• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I've semi-joked before about a double header Sora/Crash reveal at E3 but I think Smash fans' brains would melt.

Geno at E3 would be kinda odd since he's such a cult figure with little mainstream penetration. I guess he's not that far off from the likes of Roy being revealed at E3 though.
So you're suggesting the return of the 2 dlc trailers from e3? ....i can 100% go for that

I can imagine heads exploding from the sheer excitement of that.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
0Fb23wa.jpg
Yes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Let's be honest, if it weren't for me, Hayabusa would be that character, lol.
Eh, I dunno. I feel like we'd still be throwing around the likelihood of Tecmo Koei getting a rep no matter what, and Hayabusa would obviously be the frontrunner.

But yeah, he wouldn't have come up nearly as much in that scenario lol

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Oh shit. I honestly didn't know.

I regret bringing them up even as a joke.
Oh, he's a total piece of shit. It's too bad, because I loooved EWJ as a kid.

I bought Clayfighter 63 1/3 because he was in it, and I loathed the SNES game.

Which, yeah, we need Bad Mr. Frosty in Smash.

Let's be honest, if it weren't for me, Hayabusa would be that character, lol.
Here maybe. If you went by just this place we'd have half the Xenoblade cast at this point.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Pic of the day was both a blessing and a curse.

So many of us stayed up for damn things. I remember one picture just being Luigi's nose or Charizard trying to eat a waddle Dee
I think I was in a prime timezone from those; they just happened in the middle of the day and I would check them when I could.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope we don't have to wait long for Sakurai to outline the post-FP DLC plans. Are we getting another pass?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Pic of the Day was really just whatever nonsense Sakurai felt like sharing whether it was informative or not.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Pic of the Day was really just whatever nonsense Sakurai felt like sharing whether it was informative or not.
though over time it trended more towards informative over nonsense

even after making a point about going back to the nonsense roots he still posted a bunch of informative ones. he just cant help himself!

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it when the Pic of the Day confirmed the Meta Knight Mii Costume two days before it confirmed Actual Meta Knight

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's still kind of sad that Wario briefly had the unique distinction of being the only character to debut as a starter and become unlockable in a later game, until Ultimate came along and made almost the entire cast unlockable

he was special and they took it away from him.........

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
it's still kind of sad that Wario briefly had the unique distinction of being the only character to debut as a starter and become unlockable in a later game, until Ultimate came along and made almost the entire cast unlockable

They should've swapped Jigglypuff and Wario's unlock status in Smash Wii U, just so Puff could've retained her unique attribute of being the only character to be unlockable in every installment.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

He's still special since he's only character that could fart.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I instantly knew in my gut K. Rool was coming when I saw Klaptraps.

I was 95% sure after the Klaptrap reveal as well even though I anticipated a lot of "IT'S JUST REUSED ASSETS" and "KREMLINGS WERE IN SMASH RUN" arguments. Good thing I only had to wait 10 minutes more to quash those for good!

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

I don't get why they made Wario locked in Smash 4.

It's Wario. No one seriously thought he wasn't going to be in Smash. No one was like "Oh my God they actually brought back Wario!" when they unlocked him.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They should've swapped Jigglypuff and Wario's unlock status in Smash Wii U, just so Puff could've retained her unique attribute of being the only character to be unlockable in every installment.
Yeah, Jigglypuff's "gimmick" is the only one that was completely ruined.

Luigi was the same too, but 3DS robbed him of that.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, Jigglypuff's "gimmick" is the only one that was completely ruined.
To be fair, it was still true for Luigi before Smash 3DS; but Jigglypuff retained the distinction for the short time between Smash 3DS' launch and the 50-Fact Extravaganza.

Once again, having two versions of Smash 4 ruined everything ;)

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why they made Wario locked in Smash 4.

It's Wario. No one seriously thought he wasn't going to be in Smash. No one was like "Oh my God they actually brought back Wario!" when they unlocked him.
there were people who seriously thought Meta Knight was getting cut from Smash 4 because he was too OP in Brawl

there are always people

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to know how Green Missile came to be. That and Peach Bomber.

"Yeah, and Peach should have a hip attack that, uh, explodes."
They just took the most exaggerated part of Peach's body and made it more exaggerated.

I kinda miss the explosion from Melee. It was funny. (I miss a lot of things about Peach in Melee...)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Thinking about it, it's pretty strange that they were able to incorporate moves from Luigi's Mansion 3 into the base game (not just the physical appearance of the Poltergust G-00, but the suction shot for the grab and the slam for forward and back throw) yet all of the Odyssey stuff was aesthetic.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, it's pretty strange that they were able to incorporate moves from Luigi's Mansion 3 into the base game (not just the physical appearance of the Poltergust G-00, but the suction shot for the grab and the slam for forward and back throw) yet all of the Odyssey stuff was aesthetic.
At least Mario looks like he's wearing the cape this time instead of just flipping a sheet (which was improved upon for Doc as well, so that's cool too). All the little touches they made to Mario were quite satisfying even though they were really small.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Any rumors about L Block yet?
If not we should start a rumor

I was playing Tetris 99 and when I placed and L Block I could have sworn it said "I'M GOING TO BE IN SUPER SMASH BROS."

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms would be a terrible track choice for Mallow, especially if Geno came with it anyway (and just to clarify, no Brawl remix actually exists; it's very likely that it and the other cut Brawl remixes were never composed in the first place).

5c9f2aec-5033-4c6b-83c2-b984e5f2f515-png.242731

It was supposedly a hint for the Link's Awakening remake before the February Direct (though personally, I think they were just covering themselves up and the hint was supposed to be for the Pikmin 3 port).
Well this gives more context for that list of characters Sabi thought was "likely" and "unlikely", since they put Tracer in that camp.

Even if I think they're totally off their rocker for thinking Maxwell was likely.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fine by me if that ends up being the case. Really hope whoever Fighter 5 is, it's just anyone that hasn't been pushed hard by leakers.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Any rumors about L Block yet?
If not we should start a rumor

I was playing Tetris 99 and when I placed and L Block I could have sworn it said "I'M GOING TO BE IN SUPER SMASH BROS."
But the O-Block is the Smashboy.

Yes, I know that manual was a hoax, but let me have this one.

Even if I think they're totally off their rocker for thinking Maxwell was likely.
We're all laughing now, but when Maxwell is actually revealed next year we'll all be sorry.

Well, revealed as a Mii Costume, but you get the idea.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Apparently some info supporting Reimu came out today or something? Anyone on here know anything about that?

Something about some Doujin groups supposedly being contacted to make Smash remixes and a track list being posted?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
If someone got contacted to do a Smash remix, I really doubt we'd find out who it is via random forum posts
Typically i'd believe that, but since we could be dealing with multiple independent groups in this case, I could buy something falling through the cracks.

On the topic of Reimu; apparently that interview with ZUN where he mentioned Smash, while posted this month, actually occurred in March. Guess I was a bit quick to the draw on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.