• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

there's even dog Geno

best part is they're basically "what if Geno and Seth did the fusion dance" on top of it all

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I still find the idea of KOS-MOS coming with any Xenoblade content TROUBLESOME just because of the way Ultimate handles music

it'd be a damn mess

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Design wise.. I think the only Xeno character that I like (never playing any game in the series) is Elma. ... even Shulk is dumb looking imo, but I think the Smash artstyle does wonders to him (and so the more anime aesthetic of XC2 and XC1DE)

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Chapter 4 is godawful. The beginning takes way too long and adds nothing.

The map courser is useless and enemies are way too overpowered, making you think you're not suppose to go there. Plus the writing in that chapter is pretty dumb too
I remember taking the incorrect route to the base(?) after running around for forever. Had to run by and die to tons of overleveled enemies to get there. I never knew there was an intended route lol.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
Amazing tech skill on that Game & Watch; really got into those mind-games with the triple Down Smash.

EDIT: I forgot to put in the /s; lol. Maister is good, but that clip is pretty funny. Not as funny as the clowns who want Game & Watch banned though.

We have one player whos super good with a character that people thought was low tier and people are crying like hes destroying everything.

Are other FGC communities like this ? like isnt this how meta develops and the next hill to climb is figuring out ways to beat G&W ?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wow, I can't believe Verge went out of his way to "deconfirm" Amaterasu just for me!

Also can't believe he would seal his fate like this; The Game Awards will be even sweeter now.

How can their source be "not sure". They either know who the character is or not.
That's very easy to explain! His "source" doesn't know shit, and are keeping KOS-MOS as a possibility in case that 4chan leak proves to be real.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It seems KOS MOS is just speculation on his part considering his source is saying not sure. So if anything maybe it suggests Verg's source thinks it's a Xeno character. Of course that's taking his word at face value which obviously shouldn't be done

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
It seems KOS MOS is just speculation on his part considering his source is saying not sure. So if anything maybe it suggests Verg's source thinks it's a Xeno character.
Nah, I think my explanation above is more accurate.

In my hardest read of Ultimate's hype cycle yet; I called that he would use the semantics of the ownership of certain characters to weasel out of his claims if it looks like they might be wrong. It's really obvious that he's doing exactly that here.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

In my hardest read of Ultimate's hype cycle yet; I called that he would use the semantics of the ownership of certain characters to weasel out of his claims if it looks like they might be wrong. It's really obvious that he's doing exactly that.
No for sure that's the likeliest explanation. Even then in all fairness the subject of KOS MOS and Xenosaga can be confusing so I can see why he would be confused but that's mainly plausible deniability.

Why do we think its a monolith soft character ?
There's not really a we. Just making a guess as to how Verg's (likely not real) source can call out Namco Bandai not being involved but not being sure on KOS MOS that isn't the obvious talking out of his ass.

Zarzolaon

Mar 16, 2018
OH
It seems KOS MOS is just speculation on his part considering his source is saying not sure. So if anything maybe it suggests Verg's source thinks it's a Xeno character. Of course that's taking his word at face value which obviously shouldn't be done
The situation with Verge is more ridiculous than with Sabi right now. Supposedly, Sabi knows someone that knows the character, or something like that. Verge gave the impression that he knows someone that knows someone that knows the character.

Unless I misunderstood him earlier.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The situation with Verge is more ridiculous than with Sabi right now. Supposedly, Sabi knows someone that knows the character, or something like that. Verge gave the impression that he knows someone that knows someone that knows the character.

Unless I misunderstood him earlier.
Yep, that's his situation apparently.

It's worse than "my uncle works at Nintendo"; it's "my uncle knows a guy who works at Nintendo".

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

In my hardest read of Ultimate's hype cycle yet; I called that he would use the semantics of the ownership of certain characters to weasel out of his claims if it looks like they might be wrong. It's really obvious that he's doing exactly that here.
Can't wait to see how both explain themselves after challenger #5 is finally revealed

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Can't wait to see how both explain themselves after challenger #5 is finally revealed
I think the funniest outcome would be if it was one of the characters they both "deconfirmed" over a month ago and never revisited; so Hayabusa, Crash or Doom Slayer I guess (Geno would definitely be post-pass, so i'll leave him out).

Though at the same time, I can already imagine the excuse being something like "our sources never corrected their original deconfirmations, so we never questioned them!"

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the funniest outcome would be if it was one of the characters they both "deconfirmed" over a month ago and never revisited; so Hayabusa, Crash or Doom Slayer I guess (Geno would definitely be post-pass, so i'll leave him out).

Though at the same time, I can already imagine the excuse being something like "our sources never corrected their original deconfirmations, so we never questioned them!"
Hayabusa is legit the only one that can break Sabi and Verg's reign out of all of those characters. I just don't see another western character for this FP and Doomslayer wasn't that requested until more recently.

Even then I'm not sure if Hayabusa would be a character they'd bring to TGA without another major announcement like DLC 6. He seems kind of like Hero and Terry tier in that while he does have the merit and legacy to come in he wouldn't be immediately exciting. Though not to the degree a character like Reimu would be

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Only Bomberman track I need:

It's a game for perverts
Yeah, how about we don't do this.

57999666.jpg

Yes, before anyone asks, I do have one.
I've said it before, but a KOS-MOS Pack would be a good way to represent not only Xenosaga, but Xenoblade 2.
Ehhh... as someone who has only played XC2 out of those, I wouldn't find a character I never played as a good representative of a game I enjoyed.
Eh, I don't give a shit about the likelihood of The Prince actually happening. Is that supposed to stop me from wanting the only Namco rep that would truly excite me?
Careful, if you keep pushing for a character that isn't approved of you may get labeled a gimmick poster!
Nobody knows what the fuck a Reimu is.
Imagine still denying the big three.
I'm a little surprised that someone can be Online Enough to know Touhou without also being Online Enough to know KOS-MOS
f8323a01-759e-4281-8o2k1y.jpeg
Honestly, with the amount of online time people have under their belts while also being into Nintendo, I'm kind of surprised people aren't aware of more Japanese things.
Vergeben: Source said Bamco isnt happening

also Vergeben: source isn't sure on KOS-MOS, might because of Monolith also owning rights? (they don't)
Oh look, once again my predictions are proven correct.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

I guess I should be more careful when posting music; who knows what tracks could possible have Go My Way high-quality rips?

That's only, what, over 100 tracks to look out for according to this YouTube playlist?

Careful, if you keep pushing for a character that isn't approved of you may get labeled a gimmick poster!
I mean, I can become a Gimmick poster if you all want; I just need to make Yumetaro my number one Sunsoft rep.

Supporting characters with good music is on-brand for me, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I just realized I'm going to be away from home when the Game Awards happen. How soon after Joker got revealed was the trailer put up on Youtube? It was immediately after, right?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really believe any of these joke "insiders" right now, but KOS-MOS would be a pretty awesome character to have in Smash in just about all regards, so I'd love to see her included.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
It'd be pretty perfect if they revealed Yumetaro and Geno together in the same trailer, as Fighter 75 and 76 respectively.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should be more careful when posting music; who knows what tracks could possible have Go My Way high-quality rips?
To be fair, that's one of the few tracks I know off the top of my head has a Go My Way version. Aren't we lucky Love Live is not primarily a videogames series so I can't post Snow Halation rips for pretty much everything.

Though, I can imagine if (or should I be obnoxious and say when?) Haruka got in, many reactions would refer to her as "one of those siivagunner memes".

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
As much as I want KOS-MOS in Smash, this reeks of someone trying to be noticed...
At least TGA is just in a couple of days

Status
Not open for further replies.