• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Looks like one of Byleth or Officer Howard are in the Top 50. Given that he described the character as customizable, I'm leaning towards Officer Howard being said exception.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
We will never be that fucking lucky. Don't even talk about it.
Honestly a One Piece Fighter would not make justice to One Piece.
I realised that a few month ago when there was that thread "make your One Piece Arc Sys fighter roster".

The crew would already take 10 slots, then you would have a few iconic villains such as Crocodile, Lucci, Doflamingo, Black Beard, a few marines such as Akainu and Aokiji, a few allies such as Law and Sabo, and that's it, it's already a lot of characters.
And then they would lock behind DLC the such of Ace, White Beard, Perona, Mihawks and Boa Hancock. And you would get two or three Luffy (gear 2 Luffy Enies Lobby, Fishman Island Luffy, gear 4 Luffy...), 2 Zoro (Enies Lobby Zoro and current Zoro)...

There's too many great characters that we would never get. There's like 100 characters that would be fun to play.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
There's definitely communities out there that take them more seriously, though this community is a different kind of "serious".

I'd say if people are hoping this to be what cinches them then they're missing the forest for the trees. The character 5 reveal is your best bet to hope for a big blowup, this is weaksauce shit.

I do agree with this sentiment.

I think the stage is set for a real fall from grace. We've seen such things time and again. This thing right here definitely isn't it. Will it be Character 5? We can only wait and see.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Honestly a One Piece Fighter would not make justice to One Piece.
I realised that a few month ago when there was that thread "make your One Piece Arc Sys fighter roster".

The crew would already take 10 slots, then you would have a few iconic villains such as Crocodile, Lucci, Doflamingo, Black Beard, a few marines such as Akainu and Aokiji, a few allies such as Law and Sabo, and that's it, it's already a lot of characters.
And then they would lock behind DLC the such of Ace, White Beard, Perona, Mihawks and Boa Hancock. And you would get two or three Luffy (gear 2 Luffy Enies Lobby, Fishman Island Luffy, gear 4 Luffy...), 2 Zoro (Enies Lobby Zoro and current Zoro)...

There's too many great characters that we would never get. There's like 100 characters that would be fun to play.
You're not wrong in that One Piece has hundreds of characters that would make for a great fighter, but I don't think that's a reason not to do it. I'd much rather be able to play as 25 One Piece characters than 0 of them.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
So GameXplain posted this video and I know this is a popular topic in these threads.

100. Mia (Golden Sun)
99. Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
98. Katrielle (Prof. Layton series)
97. Alex Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
96. Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)
95. Yuri (Fatal Frame)
94. Goombella (Paper Mario)
93. Kitana (Mortal Kombat)
92. Brittany (Pikmin 3)
91. Jeanne (Bayonetta)
90. Hilda (Legend of Zelda)
89. Octolings (Splatoon)
88. Hatterene (Pokémon)
87. Aya Brea (Parasite Eve)
86. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
85. Nia (Xenoblade)
84. Birdo (Super Mario)
83. Min Min (ARMS)
82. Lightning (Final Fantasy)
81. Jade (Beyond Good & Evil)
80. Nikki (Swap Note)
79. Jody Summer (F-Zero)
78. Toadette (Super Mario)
77. Rabbid Peach (Mario + Rabbids)
76. Reporter (Rhythm Tengoku)
75. Captain Syrup (Wario)
74. Kat & Ana (Wario Ware)
73. Tsubasa (Tokyo Mirage Sessions)
72. Hornet (Hollow Knight)
71. Diantha (Pokémon)
70. Cacklette (Mario & Luigi)
69. Fio (Metal Slug)
68. Ciri (The Witcher)
67. Ciel (Mega Man)
66. Linkle (Hyrule Warriors)
65. Edea (Bravely Default)
64. Madeline (Celeste)
63. Marle (Chrono Trigger)
62. Kotone (Persona)
61. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
60. Maria (Castlevania)
59. Ann (Persona)
58. Susie (Kirby)
57. Ring Fit Trainer (Fing Fit Adventure)
56. Joanna (Perfect Dark)
55. Kumatora (Mother 3)
54. Alena (Dragon Quest)
53. Claire (Resident Evil)
52. Anna (Fire Emblem)
51. Yuna (Final Fantasy)

Looks like Haruka Amami will be in their top 50!

No sign of Franziska, smh. What a bunch of foolishly foolish fools.

franziska-mad(a).gif

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
If the world had any justice and good taste we'd get Yu Yu Hakusho FighterZ
Yeeees. Yusuke is still to this day my favorite shonen's protagonist, because of how much he's an antithesis to the typical shonen protag. Dude is an asshole who could flip at any moment and become the bad guy (which is even what the 2d big antagonist is : an older Yusuke that became evil)
Even at the end of manga, he hasn't really evolved in term of morality.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
You're not wrong in that One Piece has hundreds of characters that would make for a great fighter, but I don't think that's a reason not to do it. I'd much rather be able to play as 25 One Piece characters than 0 of them.
Definitely ! I just feel that the roster would feel lackluster, with only obvious characters and a bunch of disappointing picks (multiple Luffy and Zoro)

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I think I've said it here before but nothing I post is a tease. I work almost every day keeping up with the industry and my social media is literally just somewhere to cool off. I'll post weird stuff on there that only I find funny, it doesn't mean anything.

Really I just don't have the energy to allow my online profile to be anything but my own thoughts. I'm not leading people on with vague hints, I frankly don't care about that whole scene and find it tiring. The people that follow "Twitter insiders" don't care about them, they just want rumours.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I've said it here before but nothing I post is a tease. I work almost every day keeping up with the industry and my social media is literally just somewhere to cool off. I'll post weird stuff on there that only I find funny, it doesn't mean anything.

Really I just don't have the energy to allow my online profile to be anything but my own thoughts. I'm not leading people on with vague hints, I frankly don't care about that whole scene and find it tiring. The people that follow "Twitter insiders" don't care about them, they just want rumours.

He says as the Nintendo Ninjas surround him

/s

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jonneh spill the beans now or the otters get it 🗡

Just kidding take care of yourself

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Nice try.

But I've lost all hope for the Pokémon Dash gritty remake. Thanks for crushing my dreams

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

No worries, we understand. And I honestly don't get why other parts of social media glorify "Twitter insiders" like Sabi.

Not a problem. Sorry you had to deal with this mess.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
No sign of Franziska, smh. What a bunch of foolishly foolish fools.

franziska-mad(a).gif
A lot of the first half seems to be characters who are already in Smash in some ways or from a series that's already in so I can only assume we'll see a lot more of the usual names (since we tend to focus on series/characters not already in Smash) in the second video.

Oct 25, 2017
So how is everyone entertaining themselves before the TGAs?

I am currently watching Tiny House videos on youtube and I am going to start Final Fantasy Adventure in a bit

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If I can get Lora and Haze then that would be a suitable replacement for Pyra and Mythra

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I think people give these goons the time of day simply because there just isn't anything to actually talk about.

Otherwise we're just going back in circles about Geno or whatever.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The only thing I have against Lora is that she would bring Jin who is among the worst characters in Xenoblade 2.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people give these goons the time of day simply because there just isn't anything to actually talk about.

Otherwise we're just going back in circles about Geno or whatever.

You say that like Geno isn't a fountain of deep and interesting scholarly conversation.

It takes a very high IQ to understand Super Mario RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.