• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are we going to see Nintendo character getting in Smash Bros via DLC?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • No...

Votes: 61 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2018
Sakurai implied Dixie Kong was on the way, I feel. There was also something about the cadence of his words that told me "the Queen Banana Bird will be Dixie's final smash".

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
getting an all-Nintendo fighters pass would be bittersweet knowing that there's almost definitely no chance of Dillon

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I just spent 30 minutes online playing as Banjo and Kazooie and fighting Sans from Undertale in locales from plenty of different Nintendo and third party franchises.
Smash is fucking beautiful.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
I know some people are celebrating Hayabusa being out, but I don't really think that's the case. Just one leak specifically got thrown out, that's really all. From what I've heard (this is just from SmashBoards' Geno thread with Fatmanonice and Sabi related, so take from it what you will), Ryu's name does keep coming up with some insiders regardless of other more specific leaks, so there's still a decent chance he's our #5 (I mean he has a great chance without "insiders" or "leakers," but I always think it's important to note these things).
I don't think any leaks up to this point has any weight given that everyone was blindsided by Terry/Sans. Not to say that he can't make it, but there's nothing to point towards him.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Season 2 will still be dominated by Guest fighters but I think there will be an opportunity for the new Nintendo stars to shine. May as well if Sakurai really wants to bill this as the most complete version of Smash. Would suck for the Switch to have gotten very little in the premiere Nintendo crossover title

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I posted this in the other thread, figured Sakurai's gotta be doing this intentionally

EDrHvTNXUAAb5F2

EDrHxRUX4AA7eoF

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fully expecting the extra DLC to all be guests. His specific detailing on additional content, how uniquely special this game is with all of those crossovers vein. an emphasis, and how this pass has already planned out and pretty much breaks the internet with each crossover just add to that.

I'm sure they also looked at Smash 4 sales with someone like Cloud vs. Corrin. Cloud was EVERYWHERE. And with this not being straight up called a new season/pass, it sounds like individual purchases after dlc 5, which makes more new crossovers a much bigger pull.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm playing as Banjo on the Duck Hunt stage fighting Mewtwo while Megalovania plays.

I never, ever thought we would get here from this back in March 2018:

hqdefault.jpg

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I take back my earlier bitching about Wonderwing, it is AMAZINGLY satisfying to land and launches like crazy.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
You know, that rumour about PSABR2 that was floating a few days ago makes this extension to the Fighter's Pass make a little bit of sense. Sakurai doesn't want to cede ground on his turf.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I take back my earlier bitching about Wonderwing, it is AMAZINGLY satisfying to land and launches like crazy.
It's really laggy but if you know how to time it well it literally can't be contested and people are going to be on edge with that thing due to how powerful it is and how abrupt it is. Outside of it having some instances of being unsafe on hit at early percents it's actually pretty well balanced.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Terry's coming in November.

Character 5 in January?
The thing that gives me pause about that is if Terry is coming out late November that would be around 3 months since his announcement and the fact they had little to show for him is making me think it might be then.

So if Terry has that then I could see DLC 5 creeping to February unless they worked super hard on them at the same time and we get a Hero to Banjo like situation again

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The thing that gives me pause about that is if Terry is coming out late November that would be around 3 months since his announcement and the fact they had little to show for him is making me think it might be then.

So if Terry has that then I could see DLC 5 creeping to February unless they worked super hard on them at the same time and we get a Hero to Banjo like situation again

The Banjo breakdown video was recorded in July a couple of days after Hero's, so it makes sense why they showed little.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm glad that Terry's trailer confirmed a crucial piece of Smash lore;

Sakurai personally writes and sends out these invitations himself, and is therefore canon to Smash and all of the universes in it.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that Terry's trailer confirmed a crucial piece of Smash lore;

Sakurai personally writes and sends out these invitations himself, and is therefore canon to Smash and all of the universes in it.
Smash Bros. will only end production when Sakurai himself becomes a playable fighter.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Banjo is awesome - glad to hear the Duo getting lots of love.

Hopefully Dixie makes it in during Season 2, with K. Rool and banjo, Rare has almost too many characters added in one game after getting only one before. So I don't really expect another one.

And every Western character in the game is a rare one now, correct? Diddy, Rool and Banjo?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Banjo is awesome - glad to hear the Duo getting lots of love.

Hopefully Dixie makes it in during Season 2, with K. Rool and banjo, Rare has almost too many characters added in one game after getting only one before. So I don't really expect another one.

And every Western character in the game is a rare one now, correct? Diddy, Rool and Banjo?
Dark Samus is Retro.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
I've got a good feeling we'll see Phoenix make an objection to close out this first Fighter Pass.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Playing as Banjo really is a dream. Like, I still don't feel like this is real.

And Sans isn't helping.

In regards to future DLC... I really do think that Geno will happen in Ultimate now that we know DLC is continuing beyond the Fighters Pass.

Yeah. This is why I prefer to watch the Directs alone lol

Expecially since I'd have been the lone voice cheering for the Goemon costume.
Hey; I was (almost) as excited for Goemon as I was for Sans!

Didn't see any Konami Mii Costumes coming, honestly.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just confirmed that Banjo & Kazooie are listed as 1998 in All-Star. That's what I assumed but I liked that Sakurai pointed out that Banjo first appeared in DKR.

Also, Mob Smash set to Megalovania is fucking amazing.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see any Konami Mii Costumes coming, honestly.
Also means Twinbee is still in the running!

Also, would have been neat if the Goemon costume changed the shuriken to be gold coins though I assume that's a shared model between all Mii Gunners rather than a per costume thing.

And for a bit of pointless trivia: the US and UK Mii Costume trailers, despite both being in English, do make sure to use the correct regional Goemon logo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the get-go I'm assuming DLC will always add new franchises, ... mistranslation or not, they are already showing that the crossover aspect of Smash growing even bigger is their priority. It's about breaking records, bringing more different fandoms to Smash and creating new fans.

I'd be pretty surprised even if we get just one Nintendo character at all.. let alone from a franchise already in Smash.
I agree on the first part though I'm not so sure about the latter. Astral Chain is a new Nintendo IP that's taking off pretty well and it's one of the few non-eschewed Nintendo series that has no representation in Smash.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I remember when "fall" meant "October."

I'm so happy lol. Everything just seems way better than it did yesterday.

Sans Undertale is in fucking Smash Bros.

I'm convinced I'll wake up tomorrow and watch the actual Direct after this fever dream.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Oh god damn it I just realized.

The fucking amiibo.

It's going to take forever for them to all be announced and released up through season 2.

...the DLC characters ARE getting amiibo, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.