• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The anime rejected the new Pokemon evolution mechanic of its gen and instead made their own OC.

Then that OC made it into the games anyways. Pretty strange stuff.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard needs to get in as unique axe wielder

Dimitri can scoot in as an echo

As for Claude and Byleth.... well life's not fair

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Edelgard needs to get in as unique axe wielder

Dimitri can scoot in as an echo

As for Claude and Byleth.... well life's not fair
Knowing Sakurai, he'd probably just go for Byleth. It's not to say that Byleth wouldn't offer anything new (whip sword, Gold Experience Requiem, etc.), but rather that it goes back to the main-characters-first thing being a double-edged sword. This is especially so when Edelgard could keep the Fighters Pass from being all guys.
That plus Edelgard would be our first female villain in Smash.

Also, Claude > Dimitri

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if we were talking about a Three Houses rep for the Pass then yeah it would be Byleth unless Sakurai wanted to take a risk with using a "secondary" character for TH. Then again Edelgard isn't that risky considering she was a huge standout for the game pre release.

However I'd think Edelgard has a better chance in a second DLC selection/Pass rather than the current Fighter Pass. I would even argue that was the case for Three Houses regardless.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Sakurai, he'd probably just go for Byleth. It's not to say that Byleth wouldn't offer anything new (whip sword, Gold Experience Requiem, etc.), but rather that it goes back to the main-characters-first thing being a double-edged sword. This is especially so when Edelgard could keep the Fighters Pass from being all guys.
That plus Edelgard would be our first female villain in Smash.

Also, Claude > Dimitri

Don't know what you talking about. I did Edelgard route. Church crazy af too. Wasn't the villain too much there

I kid of course. She's also just a good character. Better than most of who are in from FE. More interesting. plus has an alt costume to use.

She is also gonna still be the most used deployed unit. But yeah probably would be Byleth despite her have unique moves too

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Byleth's whip sword seems like the most interesting weapon to me, but I assume he would still be a typical Marth-like character outside a couple specials that use it. Using battalions is the most interesting thing they could do with a fighter from that game for a gimmick. I have doubts it would happen outside of a FS though because we don't really have a "summoner" character unfortunately. The closest is like Pokemon Trainer, but those are just 3 normal characters you play as rather than calling a variety of NPCs to your aid.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Byleth's whip sword seems like the most interesting weapon to me, but I assume he would still be a typical Marth-like character outside a couple specials that use it. Using battalions is the most interesting thing they could do with a fighter from that game for a gimmick. I have doubts it would happen outside of a FS though because we don't really have a "summoner" character unfortunately. The closest is like Pokemon Trainer, but those are just 3 normal characters you play as rather than calling a variety of NPCs to your aid.
I was thinking that maybe Byleth would have a mechanic where their sword starts off being normal but you can charge a meter or switch to the Whip Sword mode. I was also thinking of ways Divine Pulse can be integrated. Maybe a counter that resets positions or can be a regular attack.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking that maybe Byleth would have a mechanic where their sword starts off being normal but you can charge a meter or switch to the Whip Sword mode. I was also thinking of ways Divine Pulse can be integrated. Maybe a counter that resets positions or can be a regular attack.

I was pretty pessimistic on divine pulse just being a flashy way for a counter, similar to Shulk's visions.

I suppose they could do like a "master of arms" type thing, since Byleth is a professor. Have him use different weapons in battle, and the ones you use more he gradually gets better at as the fight progresses. Something to mimic the progression system of the game in raising different attributes anyways.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty pessimistic on divine pulse just being a flashy way for a counter, similar to Shulk's visions.

I suppose they could do like a "master of arms" type thing, since Byleth is a professor. Have him use different weapons in battle, and the ones you use more he gradually gets better at as the fight progresses.
I've noticed the timeskip Lords have weapons that look similar to Byleth's sword (haven't gotten to timeskip so I don't know the context) but maybe Byleth can switch between the four weapons at will or are integrated for specials.

Also on the point of Divine Pulse. The ability is to literally turn back time so there's room for creative applications. Also because Divine Pulse comes from Sothis that means Byleth could be applied to Companion Theory

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of Theatrhythm just arrived and I gotta say, it sucks that Munchie in Ultimate is immobile, but in the former game he's actually fully animated.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I've officially jumped onto the Hero is Bullshit train.

KO'd three times at low percent by crits and killed at 0 by a Thwack.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
That sounds to me like they simply got their names mixed up. The concert tickets thing is exactly the same explanation people use for Sugiyama being responsible for the midi and Horii has absolutely nothing to gain from something like that.
I can't recall who said Horii but we were absolutely talking about Sugiyama. Sorry for the confusion

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Fighters Pass rumors before The Game Awards are so funny to revisit now; in particular, that one Reddit user who pushed for Katalina and Steve. Shit like "Banjo is looking grim. And tbh, he never really had good chance to begin with" and the reply of "none" to someone asking if they had heard about any Shin Megami Tensei / Persona characters is so hilarious.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
no one plays games on this site

I'm playing Kero Blaster. Fun little game.

Fighters Pass rumors before The Game Awards are so funny to revisit now; in particular, that one Reddit user who pushed for Katalina and Steve. Shit like "Banjo is looking grim. And tbh, he never really had good chance to begin with" and the reply of "none" to someone asking if they had heard about any Shin Megami Tensei / Persona characters is so hilarious.

I knew Hitagi was full of shit and had nothing to back up their Smash claims. The fact that they mixed up which game Katalina was for only certified that.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when verge said k.rool deconfirmed hours before the direct?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Speaking of K. Rool, hard to believe it's been almost a year since his reveal. Smash will never be as good as the August 2018 Smash Direct ever again.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Dealing with those rumors for months only made Banjo's return all the more sweeter.

Speaking of K. Rool, hard to believe it's been almost a year since his reveal. Smash will never be as good as the August 2018 Smash Direct ever again.

This E3 eclipsed K. Rool's reveal for me. I've hoped for K. Rool since Brawl, but Banjo was impossible in my mind until 2015.

The August 2018 Direct itself though was packed. Definitely can't top that.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ken getting confirmed with a CG trailer is still my favorite new character reveal(for Ultimate). That said, Richter's inclusion is the biggest surprise in Smash history. Like 98% of the audience had no idea who he was.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This E3 eclipsed K. Rool's reveal for me. I've hoped for K. Rool since Brawl, but Banjo was impossible in my mind until 2015.

The August 2018 Direct itself though was packed. Definitely can't top that.

Yeah, I mean the whole Direct. 900 songs, 103 stages, K. Rool, Castlevania, Chrom, Dark Samus, etc. Truly the best Smash Direct.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
In retrospect, given the similarities between the Belmonts, it's surprising that more people weren't speculating an echo fighter for Simon. Did anyone on this site call Richter?

Mar 9, 2018
O Golden-bellied baby
angel Kremling king!
Escaped from Miyamoto
and Tanabe's garbage bin.
We will love you forever, ever
Let you fade, never never.

Status
Not open for further replies.