• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Could someone explain the otters?

I don't get it.
Jon loves otters, and there's this weird urban legend that Jon is a secret insider who teases direct announcements and even leak reveals during the GameXplain prediction videos.
It's of course totally false but people keep believing it because he once made a lucky guess about all the Final Fantasy games being announced in a direct, more than a year ago.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
to be clear, I was mostly joking on Jon posting otters; he used to post them when a Direct was coming, but since happened so much with him (and other insiders) due of past misfires, I think its better not to put much thought on it.

I mean, he like otters, and who doesn't?!

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
Okay.... we have a potential game awards leak on our hands. KOS-MOS is #5 but also accompanied by very believable stuff.

Gone Home is critically acclaimed and I wouldnt be surprised if the devs made a new game, SMT V has been dead forever and the game awards will revive interest for it, KH 3 Re mind dlc delay makes sense especially when you consider that FF VII Remake is releasing in a few months. Death stranding is going to PC so Horizon Zero Dawn to PC makes perfect sense.

Clock Tower is a classic.... which has a high possibility of a remaster. The game awards has shown off dead games revived before... Namely SoulCalibur and others.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/486057606

So what do we think? Please dont bad mouth it cause KOS-MOS is in it. I'd post it regardless if she was or wasn't

A lot of that seems kind of...out of place for the Game Awards? KOS-MOS aside, Clock Tower remaster (not remake?), SMT5, & Vocaloid songs seem like things that wouldn't get much of a rise at a venue like that.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Okay.... we have a potential game awards leak on our hands. KOS-MOS is #5 but also accompanied by very believable stuff.

Gone Home is critically acclaimed and I wouldnt be surprised if the devs made a new game, SMT V has been dead forever and the game awards will revive interest for it, KH 3 Re mind dlc delay makes sense especially when you consider that FF VII Remake is releasing in a few months. Death stranding is going to PC so Horizon Zero Dawn to PC makes perfect sense.

Clock Tower is a classic.... which has a high possibility of a remaster. The game awards has shown off dead games revived before... Namely SoulCalibur and others.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/486057606

So what do we think? Please dont bad mouth it cause KOS-MOS is in it. I'd post it regardless if she was or wasn't
Don't see any reason to give this attention?

Well, besides KOS-MOS being on it, of course ;)

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
PushDustIn just updated the summary about Sakurai, Ultimate being number one most sold; etc.

click it to read whole thread. (there are few missing things being mentioned)

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
save this post for next page but

Seriously Jonneh said he wasn't hinting anything so people should just chill out with that.
He's been saying that for more than a year but people just don't want to learn.
Hell, it even definitely killed Vergeben in february, when Jonneh predicted "Star Fox Gp reveal, beta online this spring" and Vergeben said "my source heard it too" lmao and Jon said "the fuck is that, it's just a prediction and I've never talked to Vergeben" lmao

Actually... I don't think it was ever there, lol. I took this screenshot on the 11th this month:
xL7oosv.png

So... got any proof it was there, BZL8 ?

This news came from SmashBoards. I just used the Wayback Machine on the site in question and I couldn't find a change. I am inquiring further.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm pretty sure the Death Stranding situation is similar to Street Fighter V; --Yeah, Sony injected money to the project, but the IP, the brand, is owned by Kojima Productions. In Death Stranding's case, just means that Sony has the right to publish it (and maybe a contract for console exclusivity);

on PC is getting published by 505 Games, isn't it?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
So my idea of a double Bamco rep reveal, one as the final character of this pass and the other as the first character of the second pass has some merit.

People have been waiting for both a female rep and a Bamco rep and, typically, like buses two will come along at the same time.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Namco forgets that PAC-Man is their character so technically, they still don't have a single Rep in their minds.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
lDNdCdm.gif

Here we are back with Fortnite Discussion so of course, I must share the hype for many boring members here who hate the idea of Fortnite character being in Smash Bros.

How did Jonesy got the letter? How? I would say, that he found the letter floating around in time wormhole. His reaction?

tumblr_pvp8r1PAaE1xinfpio1_500.gif

Even he came from a brand new franchise and still young but he knew what the letter represents and he had to put all of his energy to propel himself toward to the letter. He managed to snatch the letter and notice that he and his friend were invited to Smash with All-Stars.

He gladly accepts and joins with his buddies. So whoever clamoring for more representatives should support this choice and open their arms to embrace this.

mr84TUM.png

Like seriously, that would be a good choice, y'all crazy smash heads.

9ytgCAS.gif

for reading those nonsense, silly and hype post. I know y'all hate Fortnite because y'all are damn too old!

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
So my idea of a double Bamco rep reveal, one as the final character of this pass and the other as the first character of the second pass has some merit.

People have been waiting for both a female rep and a Bamco rep and, typically, like buses two will come along at the same time.

Now you finally listen to me about Super Namco Bros! (of course, it meant two reveals or so!)

Namco forgets that PAC-Man is their character so technically, they still don't have a single Rep in their minds.

Maybe their definition of representatives are completely different since they worked on another franchises not Pac Man (The team was mostly Tekken and Tales staffs)

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Journey and several Quantic Dreams games came to PC via EGS this year.

I can't speak for Horizon Zero Dawn, though.
These turned out to be expired exclusivity deals.
They did for Death Stranding.
Death Stranding's status was suspicious since day one - though still surprising - and PC release is to be handled by 505.

Sony did actually publish some games on PC, and I'm not talking Sony Music Japan or Daybreak, I'm talking PlayStation Mobile or something handling some indie stuff like Helldivers.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Otters weren't a hint, my fiancée wanted to see how many people would send us Otter GIFs as we both love them

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Such a great point and the one I try to bang on every time the "party game for kids" crowd comes around.

The beauty of Smash is you can have your cake and eat it too.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's safe to assume everything I post isn't a hint unless it's something crazy like "there will be a video games at the game awards eyes emoji"

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Since you like to support Tetris then I must request you to aid me for Fortnite representative for Smash Bros. Please don't be those grumpy haters!
I don't have any attachment to Fortnite myself but the reaction outside the typical Smash circles would be insane. Stage could actually be cool too

Status
Not open for further replies.