• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be hilarious if Pikachu starts going "Pika pika pika pika pikkkaaa" and then Marth comes out of nowhere and is like "why yes, Pikachu is one of the many languages I know" and translates for Pikachu the entire time.
Realistically if they wanted the pokemon cast to be translated they'd probably use Lucario as an intermediary

I'd say Mewtwo but we need someone to speak in the english versions :V

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SSE was very weird.

Wario: Gets rushed by Waddle Dees and comically loses his car.

Also Wario: Hunts and kills boys.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
SSE making Wario come across like a right creeper actually made him the most terrifying foe.
Nothing the rest do comes close to laughing MANICALLY in a storm with Ness Abduction while Lucas flees for his life

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
World of Light was a genius use of resources

It's basically just a bunch of really well done art pieces for the maps with Spirit Battles spread around and very minor puzzles and boss fights so you don't realize you're just playing a giant Spirit Board with a pretty png in the background.

I'm sure it still took a lot of work, but significantly less work than building a platform game or trying to make some cutscene heavy story.
I do wish there was just a bit more interaction, though.
Cutscenes would be ideal but I understand why they're limited.

But some text would have been cool, like what the dojo and exploration characters had. Those were fun to read. Like when you rescue playable characters they could have a little quip or two and maybe they'd be context dependent. Like Bowser would grumble a thanks normally but if Peach did it he'd swoon a little and if Mario did it he'd be angry about the whole thing.
Not a lot, or too many variations, but it'd add a little extra flavor that I think would be cute.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The falcon flyer meta ridley fight is the coolest gameplay part of subspace and it's close to what the whole thing should have been.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
The falcon flyer meta ridley fight is the coolest gameplay part of subspace and it's close to what the whole thing should have been.
Unless you're trying to get Meta Ridley's trophy, in which case it turns into an infuriating example of how to get a collectable in a game.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ganondorf working at his computer screens.
Between that, his dumb "I'mma gonna betray you" smirk when bowing and his anime as heck takeoff when Tabuu first appears, I can't say SSE did the Dorf wrong.

Majunior

Jun 20, 2019
Waluigi gets a ridiculous amount of hate. To point were it clouds people's judgment on how likely he is for Smash 6. He and Minecraft Steve are just examples of characters that are considered "acceptable" hate. If it was Isabelle in the same position as Waluigi, people would call foul.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Waluigi gets a ridiculous amount of hate. To point were it clouds people's judgment on how likely he is for Smash 6. He and Minecraft Steve are just examples of characters that are considered "acceptable" hate. If it was Isabelle in the same position as Waluigi, people would call foul.
Waluigi was one of the most wanted characters here pre e3.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Fun cutscenes

- Snake's foolproof disguise failing against Lucario, who just sensed Snake
- Using giant ROBs to to a visual gag making Olimar look tiny, and then Falcon comes and does stuff and murders Pikmin
- Pikachu and Samus' grand adventures leading to Ridley
- All the ships attacking, with Olimar's junk pile sputtering behind

The Ridley cutscene was so iconic, that Ridley dragging Samus as an attack is now just something he does in regular games (including Ultimate)

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Subspace gave us tea time.
Di0DaCRXsAIgmch.jpg

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Porky or Rayquaza should have been SSE boss to come back in Ultimate instead of Galleom tbh.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Porky or Rayquaza should have been SSE boss to come back in Ultimate instead of Galleom tbh.

I'd guess Galleom was mainly chosen because he wanted a robot boss for some Classic mode runs. It's one of the most common bosses (Well, I didn't count, but it was the impression I had while playing through with everyone).

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Are there references to it or something?
Not that I'm aware of but the 2 Mewtwo fights that then lead directly to Master Hand just kind of stand out a bit more than the other "special" classic bosses.

Just on the same conspiracy shelf as the knuckles thing i mentioned last night. No proof at all.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess Galleom was mainly chosen because he wanted a robot boss for some Classic mode runs. It's one of the most common bosses (Well, I didn't count, but it was the impression I had while playing through with everyone).
I figure they went with Galleom because they wanted a more brawl-distinctive boss, & maybe to referene the original stuff, and he fit more than Tabuu, a final boss, and the swarmed master hand bosses which are a bit different. He has a mroe conventioanl boss fight than Duon, so maybe that's why he won out over that one?

As for bosses, you're mostly right.
Ignoring the Master hand, the "special" bosses like giant palutena or dk, & Master + Crazy fights (& not accounting for PP & Joker) its
Galleom at 6
Dracula, Rathalos and Ganon at 4 each
Marx with 3
Giga Bowser & solo Crazy Hand are tied for 2

Giga Bowser is bizarrely underutilized

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Still wonder if Mega Mewtwo was considered as a boss at one point....
I found it super interesting that the internal character list treats boss Mewtwo as a seperate entity (called mewtwo_masterhand). Would've been interesting to see it upgraded to Mega Mewtwo or something, but it's only used in one or two classic runs so it hardly matters.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hero is either dropping next Thursday or the Sunday of the following week.

EVO weekend drop seems as good of a time as any if they're not going to do next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.