• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
You know ya boy can't give up hope.
And so, the other insider clarifies: with one Star Wars movie having word "hope" in the title and others having word "hope" in the script, Nate must have been referring to Yoda.

What are you smelling, Nate? Yoda will never be in Smash! His name will make Russians think the CSS is the Mendeleev table!

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna take the twitter username Geno and tweet about how much I want Master Chief in Smash

edit: my bad Era Geno. you were summoned for naught.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure one day we'll see how Thanos with the satsui no hado turns out, I can't believe infinite's plot got sequel bait

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
My explosive hot take: I just don't think characters like Bayonetta and Dante really jell well with the design of Smash.

They feel more at home at something like Marvel vs. Capcom, a game where basically everyone has bullshit multi-million hit combos. But when you try to apply that to Smash, it just feels like they have the upper hand over everyone else because they can do a crazy amount of follow-ups while most characters can only do like 2-3 hits at most. That's basically what made Bayo totally busted in Smash 4.

So yeah, that's why I've always honestly kinda dreaded the idea of Dante joining Smash.

I'm not against his inclusion but I always said this, if 2B or/and Dante get in, I'm expecting them to be high tier or top tier in term of how good their tools could be. That's if their moveset worked out as I imagined it to be.

Okay, I'm going to give this meme a remake so I think it should take me 10 minutes. But not right now tho.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Has the fighter pass been worth it? I'm debating about getting it now

jhcBYbY.gif

I think Smash's Fighter Pass had best value out of all characters games I have been playing. I can't think of any season passes of characters ever offered so much as Fighter Pass so far? If I'm mistaken then please correct me on this with a detailed information and where/what it's from?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The value proposition on Smash Ultimate DLC vs. Smash 4 alone makes it obvious that we are getting so much for our money.

It helps that the stages are so thorough and complex after Smash 4's DLC stages were so simple.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Has the fighter pass been worth it? I'm debating about getting it now
Yeah. Even if you don't much care about the characters (like, I stopped caring about Banjo back in 2007 or something), those characters are all really really fun to play, well designed (I keep saying this, but imo, since Smash 4 DLCs, Sakurai has been designing the best Smash characters, everyone he makes is fucking awesome nowadays), and even the stages, who have been mostly meh since Brawl, are all good ! Not just fine, but actually good. The best stages since Melee. (The Castlevania stage in base game was also already really good imo).

Also, if we ignore Dragon Quest shitty musics, all the remixs are fucking good, and the amount of music coming with Terry is insane. Like, I think only Mario and Zelda franchises have more music than him in Smash ?

Honestly go for it. If you like Smash, it's a must have. Characters looks good, they put a lot of love and fan service into them, they're super fun, and it's just simply more Smash. Ultimate is the best Smash has ever been, more of it is a blessing.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Probably. They were definitely limited by being forced to get the stages to work in both versions.

Umbra Clock Tower is the best of the bunch.

I think Mario Maker is best for me. Few friends of mine had difficult to play in Umbra Clock Tower because of background being so busy so we didn't really had chance to play in that stage that much unless it came up from random button.

Mario Maker > Migard (Summon Function is so damn fun and it's always fun to fighting or running to get Materia) > Clock Tower

However I wish that Sakurai would make KOF ruleset for stage as a function so I can use that function for Street Fighter's Suzaku Castle (Omega form).

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I still figure Suzaku Castle was always envisioned as the Final Destination form but they didn't wanna seem cheap by only including that, I basically never touch the standard version of it because it looks so weird. If they thought of the KoF stadium gimmick earlier I think we would have seen it implemented there instead.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Mario Maker is great but the rest of the Smash 4 DLC stages were kinda forgettable, even if I like the aesthetic of Suzaku Castle.

Midgar feels like the typical "slap generic floating platforms in front of the background that's the real location" Smash stage.

What would have been great is the rooftop where you battle Rufus, complete with the helicopter in the background:

latest

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Midgar is still the coolest stage they added as DLC (back in Smash4), so much so I kinda forgive having it just two songs.. kinda..

And I say that liking Suzaku Castle and Spiral Mountain a whole bunch (from being of franchises I actually care)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Suzaku Castle has such a dreadful layout, the unholy combo of walkoffs and then tiny platforms on the opposite side

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
If I turn the game music off and play my own Midgar has more tracks

Take that Square

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker is great but the rest of the Smash 4 DLC stages were kinda forgettable, even if I like the aesthetic of Suzaku Castle.

Midgar feels like the typical "slap generic floating platforms in front of the background that's the real location" Smash stage.

What would have been great is the rooftop where you battle Rufus, complete with the helicopter in the background:

latest

If they wanted to use Midgar as a backdrop they could have used the part of the game where the Junon Cannon is installed there:

hqdefault.jpg

They could even recreate the infamous Scarlet/Tifa slapfight for a screenshot

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Prinny/Laharl are basically the only NIS contenders I could see happening and even those seem way off, especially nowadays.

Would be fun to see those massive damage numbers pop up in Smash tho

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Well, on the topic of leakers deconfirming stuff, Vergeben is back to "deconfirm" an entire company now.
I really don't get how this thing works.
Like, Vergeben, while being a fraud, actually do have sources, they may be mostly shit, but he has people who told him stuff (hell, Imran even said that after a bit of research, he came to the conclusion that Vergeben has 5 different sources), but how does that shit works. Supposedly, Vergeben doesn't know himself who is #5. So I guess, supposedly, his source doesn't know. So how do they know who isn't in. I just don't get their shit.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It boggles the mind that anyone is hanging off the words of these fucking geeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.