• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Like I said, DMC3 Dante has been overused to hell & back at this point. If Dante does get in, hopefully they mix it up by using DMC5 Dante instead. Hell, I'd take DMC4 Dante over 3, even though it's been used twice already in SFV & Teppen.
I don't really care about any of that tbh. Smash is a "best of" version of characters to me, and dmc 3 dante is the best one to me, so i want him.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if Smash indeed is at VGAs that they didn't tell Geoff. Maybe a simple "we'll show Smash". And then leaks would have to come from Company not VGA sources.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if Smash indeed is at VGAs that they didn't tell Geoff. Maybe a simple "we'll show Smash". And then leaks would have to come from Company not VGA sources.
Apparently Geoff was the only TGA person who knew about Joker last year, so if there's a Smash character reveal leaks probably wouldn't come from TGA sources anyway.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
If I remember right, only Japanese Ballot said it was for future games, western one didn't seem to mention to that. They also implied that it technically was a suggestion box and not a raw "most votes = picked".

Besides the Bayo talk, I am now far more doubtful of ballot either way. They used term "realizable". That fucking Word allows them to change rules however they want. Villager & PAC-MAN weren't realizable or Brawl and Ridley wasn't in Smash 4. Snake also wasn't realizable due to Konami and Ice Climbers due to 3DS. Yet they are now in Smash sooo... Who knows how many caveats that wording has.

Actually, I almost wonder if Sakurai didn't actually consider Ridley that popular, since was said to have made it in due to ballot. I also seriously want to know how Sakurai & Co Felt about K. Rool being so popular lol.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
For the record, now that we've toured the entire globe and there was no sign of Sarasaland, I'm not convinced Daisy is a real princess.

Though maybe the Sand Kingdom conquered it in between Mario Land and Mario Odyssey.

Now she's Duchess Daisy, vassal to the Tostarenian Empire

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All y'all are in denial

There's only ONE (1) character that fits:
- Daisy Theory
- 80s Theory
- Color Theory
- Vergeben's deconfirmation list
- Sabi's deconfirmation list
- TGA Audience Theory
- Geoff No Leaks Theory
- Bandai Namco "Your Character" Theory

208014.gif

And yes he's in

Sakurai has been pretty firm on characters that didn't originate in games showing up in Smash, but there is absolutely zero doubt this would be the biggest character reveal of the series history.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What is the Daisy theory?

Official Nintendo twitter accounts have used these pictures.

One of the pics has Mario with all the DLC characters except for Fighter 5 of the Pass and instead has Daisy. Daisy Theory is Daisy is a stand-in for... someone... And people are wondering who she is a stand-in for.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

One of the pics has Mario with all the DLC characters except for Fighter 5 of the Pass and instead has Daisy. Daisy Theory is Daisy is a stand-in for... someone... And people are wondering who she is a stand-in for.

This is actually plausible. Doesn't narrow down anyone at all though, Daisy can stand for anyone.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe they needed a girl in Picture and Daisy is most generic of em all so she fit.

...Actually she may have been picked due to more fitting taunting animation now that I look at it closer.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, I almost wonder if Sakurai didn't actually consider Ridley that popular, since was said to have made it in due to ballot. I also seriously want to know how Sakurai & Co Felt about K. Rool being so popular lol.

No, Sakurai was well aware of Ridley's popularity.

"I definitely know that Ridley's a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn't be Ridley any longer," Sakurai told IGN in an email interview. "It'd have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely."

weaK_willO

Oct 25, 2017
I think Daisy was in the picture because she was technically the first officially revealed newcomer despite being and echo in the E3 2018 trailer during Sakurai's breakdown of each numbered character as well as being a Mario character to par well with Mario and Piranha Plant but that's just me.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Looking at that last pic, funny enough, there is someone in particular who I think shares the color scheme of Daisy, down to the hair and the clothes:

GK5t5N1.png

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only gut feeling I get from Daisy Theory is Fighter 5 might be a female character.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah, Ridley was asked for ever since the Melee intro where he was shown fighting Samus (at around the same size too), and Sakurai acknowledged it multiple times.
People saying "lol it was just meme magic" don't get that he was basically the only other Metroid rep that made sense (nobody even thought about ZSS).

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
If you squint your eyes while looking at Kirby's green alt he starts to look a bit like Master Chief

Coincidence???

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Are there any theories about the other pictures? Why are Sonic, Lucas, Dedede, & Shulk in the same picture? Why Mega Man, Isabelle, Cloud, Inkling and so on...

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any theories about the other pictures? Why are Sonic, Lucas, Dedede, & Shulk in the same picture? Why Mega Man, Isabelle, Cloud, Inkling and so on...
It's the one that has the DLC characters. It's not hard to see why people would gravitate to the one that shows off the DLC

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
As much as it would be fun for the social media interns to drop cryptic hints through official twitter accounts, Nintendo has never hinted at an upcoming character and I'm gonna just take a wild guess and say that Daisy pic isn't the first one.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
They just feature random characters celebrating or whatever. The Daisy picture only stands out because it's Mario+DLC and then...fucking Daisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.