• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017

I think it's a very safe prediction that this shows up and Geese is probably the legendary spirit on the DLC board. It didn't even have to be in the trailer to predict that.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am taking this as a ton of remixes, maybe?
Castlevania is going to get competition.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
OK, I updated this in time for tomorrow slaughtering; --Again, not by any means a complete list, but a good chunk of already discussed characters (some to death) I've seen;

Added: Haruka, Kasumi, Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), Reimu and Quote. Also put Chosen Undead in his rightful place with Bamco pals.

SMASH-Character-Speculation-Sep-2019.png

This includes only characters not already present in Ultimate in some shape or form*.

*Heihachi, Valkyrie and The Prince sprites in the NAMCO Roulette taunt being exceptions.
Konami : Pyramid Head. A playable horror game abomination would be absolutely absurd and hilarious.

Sega : that's a tough one between Arle and Alis... Arle would probably be a more unique one, and the first TRUE puzzle rep... But gonna go for Alis. Her design is just way too dope.

Capcom : Jill Valentine. My most wanted newcommer, by far.

Bandai Namco : Chosen Undead (still hope that Sakurai would go with Solaire tho). Just imagine the fucking musics.

Square Enix : 2B. Again, the musics.

Microsoft : Joanna Dark. A James Bond style character (plus, a woman rep) would be really fun.

SNK : Athena or Nakoruru. Really like both. A Metal Slug rep would be so good too, but don't know if I would chose Marco.

Others : Reimu. Like the design, and interested in how Sakurai would convert the bullet hell genre into a moveset.
If I can chose a second one since it's a really long list, then Doomslayer. Just imagining this dude shooting Mario with a shotgun, and slaying Banjo with a chainsaw, is just so good. Also Hell, and metal music. This is so absurd, I love it.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Nah the 80 tracks detail is about different instrument tracks for the Psycho Soldier song. How many remixes/original songs we don't know, I personally expect 10 more or less, like with Banjo and Joker.
Nah, not the 80 track think. The Lisa needs braces thing.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Psycho Soldier getting into the music selection makes me optimistic about Terry's song selection. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment but thank god it's not just going the SF gimmick route of only SF2 tracks.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Psycho Soldier getting a new remix, by Yuzo Koshiro too, is fantastic news.

LR/HR Rathalos armor is fine, but I'm a little tired of it because of how often it's used.

I'd love to see GR/MR Rathian and Teostra though.
Oh yeah I agree regarding other armors. MH getting in Smash would mean different armors imo anyway.
Just meant this specific Rathalos armor design is the best one (unlike the one used in MHW, or the one in MvCI for example). It was nice seeing it in other games and as a figurine too.
ex_troopers_mh1.jpg

XSWoHaM.jpg

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
It turns out that the leak was actually not going far enough, and there are also Mii costumes for Leon and Jill, Heihachi, Dixie, Ray-Man, Phoenix Wright, and just so no one feels left out, KOS-MOS, Haruka Amami, and Reimu.

Every character is cancelled.
I'd be perfectly content with a Haruka Amami Mii costume.

I'd still consider that a win.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Avatar bet: Sakurai will showcase Terry in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To think: I can comfortably slam my consciousness against a Luigi's Mansion 3 boss in bed, winding down, to watch this while everyone else has to uncomfortably wake up to do so

I am truly lucky

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I just had a horrible thought.
They aren't going to try and dub Terry are they?
His amazing Engrish is half the charm of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.