• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm saying that SNK Heroines is a creepy ass game that's best left ignored, and if someone responds "gross" to mentioning it I don't think it's right to keep the joke up.

You're funnier and more clever than something that lowbrow.

You know the phrase "when someone tells you who they are, believe them?"

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fatal Cutie gets worse when you think about the implications of the body change. A man in a different body is still a man, and in the context of trans man representation it's the worst thing possible.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
CyberWolfJV , I completely respect your take on this. The Crash series isn't one I grew up with in my childhood (That was Spyro, and I'm currently feeling similar thoughts about the series with everything going down), but Crash as an icon meeting up with Sonic and Mario was something I wanted to see. Even if I loved Spyro more, I knew what Crash represented and what that would mean. I don't blame you at all for still wanting your dream to happen.

I'll be honest in that I'm in a very weird spot right now in regards to Crash. I don't think I can actively root for him, but I can't honestly say I'd be pissed if he got in either. It's going to be one of those "I'll cross that moral dilemma if Crash actually gets in".

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 weeks): Antagonizing other users; prior infractions for similiar behaviour
It didn't happen once either. Unless you want to dig up post history drama in a Smash thread, it's best you drop this.
Oh?
Also lol @ westerners in this thread acting like they are so above Japan. Pedophilia is woven deeply into all cultures. Why do you think women are socially mandated to shave their body hair? Or you can look at two of the most famous movie directors ever, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, talk about how Indiana Jones having an underage relationship is so exciting and enticing:

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
Late but Grinch leak never seemed convincing to me, especially after fake leaks like Omni's rayman one (which incited so much speculation that ubisoft had to contact nintendo). If people can photoshop in bomberman into the art layout, then its definitely not hard to squeeze in 7 characters in a extremely blurry image where mistakes can be hid.

Grinch leak was a case of people seeing things that didn't exist.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If it does come west I think Ayumi's chances would skyrocket. Fingers crossed.
I'll be shocked if it isn't localized. In addition to Nintendo's localization track record on the Switch, they must know that there's an audience, even if it's a small one, that has wanted to play these games in English for a very long time now.

Last edited:

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I forgot I made this awhile ago. For your hate/love/indifference.

XJLQZOd.png

B - Geno Beam - Similar to Robin/ROB's special. Balanced by taking much longer to charge fully.
Side B - Geno Whirl - Throw a disc. Timing is based on when it hits and where it hits players to cause massive damage.
Down B - Geno Boost - Similar to Wii Fit Trainer's boost.
Up B - Geno Cannon - Cannon similar to that mod, cannot trap opponents in the cannon. Timing is like the disc throw side B.

Final Smash - Gen Blast - Kind of like PK Starstorm but with lights that cover the stage.

Side Smash - A hard gun blast kind of like Mega Man's
Up Smash - Shoots his hands up to give him some range
Down Smash - Borrows the fan from Peach and sweeps low both sides.

Aerial A - Borrows Bowser's chomp and swings him
Down Aerial - Shoots a pellet downward to spike
Back Aerial - Shoots his hand as a rocket
Up Aerial - A swipe strike borrowed from Bowser
Forward Aerial - Elbow gun

Forward Tilt - Borrows the cymbals from Mallow
Up Tilt - A twist uppercut move he only does in a cutscene
Down Tilt - Borrows the frog staff from Mallow to poke people
Rapid Jab - Shoots pellets out
Dash Attack - This fast moving attack, kind of like Fox's side

Down throw - throws into a the ground with a small thunderbolt (borrowed from Mallow)
Forward Throw - Throws them forward like Bowser did
Up throw - A rock forms out of the ground to throw them upward
Back throw - Praising the stars but it throws them backwards

Up Taunt - Praise the stars
Side Taunt - Crossed arms
Down Taunt - Talk to the hand

Alts: Mario, Mallow, Bowser, Peach, enemies from SMRPG.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
*Catches up on the thread*

Jesus Christ, Brock.

I'll say straight-up that I don't mind Fatal Cutie Terry in the slightest, but I know that there are those that do mind and I'm not going to get into any arguments over that. But digging up old posts to accuse people of repeat bannings for pedo defenses are...?

What the fuck even happened in the last page?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be shocked if it isn't localized. In additional to Nintendo's localization track record on the Switch, they much know that there's an audience, even if it's a small one, that has wanted to play these games in English for a very long time now.

It's basically the main reason I really want another Nintendo Direct even if we basically just got one. Not announcing it simultaneously with Japan's announcement makes sense enough, as Japan's reveal assumed viewers knew the series and they likely want to have English screenshots/video of a game that's almost entirely text and menus. So, with that in mind, after a few more months... surely, something for the west can be shown. Surely.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I forgot I made this awhile ago. For your hate/love/indifference.

XJLQZOd.png

B - Geno Beam - Similar to Robin/ROB's special. Balanced by taking much longer to charge fully.
Side B - Geno Whirl - Throw a disc. Timing is based on when it hits and where it hits players to cause massive damage.
Down B - Geno Boost - Similar to Wii Fit Trainer's boost.
Up B - Geno Cannon - Cannon similar to that mod, cannot trap opponents in the cannon. Timing is like the disc throw side B.

Final Smash - Gen Blast - Kind of like PK Starstorm but with lights that cover the stage.

Side Smash - A hard gun blast kind of like Mega Man's
Up Smash - Shoots his hands up to give him some range
Down Smash - Borrows the fan from Peach and sweeps low both sides.

Aerial A - Borrows Bowser's chomp and swings him
Down Aerial - Shoots a pellet downward to spike
Back Aerial - Shoots his hand as a rocket
Up Aerial - A swipe strike borrowed from Bowser
Forward Aerial - Elbow gun

Forward Tilt - Borrows the cymbals from Mallow
Up Tilt - A twist uppercut move he only does in a cutscene
Down Tilt - Borrows the frog staff from Mallow to poke people
Rapid Jab - Shoots pellets out
Dash Attack - This fast moving attack, kind of like Fox's side

Down throw - throws into a the ground with a small thunderbolt (borrowed from Mallow)
Forward Throw - Throws them forward like Bowser did
Up throw - A rock forms out of the ground to throw them upward
Back throw - Praising the stars but it throws them backwards

Up Taunt - Praise the stars
Side Taunt - Crossed arms
Down Taunt - Talk to the hand

Alts: Mario, Mallow, Bowser, Peach, enemies from SMRPG.

I think the Final Smash would be cinematic like basically all of the Ultimate newcomers except the echo fighters.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
moon is really rocking the Japanese eShop charts, huh;

I mean, people thought that Frisk could work as a pacifist character, so...

I think the Final Smash would be cinematic like basically all of the Ultimate newcomers except the echo fighters.
Inkling though. I think a non-cinematic Final Smash is fine for Geno.

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
I think the whole "denying acti-blizz character" as a way of responding to Blizzard's fuck-ups was not the best thing to do in the first place. The people who poured their heart and souls to the likes of Crash-Bandicoot and Tracer has nothing most likely has nothing to do, and likely cannot do much, on the managerial decisions blizzard makes. Boycotting acti-blizz characters puts way more stress on all the content creators inside the company that loves their games before it puts a dent in those higer-up who should be held accountable for this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Any list that doesn't have Bowser Jr. in bottom tier is automatically fake.

I think the whole "denying acti-blizz character" as a way of responding to Blizzard's fuck-ups was not the best thing to do in the first place. The people who poured their heart and souls to the likes of Crash-Bandicoot and Tracer has nothing most likely has nothing to do, and likely cannot do much, on the managerial decisions blizzard makes. Boycotting acti-blizz characters puts way more stress on all the content creators inside the company that loves their games before it puts a dent in those higer-up who should be held accountable for this.

None of us are actually adding the characters to the game. It's entirely up to Nintendo and Sakurai. So if someone says "I don't want an ActiBlizz character" then they aren't in a position to validate or invalidate the character getting into the game.

I say this as someone who still has Crash as my most wanted. People can want or not want whoever they are as long as they are respectful of each other's opinions in this sensitive issue.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people don't want the company to be endorsed by being represented in the biggest gaming crossover. No one would be hurt by not getting their character in Smash.

People can boycott their games too, as they would be supporting the company otherwise. Your rhetoric is very typical bargaining.

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I always just say 70+ since including Piranha Plant there are 70 numbered characters in the initial roster, plus echo fighters.

If the official number ticks into the 80s...

tenor.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
imo you should count the characters who are just alts too

Justice for Alph! And Iggy! And Morton! And Lemmy! And Ludwig! And Roy! And Wendy! And Larry! And Erdrick! And Solo! And Eight!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
You know; it's really sad that the Koopalings, most gender alts and some alternate costumes get to have unique render poses, yet Alph's is identical to Olimar.

Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.