• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I even pointed out that I was annoyed by his hard lock meme but it's just depends on what gimmick he's running with.

Help me to remember what was his gimmick after Hard Lock and before Elsa?

I know it was like this Goku > Hard Lock Hotel > ??? > ??? > Elsa > Seth

There was the Shadow the Hedgehog Saga, and the Joe & Mac filler arc.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't ignore all of us
"Your efforts to stop me are futile, there is nothing you can do" - Seth's plot

I even pointed out that I was annoyed by his hard lock meme but it's just depends on what gimmick he's running with.

shadow is legitimately one of my favorite characters of all time and nobody remembers him even here 😭

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
But he's been doing this shit for over a year at this point. Even before Memoryman showed they were an asshole people were getting tired of the Daisy crap but Brock gets to spam whatever dumb troll pick he has weeks on end.

Is it that hard to see why that's annoying?

But fine. Whatever. I'm apparently the only one this bothers.
No, I find it annoying, too.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it was, but it got its own movie adaptation later
The+attack_1445482097.png

(they're trying to calm down Seth)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Off Topic: I think you might be hard that this thread might not survive until TGA.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Sakurai, you're small time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | The Evil is Defeated

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Raccoon City Massacre

Last edited:

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | We've run out of Terry jokes, Sakurai pls

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Off the top of my head in no particular order.

Goku
Hard Lock(and to be fair, you are right about this being his most annoying.)
Shadow
Artorias
Elsa
Seth
Joe and Mac

I'm sure I'm missing more.
You can't ignore all of us
And I'd just like everyone telling me to "just ignore it" to please turn your attention to the preceding quote.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Sakurai, you're small time

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | The Evil is Defeated

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Raccoon City Massacre
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Complete. Global. Deconfirmation.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there is nothing worse than when somebody shares a character they would like to see in Smash bros as dlc in the Smash dlc thread

actually there is something worse: when other people share their love for that character, too

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Complete. Global. Deconfirmation.
This is it

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will we really not make it to the Game Awards before needing a new thread?

I'd hope the title will be about character 5.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
The road to The Game Awards will go a lot faster for me now.

For Capcom? Wright and Amaterasu please. For Namco? I'll accept KOS-MOS or Nightmare, but I really want The Prince to roll up to the show.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I just meant something that was the equivalent of the short descriptions the trophies would get in past games. They could tell you a little about the character without explaining why Paz has a bob-omb equipped.
Ah I see. Guess we were on a different wavelength. Heck, I forgot there are even references in the assist spirit powers, so there's even more to work out!

I meant a description for the battle parameters. For example the battle with Lao from Xenoblade X is set on Kongo Jungle, which is a reference to the fact you first meet him in the story chapter when you're heading for the jungle region.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head in no particular order.

Goku
Hard Lock(and to be fair, you are right about this being his most annoying.)
Shadow
Artorias
Elsa
Seth
Joe and Mac

I'm sure I'm missing more.

And I'd just like everyone telling me to "just ignore it" to please turn your attention to the preceding quote.

Oh crap, I forget all about Astorias but it didn't lasted that long tho.

Wow that's pretty winner there. I don't think anyone can beat that.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
This was a great idea and I appreciate the fans going through the trouble of making this.

If you click on characters, the background and description feel like Melee-ish which is pretty nice touch. Melee trophy section is best trophy collection in Smash Bros franchise because of quality since you have many old characters getting their first 3D models. Like Ayumi, Ducks, and Pit.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you click on characters, the background and description feel like Melee-ish which is pretty nice touch. Melee trophy section is best trophy collection in Smash Bros franchise because of quality since you have many old characters getting their first 3D models. Like Ayumi, Ducks, and Pit.
Yeah Melee is still king thanks to it creating so many new models for it. I discovered so many new series laying that game for the first time.

Though I also give 4 a nod because it's descriptions could be really funny.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I did like the trophy cabinets in Smash for Wii U. Was rather nice to see your collection build up in small batches.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Melee is still king thanks to it creating so many new models for it. I discovered so many new series laying that game for the first time.

Though I also give 4 a nod because it's descriptions could be really funny.

It's hard to remember some trophies from smash 4 since there were like over 1350 trophies in total but I do remember few good one tho. Also Final Smash trophies were even more cooler in Smash 4 so I would give them the point for it.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
I actually own 999 and Virtual Last Reward. Personally, I'm not a fan of multiple endings so that aspect put me off the games, but i actually found my copy recently looking for my copy of Golden Sun Dark Dawn. Probably it's time to put the time it deserves on it.
Oh don't worry, the way these games (especially VLR) use these kind of endings/routes is different from the usual stuff. If you get to give them a try hopefully you enjoy them!

Status
Not open for further replies.