• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
eXGHoYi.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm quoting my fun-e joke from the last page; no shame.

*cuts back to Sabi a few months ago*

"Do you know who the next Smash fighter is?"
FWGVGll.png

"Can you tell me who it is?"
ahMgIEX.png

"... is it Crash?"
miunI95.png

Repeat for every fighter they've mentioned so far. If you think about it, this also explains why they jumped on Jonesy and Maxwell.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
they're clearly adding memoryman3 to the game

and you thought smash was problematic before!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Female fighter? Connection to plants?

Uh... Bloom is an important Celestial Brush technique?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Neat, they made a Twitter post to celebrate the anniversary.

inb4: "IS DAISY SUPPOSED TO BE A STAND-IN FOR FIGHTER 5 IN THAT LAST SCREENSHOT?!"

It's a shame Terry ended the streak of the DLC characters coming with some sort of buddy (Morgana, Slime, Kazooie). Unless you count his hat.

Was also hoping this twitter post would have the screenshot from the in-game event for the anni, which has all of Ultimate's returning and new characters on it.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Neat, they made a Twitter post to celebrate the anniversary.

inb4: "IS DAISY SUPPOSED TO BE A STAND-IN FOR FIGHTER 5 IN THAT LAST SCREENSHOT?!"

Saw few people went crazy about that and thinking that it's a hint for DoomGuy.

Daisy's sign for Peace/Victory) (V = Character 5)
Daisy as DoomGuy's pet rabbit
DoomGuy/DoomSlayer.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The Gamexplain vid says there are seven male Pikachus and one female Pikachu, but there are actually two female Pikachus.
The bigger mistake was lablling two entries as Linkle lol

Though I was curious why they described Nikki as having a Mii costume in Smash for 3DS/Wii U. Are they just confusing having a Mii fighter based on her official Mii design with a non-existent costume?

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Daisy is obviously a stand-in for Daisy Duck who is a princess in Kingdom Hearts, meaning we're getting KH Donald with a Zettaflare Final Smash as our final DLC.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
surprised that nobody's talking about Sabi's big leak that character v may be announced at tga and may also not be

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Alright I guess we got another conspiracy to discuss for a day with Daisy.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Whoever Character 5 is, they'd better come with some seriously banging music if they want to hold a candle to SNK opening their floodgates and Yuzo Koshiro gracing us with Psycho Soldier.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
They should have actually put #5 in the picture instead of Daisy, and bluring it out.

This way we would have immediately know who it is, like when they blurred out the spirit mode and the level creator.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever Character 5 is, they'd better come with some seriously banging music if they want to hold a candle to SNK opening their floodgates and Yuzo Koshiro gracing us with Psycho Soldier.
Just wait until we get the Hiroyuki Sawano cover of Philistine. The world won't be ready for it.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the community scouring the list of video game princesses because they think Fighter 5 will be a Princess.

Alis is revealed to be a Princess at the end of the first Phantasy Star.

I never chose that option because I preferred Alis to continue being an adventurer, but hey, I'm open to any speculation that points to her. After all, even wishywashy cloutchasers haven't ruled out SEGA. I just hope that if Alis does get in, as a character, spirit, or mii costume, that she keeps her puffy 80's hair instead of that more boring straight-down look from the remake.

Aug 12, 2019
I would personally vastly prefer if they just did a Direct that announced #5 and detailed them fully, and then dedicated some time to discussing the future of the DLC for the game and revealing our first post Fighter's Pass DLC option as opposed to just a single reveal at TGAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.