that are never expanded on or improved and then they just start all over again the next game and make the same mistakes.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
What if there is no leak because there is no reveal until April ?

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is just a bit, right?
For that to be the case, it would have to be funny.
WTF is wrong with these people?
GameFAQs was a mistake; I remember when they were spreading rumors that I was some other user on that website despite not having a username on it up to that point (I created one using my YouTube channel's handle just to clarify that it wasn't me and haven't used the account since).

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo's afraid of uploading new trailers because they're afraid of spoiling
Elsa Act III

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Mike Pollock is apparently a hacker?

ivY3iHP.jpg

This'd be fun if it was real (which it probably isn't lol)
No lie, I would LOVE this.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
1. Eggman would be cool if it significantly lengthens the music list.

2. He should be able to spam "get a load of this!"

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
WTF is wrong with these people?
They're having a field day over there lol, if you just type "Jon" while on the Smash boards you'll find all kinds of nonsense

A complete waste of time given I legit don't know a thing about The Game Awards, I think Geoff meant it when he said things haven't leaked

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Based on that leak, it looks like Eggman will be RE engine Jim Carey as well

They're having a field day over there lol, if you just type "Jon" while on the Smash boards you'll find all kinds of nonsense

A complete waste of time given I legit don't know a thing about The Game Awards, I think Geoff meant it when he said things haven't leaked
You literally predicted a new character in between the ad tweet and the creation of that thread and they're freaking out, it makes no sense

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

That's just what someone who knows about the Game Awards would want us to think!

But seriously, Wal-Mart hasn't screwed up its listings so far, so I don't think anything has leaked...yet.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil

Jon, here's something to change the pace and to prevent your day to be all this toxicity:

You're my favorite GX member! (Just don't tell that to Andre 🐺💦)

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Jon, here's something to change the pace and to prevent your day to be all this toxicity:

You're my favorite GX member! (Just don't tell that to Andre 🐺💦)
<3 I'm looking forward to tomorrow just so this can all be over, I've predicted so many things and it's odd that people fixate on specific guesses. Like I literally said in the same prediction "Rex and Pya blah blah blah...or maybe Kos-Mos for Bandai Namco". I imagine most of them haven't even seen the Discussion themselves and are just going off what other users say, otherwise I'm not sure where the focus on Kos-Mos came from.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

Suuuurrrree. That's what you want us to be believe Worthless Jon. I bet you already leaked the entire show.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
<3 I'm looking forward to tomorrow just so this can all be over, I've predicted so many things and it's odd that people fixate on specific guesses. Like I literally said in the same prediction "Rex and Pya blah blah blah...or maybe Kos-Mos for Bandai Namco". I imagine most of them haven't even seen the Discussion themselves and are just going off what other users say, otherwise I'm not sure where the focus on Kos-Mos came from.

But it's not ending after tomorrow. There's still more DLC.

1160625.jpg

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
So that new tourney event had me make this

7893c0b9576afb7e077ba618117b24d2.png

If they do similar events with these other decades, I guess these are the characters that would be eligble for each one.

Kinda surprised that the most represented decade is the 90s, with 27 fighters total (not counting the PT pokemon and any alts, obviously).

In fact, it's kinda startling that from 1980 to 2017, nearly four decades worth of games are represented on Smash's roster.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

If they do similar events with these other decades, I guess these are the characters that would be eligble for each one.

Kinda surprised that the most represented decade is the 90s, with 27 fighters total (not counting the PT pokemon and any alts, obviously).

In fact, it's kinda startling that from 1980 to 2017, nearly four decades worth of games are represented on Smash's roster.
Boomers are overrepped. We need more Zoomers

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any plausible 70s characters we could jam in there? Sheriff maybe? Galaxian? Space Invader?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

...I'm just now realizing that most of my favorite newcomers from the last two games were from this decade.

Estelle would rectify that though.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
One side of me kinda wanted the Fighter #5 to be the last one.. even if ended not being any of my favorites,.. for our own sanity, we could finally move on and just wait until the next Nintendo generation for a future Smash entry..

But no.. Sakurai made us slaves of our own wishes. We're paying for our sins, no doubt!.. Fighter Pass 2 and 3 will kill us all in the process. Just watch!

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
One side of me kinda wanted the Fighter #5 to be the last one.. even if ended not being any of my favorites,.. for our own sanity, we could finally move on and just wait until the next Nintendo generation for a future Smash entry..

But no.. Sakurai made us slaves of our own wishes. We're paying for our sins, no doubt!.. Fighter Pass 2 and 3 will kill us all in the process. Just watch!

We'll get Fighter Pass 2, then 3, and then Switch 2 and rumors of Smash Ultimate Deluxe where we start all over again.

Did you think Nintendo wants us to stop? We'll never stop. The train just keeps going and going and going...

Status
Not open for further replies.