• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
The only good reaction videos i know are from maximilian dood. LIterally the only one i see not overreacting when he is legit just normal about the news.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My reaction vids would be pretty boring. I might crack a smile if it's a character I like. But I don't really do that over the top screaming at Smash reveals.
I shout in excitement but I don't scream for long periods.

Except for Cloud. I danced around my room like an idiot for him. Probably would have done the same for Joker but I was in public at the time.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
before E3 2018, I said on GameXplain Discord channel that they should reveal every veteran at once and let the few newcomers for the rest of the pre-release hype (and at that time I believed the game was a slighty modiefed port of Smash4 with few newcomers). but people said "no! of course they won't do that! they want to build up hype and they will OBVIOUSLY slowly reveal veterans until release!"
Man I remember Captain Falcon ended up being one of Smash 4's final characters, people thought the dude could have been cut. I really liked how Ultimate handled things, "Everyone is Here" wouldn't have had the same impact if they did it over time

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
once I saw a reaction video of a (what I assume) latin girl that was mute; she was reacting to Cloud's reveal in realtime and I got emotional watching it. She showed her arms as an expression that she was getting goosebumps to watch. I wish I could find it again!

at the time I was studying signed language, so certain gestures she was doing I was kinda understanding. Super cute

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Man I remember Captain Falcon ended up being one of Smash 4's final characters, people thought the dude could have been cut. I really liked how Ultimate handled things, "Everyone is Here" wouldn't have had the same impact if they did it over time
I thought at e3 we would have like 16 vets

And 3 newcomers, 1 being 3rd party, at e3 2018

For a total of 20 characters to start

Then a brawl and smash 4 drip feed

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
My stream lagged during the moment of the jiggy so I missed it lol

Still knew it was going to be Banjo mind since we had pretty much been told.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I really thought that for a game that would supposedly be a port, they wouldn't need to hide veterans; but even with Ultimate being brand new, they did the right thing with the "Everyone is Here!" trailer

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
The best thing about Everyone is Here is that it stopped Cut discussion by 99%

My head would hurt during those times.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Terra Branford would be pretty up there for my favorite newcomer but since her chances are 0% I never bother including her in lists.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Terra is the one FF character that I want the most above all others, but the way Sakurai has focused in introducing new franchises excites me more than just getting another fighter. Hence why my SE hopes have switched to Crono and 2B.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
"There were some empty Spirit categories for Rare franchises in Smash Ultimate 1.0, and then it turns out later that Banjo is in."

I don't see the connection. It seems far more likely that the spirits team assumed Nintendo owned Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini (since they're so obscure) and simply removed them after hearing from the legal department. The same reasoning likely applied to Devil's Third.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I could see them doing a Monster Hunter spirit event.

They're in luck, they already have two pieces of music they could use (whereas the RE spirits had to make use of Metal Gear music...and a track from Metroid Prime Hunters).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
if we actually got Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini spirits with Banjo I'd be a lot more inclined to believe that meant anything

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Haruka is the main idol of idolm@ster, meaning she's the vanilla character that aims at every demographic specifically. She's the Ryu to Ranko's Akuma.
The song that it changes to is called I Want. It's one of Haruka's image song and if you read the lyrics you see it's pretty much about someone commanding another person's love. The words she says "Soko ni hizamazuite!" is literally "you kneel down right there!"
(...)
(If Haruka had a Smash trailer, I'd see this song as a suitable backing track.)

What. The. F@#$.

(Sidenote: why is quoting posts in locked threads so annoying? Can I summon staff to talk about this?)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I can't beat The Boss spirit in WoL and I wouldn't have it any other way. She's so good.

I wish the Snake Eater track were better though. I'm sure there were rights issues with using the Cynthia Harrell version but I'm just not a fan of the new remix.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Considering Cloud brought nothing with him to the table another FF rep would make it actually feel like FF is in the game.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I felt like a worm for using a poison heal spirit against The Boss, but I did it anyway

I think I also used Olimar, which is double cowardly

is Olimar still extremely broken in WoL or did they patch that out

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. That's more hardcore than I was expecting out of idolmaster. (Relatively speaking)

You gotta pitch the crazy stuff to get more people on board.
Well it's kind of like the Mario series (or pretty much any series with a large ensemble cast), the main character is the most "vanilla" and then all the other characters have some sort of unique trait to differentiate them. Despite Haruka being "the normal one" whose attributes include being clumsy and friendly I think I posted some of the more extreme elements of her such as when she was depicted as an evil space empress commanding an army of Haruka shaped mechs.

The spin-off Cinderella Girls (which is where Ranko is from) ramps this up to 11 since it has hundreds of girls to give gimmicks to to various degrees of success (so on one end we have one girl who turns into a crazed metal head to one girl whose gimmick is just that they love doughnuts).

Of course if I wanted to go full crazy I could bring in the world of fan media (warning: crazy):

(Well, this was one of the milder examples I could link to)

The best thing about Everyone is Here is that it stopped Cut discussion by 99%

My head would hurt during those times.
Only to replace it with "it's a port" discussion, which was in some ways even worse because it invited the Flat Earthers of Smash to the table.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Haruka is the main idol of idolm@ster, meaning she's the vanilla character that aims at every demographic specifically. She's the Ryu to Ranko's Akuma.
Well it's kind of like the Mario series (or pretty much any series with a large ensemble cast), the main character is the most "vanilla" and then all the other characters have some sort of unique trait to differentiate them.

Sorry everyone. I should have clarified. I knew it would have to be her as the mascot character. And clearly we wouldn't get into the insane territory in game.

I just meant in terms of selling me on the series.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

If this isn't the Up B then that guy failed

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
DLC characters were decided after Smash Ultimate went gold, so that "Please don't harass us about it" tweet is likely pretty close to when they were finalized.

Ergo, I doubt any spirit listings in 1.0 have anything to do with DLC choices.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
DLC characters were decided after Smash Ultimate went gold, so that "Please don't harass us about it" tweet is likely pretty close to when they were finalized.

Ergo, I doubt any spirit listings in 1.0 have anything to do with DLC choices.
Of course anyone that spammed characters anyway probs infleunced season 2

So goes to show never listen to sakurai

#flawlesslogic

/s

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
What. The. F@#$.

(Sidenote: why is quoting posts in locked threads so annoying? Can I summon staff to talk about this?)
Well I certainly didn't expect that post to be quoted out of nowhere.

Well since it was brought up, I believe this is the source of the Mugen clip said quote was referring to:

Sorry everyone. I should have clarified. I knew it would have to be her as the mascot character. And clearly we wouldn't get into the insane territory in game.

I just meant in terms of selling me on the series.
Oh I understood, but I should clarify I do have bias in pushing Haruka since she is a favourite. Her being the mascot is just a bonus since it makes her the obvious choice out of the whole cast.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Having finally finished the first act of DQXI, I'm shocked by how much stuff in Smash still hasn't popped up. Like, I'm 45 hours into this thing and there's STILL no sky whale! You can tell they weren't phoning it in. I immediately recognized the Luminary's in-game sword when it popped up, too.

It makes me wish we got something similar for BOTW. Like, sure, the Great Plateau is iconic, but a traveling stage that zooms past the Divine Beasts and showcases some of the more iconic places and moments would have been a trip. A stationary tower feels kind of low-rent in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.