• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
There are two Mii Costume leaks that may point towards Geno & Doom Slayer coming to Smash. We don't know if the leak is legit, though.
Anyway the only thing I think that model port proves is that making a Mallow hat is probably not all that difficult if you have any experience modeling. Like, both Mallow and Cacodemon have simple designs.

We don't know. We got potential Mii Costume leaks of Mallow and Cacodemon.

That would be a perfect ending to the first fighters pass for me so I hope it's real. Thanks guys!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just have the feeling that if you add (supposedly) 10 characters, and that none of them are women, you actually went out of your way to actually only include men.
It's not that they would care about representation if they add a woman/women. It's just that at some point, when they think about 10 characters to add, I don't believe that you innocently come up with only men. At some point there has to be a woman that cross your mind, even if you don't think about representation.
I hope you're right, I really do. But the current batch of characters & the rumors of the next two don't exactly aspire confidence that we'll eventually get more women. This is why it's important that we make our voices heard.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway the only thing I think that model port proves is that making a Mallow hat is probably not all that difficult if you have any experience modeling. Like, both Mallow and Cacodemon have simple designs.
SMRPG characters are basically one step removed from Ballz 3D characters in terms of model complexity

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always wrong with smash speculation so keep that in mind.

But these two Mii costume picks seem to angle towards messing with the smash speculators of the west.
All its missing is a crash related Mii hat but I guess trying to cram in a third potential newcomer would be a step too far into Dreamland

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
An old Smash for mod is irrelevant tbh. If we assume a modder made the Doom costume from scratch, they likely made the Mallow costume from scratch too. They wouldn't have imported someone else's work.

I assume for a fairly competent 3D modeller these two simple shaped costumes world be fairly straightforward to make.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I feel like this was supposed to make me believe in the leak less, but it actually makes me believe it more, lol:

gfICddK.png

Ultimate version doesn't clip over the Mii's face. Don't really need to explain why it just looks more official than this modded attempt.

In the game where modded Mii costume ARE possible, it looks worse than the game where modded Mii costumes aren't yet possible. Funny that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
An old Smash for mod is irrelevant tbh. If we assume a modder made the Doom costume from scratch, they likely made the Mallow costume from scratch too. They wouldn't have imported someone else's work.

I assume for a fairly competent 3D modeller these two simple shaped costumes world be fairly straightforward to make.
It's not an old mod, it was made 40 minutes ago.

Presumably to prove a point.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It's also worth noting that even if these are legit it doesn't guarantee any fighters, for all we know Geno is also a Mii Costume just like he was in Smash Wii U.

I personally don't believe the evidence either way, it's too similar to the Ken leak and combining both DOOM & Mario RPG representation in one video feels like it's trying to capture confirmation bias - like if you wanted someone to believe your fake, this is how you would do it.

That being said the actual work behind the video is convincing

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this was supposed to make me believe in the leak less, but it actually makes me believe it more, lol:

gfICddK.png

Ultimate version doesn't clip over the Mii's face. Don't really need to explain why it just looks more official than this modded attempt.

In the game where custom Mii costume ARE possible, it looks worse than the game where custom Mii costumes aren't yet possible. Funny that.
That's what I was looking at. The base of the Wii U mod hat just clips right into the head, but the ultimate one has a proper base.
It's also worth noting that even if these are legit it doesn't guarantee any fighters, for all we know Geno is also a Mii Costume just like he was in Smash Wii U.

I personally don't believe the evidence either way, it's too similar to the Ken leak and combining both DOOM & Mario RPG representation in one video feels like it's trying to capture confirmation bias - like if you wanted someone to believe your fake, this is how you would do it.

agreed

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Real or fake, it does look pretty convincing.

I guess part of me is hoping that this is fake so we can have some hope for more women in the near future.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's safe to assume that whoever made the Mii hat mod probably cared a lot less about making sure it's a 1:1 with the Ultimate version.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
If there was a choice between doom guy and dragon born

Maybe dragon born had the issue of too much potential?

Like all the races and weapons and magic and shouts

Be like hero on steroids to to them justice

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Imagine if this is real, but the leaker is actually fucking with us : Dragonborn is #5, comes with some Doom and Fallout costumes, and Mallow hat is coming along Geno's mii costume.
Wait. What's going on? Is Geno happening? And Doomguy too? I'm lost lol

If It is real, it does not necessarily confirm Geno since we already have square characters. But we most likely need a Bethesda character to get Bethesda costumes. It doesn't have to be Doomguy, he is just the "Terry" of bethesda

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yup even if they're real that makes it seem like we're not getting Doomslayer or Geno as these costumes would presumably come with Terry lol

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How convenient that the one thing everyone figured out how to do in Smash 4 is the one thing that's shown in the Ultimate footage, and that there's no other new body parts

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Fighter pass 2 is only women :
Jill Valentine
Arle Nadja
Reimu
Kos Mos (Xenoblade 2 design)
2B

With Ayumi Tachibana (no stage, one track song) as a free bonus newcommer if you buy Famicom Detective Club remake. (Same price as PP if you don't buy the game)

What's you reaction if this happen

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Jill Valentine
Arle Nadja
Reimu
2B

With Ayumi Tachibana (no stage, one track song) as a free bonus newcommer if you buy Famicom Detective Club remake. (Same price as PP if you don't buy the game)

Hell yes

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Jill Valentine
Arle Nadja
Reimu
2B

Hayabusa is a hat coming with the new Atelier girl as the Tecmo rep.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Jill Valentine
Arle Nadja
Reimu
2B

Jill is great
I dont know the next 3
2B is cool but also kind of random

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
If I was the first person to get custom Mii hats working, it'd be smart to pull an Artsy Omni by promoting my work with a fake leak.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
The good thing about this leak is that this is going to get people to start drawing a lot of fanart with Geno and Doom Slayer being buddies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
How convenient that the one thing everyone figured out how to do in Smash 4 is the one thing that's shown in the Ultimate footage, and that there's no other new body parts
If it was as simple as "we did it in Smash 4, we can do it in Ultimate" wouldn't the community have figured it out immediately?

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No way we get a video of a leak for smash, I think that has never happened before (other than that ersb leask)

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Jill Valentine
Arle Nadja
Reimu
2B

I would feel it's a pretty weak pass.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If it was as simple as "we did it in Smash 4, we can do it in Ultimate" wouldn't the community have figured it out immediately?
I'm not arguing that it wasn't hard to figure out. I'm arguing that if someone did figure it out it seems extremely convenient for this leak to only feature elements that Smash modders are likely to manipulate the easiest.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
If it's real, why are you guys assuming this means they're fighters? It may as well just be mii fighters that they included in to make up for the lack of them in the roster.

If anything this makes me think they are not in.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the case for a Bethesda character is a lot stronger than for Geno. It would be very strange to make a deal with them for JUST Mii stuff. Whether it's Doomguy or Dovahkiin or whoever, I don't know, but if it's legit I think they'd definitely be getting a full character.

It's possible they just have a set of SMRPG costumes, though. That wouldn't be as big a stretch. Disappointing, but plausible.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Eh. Not convinced.

These would be pretty lame picks, as far as my opinion goes but that's just me.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it's real, why are you guys assuming this means they're fighters? It may as well just be mii fighters that they included in to make up for the lack of them in the roster.

If anything this makes me think they are not in.
Hard to know either way. Since it's not a mii costume of the rumored characters themselves, I wouldn't point at it deconfirming them. On the other hand, it doesn't confirm them either.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

gfICddK.png

In the game where modded Mii costume ARE possible, it looks worse than the game where modded Mii costumes aren't yet possible. Funny that.

You realize that they could improve on that mod to fit in Ultimate and match with another Ultimate's Mii heads in the game.

Btw any avatar bets concerning geno

I quit them and disavow my participation

Just in case

Too Late and I don't even remember you participated in any avatar bets anyway.

If I was the first person to get custom Mii hats working, it'd be smart to pull an Artsy Omni by promoting my work with a fake leak.

That's what I said in discord last night since the person who leaked the video said that he would come back next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.