• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's the first major and official deconfirmation since November 1 of last year, so I do understand why it is hitting so hard. We got a bit spoiled, and let's face it, Resident Evil is just a really big series that lots of people are fond of. And it's also the first time we've really seen anything like this in regards to Spirits deconfirming a major third party option. Kind of the perfect storm for some despair.

I mean, I'm an RE fan/supporter too, so I get it. It really came out of nowhere. But when Terry got in I kinda mentally downgraded RE's chances anyway since it proved DQ getting in based on legacy and popularity was a fluke.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
From here on out, we're gonna be waiting with bated breath for each new spirit event to get announced in fear of our most wanteds getting deconfirmed.

Exciting times. It's like Music Tuesdays all over again lol

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Welp, I am sad for Jill, but this makes me even more confident that Dante is happening. Bittersweet feeling tonight.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix Wright is still out there...

amaterasu-mvc3ultimate-snow.gif

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
No joke, back in Smash4, I had a dream of a double reveal of Arthur and Simon Belmont (but back then I imagined him with the Chronicles design);

Now Arthur has to happen, to avange his fellows zombie killers!

Aug 12, 2019
Pretty much this. That's what I'm trying to emphasize. Yeah, you can come up with moveset but is it fun for customers to enjoy? I think Joker fell under this umbrella because the moveset felt very simple and somewhat boring when you compare it to rest of Ultimate newcomers.

Again, I'll ask, why couldn't a Resident Evil character been made fun for customers? Just like what basis does that other than pessimism and not being immediately flashy like other characters (something Snake also got around with pretty much no issue).

I mean, I'm an RE fan/supporter too, so I get it. It really came out of nowhere. But when Terry got in I kinda mentally downgraded RE's chances anyway since it proved DQ getting in based on legacy and popularity was a fluke.

I'm not sure if I'd describe it as a fluke considering Sakurai also added Street Fighter and Final Fantasy in Smash 4 DLC as giant series with huge legacies and popularity. I'm not sure I see why Terry getting in (repping a brand new and big Japanese company with lots of legacy and popularity elsewhere no less) should have been a warning against RE. I never thought he was just going to casually go through the checklist of everything big one after the other, but I figured RE would be something he would seriously take a look at and not just rather unceremoniously drop as a Spirit event.

sigmaxchange

Banned
May 9, 2018
Orlando, FL
User Banned (Permanent) - Unneeded Hostility & Generalizations of a whole community before edit.
There's only like five of us who ever manage to keep Arle discussion alive compared to how much Resi and Ninja Gaiden were talked about all year!
[Mod Edit: Reverted post and added spoiler tag to highly offensive user post]
Fuck you all stupid fucks with your dumbass suggestions. I'm sick of dumb idiots with no intelligence to pick a bandwagon character and fucking defend it to death. Fuck stupid ass Ninja Gaiden and Resident Evil. Go die in a hole and ban me if you want SJW fucking cunts. You got stupid ass Banjo and Hero so fuck off. Entitled ass choosing beggars wishing for more stupid shit in a goddamn kid game. Fucking manchildren

Last edited by a moderator:

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
People were so sure of RE. I never got it frankly.

Uh huh.

tumblr_p73gi8l7VN1rntha0o1_r2_500.png

How'd that work out in the end?(Also I don't believe for a second Snake slept with Meryl.)
I mean the same game has him looking at boobs and Playboy to reduce stress as a gameplay mechanic.
He could be bi tho who knows. Know Big Boss? He regularly had towel battles in the shared shower with Kaz. Canon.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm not sure if I'd describe it as a fluke considering Sakurai also added Street Fighter and Final Fantasy in Smash 4 DLC as giant series with huge legacies and popularity. I'm not sure I see why Terry getting in (repping a brand new and big Japanese company with lots of legacy and popularity elsewhere no less) should have been a warning against RE. I never thought he was just going to casually go through the checklist of everything big one after the other, but I figured RE would be something he would seriously take a look at and not just rather unceremoniously drop as a Spirit event.

To me it showed a pretty obvious trend of focusing on mid-tier series over the big blockbuster ones. Even DQ is fairly niche outside of Japan. I kinda expect 5 to be similar so that's why I think Lloyd is one of the likelier options.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they're going through the trouble of including Resident Evil spirits, shouldn't we get some music as well? RE is a pretty big deal.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like people who only ever post the basement theme to discredit RE's music have never played RE.

Status
Not open for further replies.